Crystal Dangerfield "I am Sport" | The Boneyard

Crystal Dangerfield "I am Sport"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like this photo:

Screenshot (1).png

Reaction Score
Not a weakness. It's what they do. She will learn the no social media rule during the season and will be fine.

Reaction Score
Absolutely everything about this incoming player seems so very positive. And after 31 years of success in recruiting great young players, who invariably turn out to be really terrific young adults, it would be silly to critique the recruiting judgement of Geno, CD, and the rest of the staff. It seems quite likely that Crystal Dangerfield may be another Husky who embodies the best about Connecticut WCBB. Welcome,welcome, welcome.

But the crotchety old geezer in me wonders if promotional videos (even after the recruiting is over) and affiliation with an organization ( I am sport) that aims to do more than produce highlight videos, suggests that the apocalypse is upon us. I know the world has changed (it always is) and kids interact with it in a way that surprises, confuses, and annoys some old school fools like me. And I do try to refrain from judging.

But are we losing something valuable when people (not just athletes & not just young folks) are so engaged in promoting themselves and being promoted by others ?

Read my Twitter comments, like me on Facebook, YouTube my videos, Google me, read my blog, buy my t-shirt, ....

Am I overreacting ? What would George Carlin say ?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Am I overreacting ? What would George Carlin say ?

"Weather radar is now detecting an incoming flight of Russian ICBMs. So, I wouldn't sweat the thunderstorms..."

When those "old gaffers" among us were kids, this was funny stuff. Still is.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Think she's eager to get here?

I have already noticed one HUGE weakness that she will have to completely fix before the season begins next fall.
She Tweets a lot! :eek: :D

It's kinda like when a kid graduates from junior high school. They can't wait for that first day of high school. I vividly remember watching my son's face light up, as he was beaming with pride on his first day of high school.

Normally he bemoaned that the summer went by too fast. However, that year, he could not wait for the summer to be over. To answer your question, yeah, she's eager to get to Storrs and begin her college experience.

The interesting thing about her arrival is that she will arrive with more expectations of her (because of all of the media & Boneyard hype) than anyone (except Stewart) in a long time. I hope she enjoys everyday of her college experience.

Reaction Score
What a knock on the University of TN that the 3rd best HS player and #1 guard in the country from TN has chosen UCONN to play because UCONN has a better program than historic TN!
My first thought! I think the frosting on the cake was "I've met my childhood dream of going and playing in Connecticut". This statement reveals the fact she had her mind made up to come here back when Tennessee was still relevant. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom