Court Storming | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Court Storming

Reaction Score
Kids today celebrate anything, it was a good win, but act like ya been there, it's all good

Reaction Score
I’m glad the “let the kids storm after a brutal basketball and pandemic stretch” side is thoroughly outweighing the “we’re uconn we never stormed when I went” side in this thread. I was worried when I clicked it. These students deserve it, let them enjoy it.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Hell of a effort by our team, but damn why the court storming? We got 4 of them thangs lol, shout out the crowd too
I said the same thing to my Brother as we watched his boys do their 1st Storming. They'll learn what the rules are eventually but they will also tell their own kids about tonight someday and there isn't anything cooler than that.

Reaction Score
Isn't that par for the course in college sports? You beat a top 10 ranked rival, you storm the court.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Over 2+ decades as a MBB fan, I have always staunchly been on team "uconn shouldn't storm the court", even during my time attending games as a student myself.

But this is the exception to the rule.

Add it all up... when you have students who dealt with COVID for 2 years, no fans at games, and a fanbase starved for program relevancy... add in the atmosphere and emotion of a back and forth classic game vs an old foe... combined with the late comeback and statement W reaffirming that UConn is BACK AS A FORCE IN THE BE and on the national stage...
Let the kids storm.
This is an acceptable answer.

And don't do it again.

Reaction Score
Hell of a effort by our team, but damn why the court storming? We got 4 of them thangs lol, shout out the crowd too
Let the kids have their day. Two of their college years were basically ruined by COVID. This game was a huge message to the world that UConn basketball is back. The crowd had at least a little to do with that. The fact that we can be a crowd again is a victory unto itself. Let them revel in all this.

Reaction Score
Literal just said what are they doing and right under our banners. Hate Ollie if you want but he understood we are not a court storming school. People storm against us!!! Kids don’t know. But, if This pulls them in so be it. Nova has been a thorn and the refs (ref) had it in for us tonight. Good for him we aren’t in Columbia or something! Kimani NEVER unbuttoned the top one!!!!
Go home. You’re drunk.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I said a court storming was appropriate three days ago in a thread about the game which has since been deleted.

It was absolutely appropriate to storm the court.

Those who don't think so and reference some internet blog about rules for when you can and can't storm the court are same people carrying around a paper copy of Robert's Rules of Order in their back pocket to help settle discussions in the lunch room or break room.

When a king is on a journey to reclaim his thrown and there is a victory, a celebration is the norm.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Not a great look but not a big deal
Why is it not a great look?

The old saying is, "act like you've been there," but what if the current crop of students have never been there?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
First top ten home win in over 7 years. Seems about right. It wasn't a full hide your kids, hide your wife court storming. More of a slow build. I'll approve it.

Reaction Score
If the kids want to storm the court, then let them do it. I mean, it’s one if they rush the court to celebrate a blowout of Fairleigh Dickinson, but this was not that. Hell, even if this were a come-from-behind win vs Creighton. This was about back to being a force to be reckoned with in the Big East.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
We are a blue blood program we acting like a we still in the AAC!! Embarrassing
Never saw anyone earn that many justified dislikes in 2 posts before. Nicely done.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Normally I’m an “act like you’ve been there” type…but this was a really nice, tough win vs a really good team so the court storming just seemed right.

Now if they storm the court vs Depaul, that’s another story…

Reaction Score
The students had a role in this win, let them have fun with the players. Our team earned it last night as did the fans. They haven’t had a real college experience together and beat a great Nova team in the clutch.

Reaction Score
Given the circumstances (Hurley ejected, down 4 with 30 seconds to go, etc) - was completely appropriate.

Had we won by 10 - wouldn't have happened.

Reaction Score
This is such an echo chamber debate. Like, nobody else around the country gives a or thinks less of us because the students stormed the court last night lol.

Reaction Score
I’m glad the “let the kids storm after a brutal basketball and pandemic stretch” side is thoroughly outweighing the “we’re uconn we never stormed when I went” side in this thread. I was worried when I clicked it. These students deserve it, let them enjoy it.
Hell, when I was there we burned the damned furniture after a big win!

Husky25

Reaction Score
The students haven't been there though.

These are the same kids who had to be attendance-shamed not more than two weeks ago just to show up. They provided an true homecourt advantage 25 miles from campus. Storming the court was the reward for conquering such a steep learning curve.

Good for them.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Hell, when I was there we burned the damned furniture after a big win!
We did too, but in fairness that was just before midnight, March 29, 1999.

Reaction Score
It's probably the biggest win in years (post-2014 NC, post-old BE destruction and left in sports purgatory, 2 years of COVID, still fighting to get a taste of the level we had during the Calhoun years, etc.)

"Act like you've been there before?" We older fans have many times. But these students? Nope. So have at it, kids, and celebrate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom