Connecticut Prospects | The Boneyard

Connecticut Prospects

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Conn has not had much elite talent for years. If I remember correctly, there is no shot clock, or something like that. The style of play inhibits player development.

Reaction Score
Conn has not had much elite talent for years. If I remember correctly, there is no shot clock, or something like that. The style of play inhibits player development.
I don’t keep tabs on Connecticut high school players that were not on UConn’s radar, but I agree that it seems like years since there has been an elite prospect from the state. The last elite player from Connecticut that I remember was Sadie Edwards (8 or 9 years ago). Getting into the way back machine, I can’t recall where Heather Buck or Maria Conlin were ranked. Nykesha Sales was top prospect.

Reaction Score
Over the last few years what Connecticut high school players signed with a division 1 program?
B&C

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Yaya Felder from Conard High in West Hartford averaged 22.0 points per game for Ohio University last season, and transferred to Baylor.

I looked over the ESPN Hoopgurlz ratings (for whatever that is worth) for the upcoming classes and did not see anyone from Connecticut listed.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don’t keep tabs on Connecticut high school players that were not on UConn’s radar, but I agree that it seems like years since there has been an elite prospect from the state. The last elite player from Connecticut that I remember was Sadie Edwards (8 or 9 years ago). Getting into the way back machine, I can’t recall where Heather Buck or Maria Conlin were ranked. Nykesha Sales was top prospect.
Bria Holmes from New Haven played college ball at WVA and played in the WNBA for a few teams. She was a 1st round pick in 2016. She attended some UConn games but not sure Geno ever offered.

Reaction Score
Yaya Felder from Conard High in West Hartford averaged 22.0 points per game for Ohio University last season, and transferred to Baylor.

I looked over the ESPN Hoopgurlz ratings (for whatever that is worth) for the upcoming classes and did not see anyone from Connecticut listed.
Yaya just transferred to Baylor after leading the MAC in scoring.

sun

Reaction Score
West Hartford's Carys Baker was a freshman F at Virginia Tech last year.
She ranked 58 in 2023 ESPN HoopGurlz recruiting rankings & attended Loomis Chaffee.

Reaction Score
I was curious about a post that got 350 or so views but no comments. I don't live in CT so I have no idea about prospects but it's still a good question. Keep posting.
It got lots of views because the heading (title) gives the false impression that some known prospects will be identified & discussed. That clearly is not the case! To be clear, the title should have ended with a question mark!

Reaction Score
Krista Rappahan, Norwich Free Academy. I believe top 40? Played for Stanford. 2002-2006. Holds the record for 3 point shots in a season 91. Not sure if it still stands. Also I think Marcy Glenney from Bacon Academy played for UConn a short while.

sun

Reaction Score
West Hartford's Carys Baker was a freshman F at Virginia Tech last year.
She ranked 58 in 2023 ESPN HoopGurlz recruiting rankings & attended Loomis Chaffee.

My mistake, Carys Baker is a VT freshman this year & not last year.

Reaction Score
I know they’re in transition on to using the shot clock.

Reaction Score
Krista Rappahan, Norwich Free Academy. I believe top 40? Played for Stanford. 2002-2006. Holds the record for 3 point shots in a season 91. Not sure if it still stands. Also I think Marcy Glenney from Bacon Academy played for UConn a short while.
I’m going to check out some Norwich Free Academy games as my friend that has a daughter that plays there. They usually have a players!

Reaction Score

I know, of Serenity Lancaster 6-2 junior from New London, Ayanna Franks the guard from Windsor, and Jordyn Bay-Kent 6-3 F going to NFA is real good as well.

Reaction Score
I though Buck was ranked in the low 90’s

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
Heather Buck was ranked No. 31 as a senior by HoopGurlz. I remember her because I thought Stanford was also in the running for her?

And as a Cardinal fan… who could forget Rappahahn? Worked hard first three years before she really got her shot in the starting line-up. I rememeber she drained a three to go up a few on LSU in the Elite Eight… but it was called back because of an offensive foul on Candice Wiggins

Reaction Score
It got lots of views because the heading (title) gives the false impression that some known prospects will be identified & discussed. That clearly is not the case! To be clear, the title should have ended with a question mark!
The point is to find out who’s talented in Connecticut. Why is it a False Impression? it obviously made you post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom