Creme Bracketology 2/23 | The Boneyard

Creme Bracketology 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

He finally has put Oregon St in Spokane, which is long overdue.
Not sure about UNC as a #4, but then not sure who I'd put in their place?
I thought USF was a bit high at a #6, but realized it was a procedural bump from a #7.

Reaction Score
I also think they'll try to get Syracuse in the Albany bracket. Probably Seton Hall too.
Of his current top 8 seeds in that region, I think only 1 is from within 1,000 miles. Granted it's a pretty big 1, but still.

Reaction Score
I also think they'll try to get Syracuse in the Albany bracket. Probably Seton Hall too.
Of his current top 8 seeds in that region, I think only 1 is from within 1,000 miles. Granted it's a pretty big 1, but still.

Why Seton Hall at an 11 seed? Wouldn't it be more likely they would move Rutgers at a 5?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
USF is rated #15 in Massey and #19 in Sagarin, so not sure why a #6 seed would be too high, and in fact seems too low by that scale. And yes, the committee does look at other ratings systems besides the RPI one that some pundits love.

Much better clean-up job for Charlie overall as Georgia on the 7-game slide actually does drop out. Tulane is definitely on the edge and likely needs a win on the road against Tulas in the regular finale and a win or two in the AACT to hold on. And as noted on the show last night, he has Princeton as the #6 seed opposite to Louisville, which would mean that the Tigers get to host since the Cards can't. Fun to see what happens there.

Wonder whether the USCar-UTenn result which is not included in the brackets would have any effect on the seedings. Looked a wash for UTenn to me, and that if Baylor was not the #1 seed before they wouldn't now be moved ahead, but who knows?

Reaction Score
we just need to play the tricks other conference does--beat each other up, say Tulane beats USF in the Conference championship when USF is a shoo in for NCAA, then Tulane gets a quality win and a nod to NCAA.

Reaction Score
Princeton would have to beat
LSU
Louisville (at least I'd get to see Jude play in person)
then go on to meet Minnesota & Zahui B.

Tough road!

But then it looks like a UCONN rematch with Stanford!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Makes sense to have Syracuse in the Albany bracket...... a much easier drive for their 13 fans to make ;)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
LSU

Tough road!

I'm not sure that the LSU Tigers would be such a tough opponent for the Princeton ones, who I think would have a good chance of clawing them up good. Princeton and Louisville would be a treat and a good fun game.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure that the LSU Tigers would be such a tough opponent for the Princeton ones, who I think would have a good chance of clawing them up good. Princeton and Louisville would be a treat and a good fun game.
Princeton & Louisville match up pretty good on paper but playing at Princeton gives them a big edge. There's going to be a lot of Princeton supporters there and the venue seems like a hard place to play (cavernous gym).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
LSU

Tough road!

I bet the Husky players want a rematch. The Cardinal will get blasted, in my opinion.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
As I posted elsewhere, it would be a shame if UConn had to play ND in the semi-finals. A SC-ND semi final would be an awesome game. Evenly matched, although I think ND could beat SC.

Reaction Score
As I posted elsewhere, it would be a shame if UConn had to play ND in the semi-finals. A SC-ND semi final would be an awesome game. Evenly matched, although I think ND could beat SC.
Cremes bracket does not show semifinal match ups. He was quite clear last year that the bracket in the background is just for display purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom