Courtside Vignette | The Boneyard

Courtside Vignette

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
For some reason, my seat at Mohegan Sun Arena is in Row A at one end. I have never been so close to the action at a WCBB game previously. That has allowed me to observe a lot of small things that I have not seen previously.

Here is one from late in the first half of the Tulane game. Kia Nurse was defending the Tulane inbounder on play near Tulane''s offensive basket. When the Tulane player did not immediately inbound the ball, Kia started counting "One", "Two", etc. at credible one-second intervals (but honestly a little fast).

When Kia''s "stopwatch" hit about 4.7, the inbounder made a hasty pass that resulted in a turnover.

I wonder if that is coached behavior. Just a little gamesmanship that casual fans usually don't see.

Reaction Score
For some reason, my seat at Mohegan Sun Arena is in Row A at one end. I have never been so close to the action at a WCBB game previously. That has allowed me to observe a lot of small things that I have not seen previously.

Here is one from late in the first half of the Tulane game. Kia Nurse was defending the Tulane inbounder on play near Tulane''s offensive basket. When the Tulane player did not immediately inbound the ball, Kia started counting "One", "Two", etc. at credible one-second intervals (but honestly a little fast).

When Kia''s "stopwatch" hit about 4.7, the inbounder made a hasty pass that resulted in a turnover.

I wonder if that is coached behavior. Just a little gamesmanship that casual fans usually don't see.
Sounds like a great seat! I love sitting down low - football, baseball, hoops, theater, whatever. Could care less if it's in the end zone - find some Stubhub bargains that way too. Steve Nash stepped on my foot one time (that's when you know you have good seats)

Reaction Score

Stewie used to do that too, and then a ref told her to stop because it was her job (the ref's) to count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom