Creme's latest | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Creme's latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I would also like to see Baylor play Louisville as a rematch from last year. Not sure how they would do that since they could both be 2 seeds but I can hope.

I would enjoy that, also. I am not convinced that Louisville will be a 2 seed, though. Maybe they will be dropped to a 3, which is where I think they belong.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I guess Creme would say that if the top team is going to be allowed to go to Lincoln, than they should also have the most grit in the diet. Tallying the seeds for the top four teams in each region based on the AP, Coaches, Sagarin, and Massey rankings, the Lincoln comes out toughest in all but the AP.

Linc: AP (32), Coach (28), Sag (28), Mass (30)
SBend: AP (29), Coach (32), Sag (40), Mass (36)
Louis: AP (34), Coach (34), Sag (41), Mass (39)
Stan: AP (41), Coach (43), Sag (44), Mass (35)

But BYers are much better than Creme at this Bracketology stuff anyway, so we should set up the pairings in our own much wiser way. But anyone who thinks Louisville is a #3 seed is clearly a very bitter Baylor fan. They are rated the top #2 seed by the 4 services overall.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well basketball fans, I wouldn't mind seeing Baylor in our region as #2 seed at all. First of all I put little creed into Charlie Creme's brackets except for entertainment purposes . First of all, I think, S.C., Duke, and Louisville are all stronger teams than Baylor. Is there really any other player besides Sims that really scares uconn ? Not ! Go back and rewatch Huskies game with Baylor. Huskies took a ton of quick shots down there on their homecourt, and IHO really didn't expose the weak interior of Baylor. I would expext a 20 pt. win by Huskies over Baylor on a neutral court !

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
He does seem to have a problem with the S curve on the 3/4 lines as the geographic distribution seems to imply or having decided to skip geography for Uconn he has thrown it out completely.
I wouldn't be surprised if Baylor ended up as a 1 seed to allow them to be sent to Stanford as a 2, shifting Duke to Lincoln as the 2 there. I think that might be the best 1/2 match-ups.

And while I will not be surprised if he is right ... the SEC bottom feeders Florida (8-8), UGA (7-9), LSU (7-9), and Vanderbilt (7-9) and the ACC bottom feeder Florida St (7-9) getting in really burn me. I really hate the idea awarding those teams for a level of mediocrity within an extremely inconsistent SEC - the reasoning is they have some 'good' wins but I think reality is the teams they beat had some really bad losses. I am a little less bothered with Oklahoma because at least they tried to play a real OOC.

Reaction Score
I would MUCH rather see UCONN vs Tennessee. That game would draw much better ratings than UCONN vs Notre Dame. How long has it been since these two teams met? DUH!!!!!
Yea but not the same without coach Pat Summit

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I would MUCH rather see UCONN vs Tennessee. That game would draw much better ratings than UCONN vs Notre Dame. How long has it been since these two teams met? DUH!!!!!

I agree ETT
except for that to happen, UTenn would have to defeat ND.
Possible, but very unlikely (wouldn't you say)?

Reaction Score
Florida (8-8), UGA (7-9), LSU (7-9), and Vanderbilt (7-9) and the ACC bottom feeder Florida St (7-9) gettin in.
I didn't think Vandy deserved to get in based on their late season collapse -- 2-8 in their last 10.
But then I tried to find a team with a better resume. At quick glance I couldn't fine one, so I think they may actually make it.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I agree ETT
except for that to happen, UTenn would have to defeat ND.
Possible, but very unlikely (wouldn't you say)?

I think UT has a very dangerous team with a lot of talent. I think that matchup could go either way. UT certainly has the athletes to compete with ND.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
But anyone who thinks Louisville is a #3 seed is clearly a very bitter Baylor fan. They are rated the top #2 seed by the 4 services overall.

Where do Sagarin and Massey rate put Louisville?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Sagarin has Louisville ninth.

And for those who might wonder if Sagarin has a clue, if you think that a Connecticut location is a home location for a Connecticut, he predicts UConn would beat Louisville by 19. They won by 20. Pretty darn close.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I think the brackets should be arranged so that the semi would be UCONN and UT (if UT makes the semi) and then UCONN and ND in the final. What great bball! The ratings would be very high for both of these games.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
And Massey has Louisville #4, with their much deplored SOS at #12. The Sagarin SOS is generally more similar to RPI and has the Cards at #68. Massey nailed the UConn-Louisville margin at 20 points exactly in the predictions for Monday.

So Sagarin says Cards at #9, Massey says Cards at #4. Maybe somewhere in the middle. But definitely a high #2 seed.

And Sagarin has the UConn SOS at #52, so it's a useless SOS system. The overall composite ratings for Sagarin are pretty good.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Eric, I'm not sure if it's even possible to move Nebraska to the South Bend bracket, as Nebraska is hosting the Lincoln bracket. When the schools signed these contracts to host the regionals, were they guaranteed to be placed that region (assuming they made the tournament)? And even if they weren't guaranteed, it still makes sense to have Nebraska placed in their own bracket.
I believe they have been gtd to stay at home

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Yes, Notre Dame and UConn. Tennessee is anything but the crème of the crop. They've proven without a doubt that they are a good but not great team while UConn and ND are the only two major unbeaten teams to ever enter the NCAA tournament unbeaten in the same season. Duh!!!!!!!!!

While a nd uconn championship would be a very compelling matchup, a Tennessee uconn matchup would by far receive the most media coverage and fan interest. There would even be people who normally don't watch wcbb tune in to this game. And just because Tennessee isn't on uconn's level at the moment won't affect that. Tennessee might not be able to beat uconn this year, but they have the talent to be competitive with them.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
This may sound like a silly question, but does the committee look at the massey and sagarin ratings to help determine seeds and regiinal placements?

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
While a nd uconn championship would be a very compelling matchup, a Tennessee uconn matchup would by far receive the most media coverage and fan interest. There would even be people who normally don't watch wcbb tune in to this game. And just because Tennessee isn't on uconn's level at the moment won't affect that. Tennessee might not be able to beat uconn this year, but they have the talent to be competitive with them.
But why not both! Semis for one; final for the other?

Reaction Score
i don't think TN is the weakest 1 seed. that's why we are on ND's side. i think Creme believes Stanford is the weakest of the 1 seeds. the lady vols have played much better down the stretch than Stanford. Stanford had two bad losses at the end of the season and TN won the SEC tourney in a brutal 3 days of play. Creme thinks that makes TN the third #1 seed and Stanford the fourth #1 seed.

can the lady vols beat ND? absolutely. it would be very tough, but TN is peaking at the right time of the season. ND has several great athletes but overall TN is a more athletic squad. anything is possible in March. (please see Baylor's debacle last year)

Reaction Score
i don't think TN is the weakest 1 seed. that's why we are on ND's side. i think Creme believes Stanford is the weakest of the 1 seeds.
Creme"s bracket does NOT include final 4 matchups.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
This may sound like a silly question, but does the committee look at the massey and sagarin ratings to help determine seeds and regiinal placements?

I am sure the committee members are aware of the ratings.What I do not know, and would like to know, is whether a committee member can bring up such a rating as part of a conversation, or whether they have to pretend the numbers don't exist, and make a separate case for a team highly ranked by one of those measures.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The committee has many tools available to use, including the Sagarin, Massey, and a few other ratings. To be PC, the committee selection guidelines cannot officially mention any other ratings since only the brain-dead RPI uses just win-loss percentage and its useless SOS. Other services do consider margin of victory, so the committee keeps it vague about how heavily the ratings are used. Past reports from Sagarin and other ratings providers indicate that they have been told the ratings are used pretty strongly. But if the committee chairman is talking evasively and with seeming double-talk after the selections sometimes, it's partly because they don't want to refer to certain tools being used.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I am sure the committee members are aware of the ratings.What I do not know, and would like to know, is whether a committee member can bring up such a rating as part of a conversation, or whether they have to pretend the numbers don't exist, and make a separate case for a team highly ranked by one of those measures.

wink-wink, nudge-nudge, say no more!;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I'd much rather watch a UCONN-ND championship game than a UCONN-TN matchup in the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom