Cox and/Or McCoy? | The Boneyard

Cox and/Or McCoy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do you think that Geno would take both? Or will it be one or the other? Or if one verbals will the other look elsewhere?

Thoughts?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think Geno would take both if he can get them just to piss of the rest of WCBB world and hear them scream about UCONN always getting the best players. I don't see how you can accommodate both being on the roster with an over lap of maybe Tuck for 1 year, Butler for 2, Irwin for 4. Boykin for 3. IMO 1 would be adequate, 2 would be overkill, getting neither is a possibility but not fatal to UCONN.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think Geno would take both - they are that good. But you never know with kids - Baylor for example this year signed two major center recruits one right after the other. Other players often look elsewhere as soon as one of their 'top 5' sign a similarly talented player at their position.

Reaction Score
I disagree. If he gets one he won't reject the other, but he has ways to deemphasize the other especially if the first is Cox. I doubt we will have that problem though.

Reaction Score
McCoy tore ACL this past December. Not sure if Coach wants another kid-knee ;) That said, Lauren Cox is the cream of that crop, for sure. I would be overjoyed if we got either, but I'm pessimistically thinking we'll get neither. We will just have to scrape by somehow.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
McCoy tore ACL this past December. Not sure if Coach wants another kid-knee ;).
Doty, Tuck, Williams all recent players with ACL injuries in High school who managed to contribute well at UCONN post injury. UCONN might not be a bad place for McCoy to come given all the recent ACL post surgery experience. Wasn't it the UCONN doctor that did Gabby 2nd surgery to get her right? I hope her father reads the BY. I am just saying.....

HGN

Reaction Score
I think Geno would happily take either or both. Stewie will be gone and Tuck will have only one year left if she stays. They are versatile enough to play the 4 or the 5. Having 2-3 quality bigs is going to be a must if you are going to play the big front lines of USC , TEXAS , and BAYLOR in the FF .

Reaction Score
Hell I would go for both AND the 6'9" player. But I am just slightly greedy

By all accounts, Felicia Aiyeotan would be a project of titanic ;) proportions, even for Coach. Hard to imagine a kid so new to the game, raw and inexperienced could survive one, let alone four years with Geno (or that at this stage in life, Coach would even have the pazienza to try).

Reaction Score
Do we know if any recruits are coming for campus visits this coming weekend? I am hoping McCoy and Cox will be coming for officials soon!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I know he's still pursuing them but I will be VERY surprised if we land either, and I think the odds of landing both are less than 1%.

Reaction Score
I would be ecstatic if we got both but keeping my fingers crossed for at least 1!!!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Might be wrong, but poster might be thinking of Nancy Mulkey whose 6'9" and ranked as the 2nd best center in 2016.

I've heard in the last few days that Lauren Cox is open to leaving the State of Texas, but most think it is unlikely that she will do so.

By all accounts, Felicia Aiyeotan would be a project of titanic ;) proportions, even for Coach. Hard to imagine a kid so new to the game, raw and inexperienced could survive one, let alone four years with Geno (or that at this stage in life, Coach would even have the pazienza to try).

Reaction Score
Might be wrong, but poster might be thinking of Nancy Mulkey whose 6'9" and ranked as the 2nd best center in 2016.

I've heard in the last few days that Lauren Cox is open to leaving the State of Texas, but most think it is unlikely that she will do so.

Nahhhh. Nancy Mulkey committed to Sherry Coales at Oklahoma, dude.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Forgot and didn't look her up. That's what I get for not checking if she had given a verbal. :)

Good Pickup for Sherry, but not the player Brittany was coming out of HS. However with that said based on the play in the McDonald's All American game, I like her more then Kalani Brown and Beatrice Monpremeir and she still has another year of a High School.

Nahhhh. Nancy Mulkey committed to Sherry Coales at Oklahoma, dude.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
But think of all the bad habits he wouldn't have to change!!! And I think even earlier on, he has been pretty good at identifying what a player is capable of at what stage of their career.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think Geno would take both if he can get them just to piss of the rest of WCBB world and hear them scream about UCONN always getting the best players. I don't see how you can accommodate both being on the roster with an over lap of maybe Tuck for 1 year, Butler for 2, Irwin for 4. Boykin for 3. IMO 1 would be adequate, 2 would be overkill, getting neither is a possibility but not fatal to UCONN.

I don't see how he passes up either of them. Whether or not Tuck stays her RS-senior year is unknown, so her staying isn't a given. Potentially the same with Butler. And, based on high school rankings, I'm guessing that Cox and McCoy would beat out Irwin and Boykin for playing time. Even if there is a bit of a log jam at 3-5 between Butler, Williams, KLS, Collier, McCoy and Cox, I don't see Geno passing up on 2 players of this caliber. That said, I don't see both or possibly either of these players picking UCONN, but if they both want to come, I think Geno gives both scholarships.

Reaction Score
I would prefer "anger" the WcBB world--but the idea is there. However, my first thoughts were that get all the bigs you can but looking at ND and SC their bigs were not that successful. I guess this is one conundrum I'll leave for Geno to muse.

Reaction Score

With 16-year-olds you have to recheck their thinking at least once a week. My guess is that UConn has a real chance with Cox. The prospect of going to the Final Four every year will grow on her as decision time approaches.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Mallory McGwire 2016 post from Nevada has signed with Oregon. This is the second 2016 post formerly linked to UCONN that has gone elsewhere. Matt Williams Gabby’s father was the one that make the connection to UCONN in this article.
http://blogs.rgj.com/chrismurray/2014/01/15/legendary-uconn-coach-geno-auriemma-in-town-to-watch-his-future-star-gabby-williams/
“I told Geno about her and he’s going to follow her a little bit," Matt Williams said of McGwire.
Kyle Shook of Colorado signed with Louisville a few weeks ago and was associated with UCONN in this article:
http://gazette.com/klee-college-rec...ail-for-mesa-ridge-sophomore/article/1516409#!
“ Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma showed up to watch Kylee's club team at a showcase last fall. "He had an entourage," her dad said.”
This is a long way of asking this question. Do you think for UCONN in 2016 is either Cox and/or McCoy or no additional post at all besides Kayla?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom