Courtney Paris | The Boneyard

Courtney Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I was looking at her stats and they are pretty darn good: 11.5 PPG and 13.0 RPG. I am wondering what is responsible for this resurgence of sorts. At 250 lbs I wouldn't say that it is better conditioning, but she was always very effective using her weight in college.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I was looking at her stats and they are pretty darn good: 11.5 PPG and 13.0 RPG. I am wondering what is responsible for this resurgence of sorts. At 250 lbs I wouldn't say that it is better conditioning, but she was always very effective using her weight in college.
That's a great question - why the resurgence? But good for her for making it in the league. If I had to guess, I would say more experience, and even though her weight is "higher", she might be more physically fit with additional muscle and less fat. That would give her more strength and endurance.

She was obviously really skilled in college at putting the ball in the basket - and was a beast in the paint. I do wonder why a player like her can see a resurgence, of sorts, but an even taller player such as Cain (6'6"?) is hanging on by the tips of her fingers to stay in the league...

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Cambage not coming over this year will be very good for her....and I'm so happy that she's getting a shot to show what she can do. I've always liked her... Keep grabbin' those rebounds Courtney! :p

Reaction Score
It seems to me that a few of these taller girls would be better players if they'd lose the fat they have (don't know a better way to say it). The girl who plays on San Antonio is an awesome shooter but is way overweight. I wonder how much better she'd be if she slimmed down.

BTW- I haven't seen Paris play this year.

Reactions: HGN

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Before we give her the MIP award, she has played in two games. And in one game, she went against a depleted MN frontcourt (no Brunson, no Peters, etc.).

It is a nice start, but lets see how she holds up after say, ten games.

HGN

Reaction Score
It seems to me that a few of these taller girls would be better players if they'd lose the fat they have (don't know a better way to say it). The girl who plays on San Antonio is an awesome shooter but is way overweight. I wonder how much better she'd be if she slimmed down.

BTW- I haven't seen Paris play this year.
You're referring to Danielle Adams......And I agree with you.

Reaction Score
She needs to take advice from Maya, Kara Lawson and Skylar about that stuff. Eliminate the sugar, soft drinks and fatty foods from her diet.

U

UCONNfan1

She needs to take advice from Maya, Kara Lawson and Skylar about that stuff. Eliminate the sugar, soft drinks and fatty foods from her diet.
I think Stef could also tell them something about healthy eating and fitness habits! Also, I believe I read on here that Elena Delle Donne added muscle in the off season - presumably by healthy eating habits and a solid workout regime...

Reaction Score
That's a great question - why the resurgence? But good for her for making it in the league. If I had to guess, I would say more experience, and even though her weight is "higher", she might be more physically fit with additional muscle and less fat. That would give her more strength and endurance.

She was obviously really skilled in college at putting the ball in the basket - and was a beast in the paint. I do wonder why a player like her can see a resurgence, of sorts, but an even taller player such as Cain (6'6"?) is hanging on by the tips of her fingers to stay in the league...
Your comments about more muscle suggests what I'm thinking. I always hear that muscle mass weighs more than fat mass so maybe what she's done is improve her conditioning and added muscle that gives the illusion of unnecessary weight gain and is actually a very positive sign of hard work and conditioning.

Reaction Score
I'm going to watch Tulsa tonight. I hope Paris can fill the center position while Cambage is gone this year.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I'm not sure that Cambage will ever return to Tulsa.

She said in a interview a couple weeks ago that she will definitely be back next year, we'll see.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Do you have a link to that interview?

Nevermind, I found it.

I found an interview where she says they pay her $53,000.00 a season. Not much but I guess it's OK for paying basketball for 3 or 4 months. I can see where it wasn't so vital that she plays this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm watching Tulsa right now. Paris looks stocky but not as bad as Adams.

Diggins scored 4 points the first minute and Sims missed an easy layup about the same time.

McBride looks good and has 9 points already.

Reaction Score
McBride kicked butt tonight! She hit the winning trey on Skylar and finished with 30 points.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I watch part of this game last night and I agree that Courtney looks like she has leaned out some. She is and always will be a very large woman but she will help herself ALOT if that trend continues.

Those top 3 picks were nearly equal in my mind, depending on what a team needed. McBride is a total stud and will have a stellar pro career.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
You're referring to Danielle Adams.And I agree with you.

I actually have to believe that maybe this is as good Adams can get. In this league, you have to be at optimal peak, or close to it because there are dozens of women waiting to take your spot. I think that Adams may just always be a heavy-set woman. We don't know her habits or what she does. We shouldn't be judging her. All I know is that she is an amazing basketball player, especially for someone of her size.

Reaction Score
A bit more than just a heavy set women. It also can't be good for her in the long run health-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom