COX would mean several NCs...... | The Boneyard

COX would mean several NCs......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Although I am admittedly beset by frequent episodes of incurable Husky-hyperbole, I believe the following to be true:
A team of Lauren Cox, Crystal, Katie Lou, Napheesa, et.al. is capable of producing the very same level of success as Stewie, Moriah, Kaleena, Morgan, et.al. I think Cox is that good, not Stewie- good but... Crystal has many of the same qualities and skill sets as a young Moriah, so depending on how hard she works... Nobody has an outside shot like Kaleena's, but Lou's is extraordinary, and if she gets stronger and works to improve in other areas... Napheesa has an outstanding all-around game, and though she will never be as strong as Morgan, she has many of the same skills and perhaps equal or even greater potential if...

- Lots of IFS, granted, but that is a lineup perhaps almost as exciting as this year's. OK, time for my hyperbole medication.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Take your medication in small doses: Start by swallowing this and revising the title of the post to this: COX could mean several NCs. Meditate, breath and contemplate this: Stewie, Moriah, & Morgan have not graduated yet and could graduate with 4 and 5 rings respectively. Comparable success would be 4 & 5 rings for Cox and crew but more suspiciously= 8 consecutive championships for UCONN. I wouldn't mind seeing it, I even don't mind dreaming about it, I just try not to post it here or express the though out loud for fear of.....

Reaction Score
Take your medication in small doses: Start by swallowing this and revising the title of the post to this: COX could mean several NCs. Meditate, breath and contemplate this: Stewie, Moriah, & Morgan have not graduated yet and could graduate with 4 and 5 rings respectively. Comparable success would be 4 & 5 rings for Cox and crew but more suspiciously= 8 consecutive championships for UCONN. I wouldn't mind seeing it, I even don't mind dreaming about it, I just try not to post it here or express the though out loud for fear of.....

Thanks for your concerns, Coco, but the chlordiazepoxides and alprazolams alleviate any fears of scornful BY recriminations.

Reaction Score

I hope I live long enough to see This!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm not optimistic about getting Cox. Not if her father was saying that ND needed to feed Turner.

OTOH, Megan Walker may mean multiple NCs. :)

Reaction Score
Cox has said she does not like cold weather. I don't think she is leaving the state of Texas.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm not optimistic about getting Cox. Not if her father was saying that ND needed to feed Turner.

OTOH, Megan Walker may mean multiple NCs. :)
I must have missed that: Cox's father was saying ND needed to feed Turner?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I believe he tweeted that.
That darn tweeter will get you every time. I'm trying to find the right non-judgmental words but that strikes me as "Stage Dadish" just a little too involved. Of course I could read it as Anti-Muffet which would not be bad for UCONN.

Reaction Score
Cox has said she does not like cold weather. I don't think she is leaving the state of Texas.

I don't imagine Kaleena (Cal) or Moriah(Tex) liked the cold much either, having lived in temperate climes their entire lives, nor had they ever experienced anything quite like a winter in Storrs. But ask them, and I'd wager they have absolutely no regrets and would unequivocally recommend buying some good, arctic weather clothing and GO FOR IT!! In spite of all the appeal of staying local, Katie Lou has chosen UConn, to play for the best coaches and the best program. Her risk will be rewarded.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Moriah has said repeatedly how much she hates cold weather yet here she is. KLS made a comment about being in warmer weather too and she's not letting it deter her. If cold weather were a deal breaker I don't see why Cox would continue to have UConn on her list as it gets whittled down.

Whoops, didn't read Huskies Rule's post which made the same point.

HGN

Reaction Score
I would love to see Cox in a UConn uniform. And I do think it would lead to a couple more FF runs. But I don't get the impression she is coming north. Is the State of Connecticut cold in winter, absolutely. But conversely , it is a hotbed for WCBB NC's . My hope is that coming to a Hotbed for FF's and WCBB NC's will overcome any apprehension to a couple months of cold weather.

Only time will yield an answer.

Reaction Score
The good news is all the game are played inside?.......I do not know enough about Cox to say whether she wants to play with the best and become a better player........

Reaction Score
How about if Tori McCoy comes to UConn which means plenty more NCs plus she's from Illinois and I bet she loves the cold.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
How about if Tori McCoy comes to UConn which means plenty more NCs plus she's from Illinois and I bet she loves the cold.
Let's see. How did our last recruit from Illinois work out? Hmmm. 3 years and 3 national championships. And a chance at 5. I'd say that was pretty good. :)

HGN

Reaction Score
Let's see. How did our last recruit from Illinois work out? Hmmm. 3 years and 3 national championships. And a chance at 5. I'd say that was pretty good. :)
Yeah , I'd say that worked out pretty well.

Reaction Score
.... people like me.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Dont be so sure about that.

Im from the South... and I hate heat.

Reaction Score
CocoHusky said to Huskies Rule:
Take your medication in small doses: Start by swallowing this and revising the title of the post to this: COX could mean several NCs. Meditate, breath and contemplate this: Stewie, Moriah, & Morgan have not graduated yet and could graduate with 4 and 5 rings respectively. Comparable success would be 4 & 5 rings for Cox and crew but more suspiciously= 8 consecutive championships for UCONN. I wouldn't mind seeing it, I even don't mind dreaming about it, I just try not to post it here or express the though out loud for fear of....."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlueDevils responded: "people like me."

Bring it. Ooh Rah!

-
I totally get you, CocoHusky. I was responding to the blue dog dookie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog