Cooper-Dyke moving to Texas Southern | The Boneyard

Cooper-Dyke moving to Texas Southern

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
There had been some talk on the west coast that Cooper-Dyke was going to become an asst coach at USC, though that didn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Speaking of USC, all of Michael Cooper's asst coaches are gone, including his son. Two assts have moved on to take positions at the Univ of Hawaii. A wcbb blog quoted a USC source as saying: "There's no reason that a team with (up to) nine All-Americans should fail to make the playoffs year after year." Good point, though maybe the asst coaches were not the problem.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I had heard the story about her going back to USC. I was wondering if that might be as a head-coach-in-waiting job. She did a good job at UNCW, though her team tried to play Elena Delle Donne straight up in the CAA tournament, which was clearly a losing proposition. Cynthia was one of the all-time great players.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I had heard the story about her going back to USC. I was wondering if that might be as a head-coach-in-waiting job. She did a good job at UNCW, though her team tried to play Elena Delle Donne straight up in the CAA tournament, which was clearly a losing proposition. Cynthia was one of the all-time great players.
and she never gets mentioned... loved her game

Reaction Score
Michael Cooper has had tremendously talented teams during his tenure at USC but they always underachieve. He's been hindered by injuries to his team but so was his predecessor Mark Trakh. There's a lot that Michael Cooper does well but the ins and outs of daily administration and handling a college program year round might not be among them.

CCD was rumored last week to be taking an assistant position to Cooper at USC, something very hard to understand. Now the move to Texas Southern. Things are happening at USC and none of them good for Michael Cooper. Both Cooper's former top assistants appeared to do most of the on-court coaching. Recruiting is not an issue. If he were to hire some top notch assistants, maybe they could rejuvenate a stagnant program. If not, it sounds like a waiting game for both parties. Contract up in...5,4,3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom