Counting the days | The Boneyard

Counting the days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've been a huge sports fan my whole life, always following the three major sports very closely but this year is different. I've barely watched/followed any of the MLB season and I find myself watching less college and NFL and just caring a whole lot less. I'm sure it has something to do with none of my teams being good but there is definitely more to it than that. If UConn was good in football I would be more into it but other then that I just seem to care a whole lot less about the other sports. My apathy for the other sports has a whole lot to do with my UConn basketball obsession. I realize no other fan experience comes close to how I feel about UConn hoops. I've seen the Yankees win a bunch of titles, same with the Giants and the excitement and euphoria I feel pales in comparison to when UConn wins. Not a fan of the snow and cold but winter is definitely my favorite season and it's 100% owed to the magic that is UConn bball. Well it's Sunday and the TV won't even be turned on for NFL games, just counting the days until our boys step on the court on a quest for #5.

Reaction Score
I've been a huge sports fan my whole life, always following the three major sports very closely but this year is different. I've barely watched/followed any of the MLB season and I find myself watching less college and NFL and just caring a whole lot less. I'm sure it has something to do with none of my teams being good but there is definitely more to it than that. If UConn was good in football I would be more into it but other then that I just seem to care a whole lot less about the other sports. My apathy for the other sports has a whole lot to do with my UConn basketball obsession. I realize no other fan experience comes close to how I feel about UConn hoops. I've seen the Yankees win a bunch of titles, same with the Giants and the excitement and euphoria I feel pales in comparison to when UConn wins. Not a fan of the snow and cold but winter is definitely my favorite season and it's 100% owed to the magic that is UConn bball. Well it's Sunday and the TV won't even be turned on for NFL games, just counting the days until our boys step on the court on a quest for #5.

Hello my name is Carlos and it's been 5 months since our last championship!

Being new to the Yard I don't comment much to spare me the wrath of those that sleep with two monitors over their bed waiting for the next big news to break and let loose on the commit that didn't go our way. I feel your pain about looking forward to Uconn bball, I've been holding my baby girl on the rocking chair putting her to sleep and I can't help to return to the Yard to find some consolation to my Sundays. Thanks for venting with the Yard and allowing me to vent as well. Go Uconn and let's go for #5!!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hello my name is Carlos and it's been 5 months since our last championship!

Being new to the Yard I don't comment much to spare me the wrath of those that sleep with two monitors over their bed waiting for the next big news to break and let loose on the commit that didn't go our way. I feel your pain about looking forward to Uconn bball, I've been holding my baby girl on the rocking chair putting her to sleep and I can't help to return to the Yard to find some consolation to my Sundays. Thanks for venting with the Yard and allowing me to vent as well. Go Uconn and let's go for #5!!

El Pres, I had no idea you were a UCONN fan.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Hypothetical: would this be the case if UCONN sucked?

Reaction Score
Hypothetical: would this be the case if UCONN sucked?
No I wouldn't have the same excitement but I would still watch every game, luckily it's a problem we very rarely have.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

I have never been much of a baseball fan. Left handed and grew up poor. No left handed hand me down gloves in the chain, so I had to play with a glove on my left hand, and take it off to throw. So I didn't play, and didn't develop the interest. I'll watch pieces of the world series every now and then, but that's about it. Was a football fan (NFL only -- couldn't care less about college ball) from HS through my early forties. I haven't watched 10 minutes of football in the last five years.

Been a basketball fan as long as I can remember. HS, College, NBA, International, it didn't matter, and a UConn obsessed basketball fan since the days of Toby, although the fire dimmed a bit during the Earl Kelly years. The last 25 years have been a great, great ride. And with the smooth transition from greatness to greatness, I'm ready for a long continuation of that obsession.

Reaction Score
I have never been much of a baseball fan. Left handed and grew up poor. No left handed hand me down gloves in the chain, so I had to play with a glove on my left hand, and take it off to throw. So I didn't play, and didn't develop the interest. I'll watch pieces of the world series every now and then, but that's about it. Was a football fan (NFL only -- couldn't care less about college ball) from HS through my early forties. I haven't watched 10 minutes of football in the last five years.

Been a basketball fan as long as I can remember. HS, College, NBA, International, it didn't matter, and a UConn obsessed basketball fan since the days of Toby, although the fire dimmed a bit during the Earl Kelly years. The last 25 years have been a great, great ride. And with the smooth transition from greatness to greatness, I'm ready for a long continuation of that obsession.
Obsessed with Husky hoops? Man I hear ya brother! If it wasn't for work I'd be at the run!

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score

Preach on my Brother!!!!! I'm right there with you.

Reaction Score
Having kids has pretty much put a damper on all things enjoyment in my life. Thank God for DVR!

Reaction Score
the new site started by tcf_15 & tateisgreat is a pretty good time waster until the season starts. tcf's youtube channel was already pretty great but this is taking it to another level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom