Congrats UCONN | The Boneyard

Congrats UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Congrats to you guys. I gotta admit it was pretty frustrating how your guards were hitting every shot even with a guy in their face, and the big guys were hitting some nice jumpers in our big guys' faces. That was one of the best shooting displays I have seen all year. Good luck to you guys tomorrow, and thank you for the hospitality you have shown to us ISU fans over here.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Thank you so very much. Now pick your corn. :cool:

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
[ duquote="Dove, post: 905230, member: 571"]Thank you so very much. Now pick your corn. :cool:[/quote]
Hate to correct you but it's Spring, so it's planting season. :)

Reaction Score
I didnt see too many hands in UConn faces. Your defense and the rest of the Big 12 defenses I saw sucked. Besides the fact that we were way quicker than ISU. Maybe the Big 12 has such high flying offenses because none of you play any defense.

pj

Reaction Score
ISU had some pretty impressive players. Too bad you lost Niang, you might have gone a long way. But, most players are returning, ISU's future is bright.

Shooting is our strong point, that part wasn't a surprise. The defenses that bothered us are the physical ones that make you uncomfortable before the shot. We do well in clean basketball games, bad in rugby scrums.

Reaction Score
ISU had some pretty impressive players. Too bad you lost Niang, you might have gone a long way. But, most players are returning, ISU's future is bright.

Shooting is our strong point, that part wasn't a surprise. The defenses that bothered us are the physical ones that make you uncomfortable before the shot. We do well in clean basketball games, bad in rugby scrums.

I echo your sentiment on ISU and especially like your one sentence description of our team. I will add, however, that at this point in the season, and after a number of scrums with Louisville etc. this team is starting to become much better at those scrum game. Is it enough against MSU? IDK. On paper, we are doooooooomed.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

That's why we wanted no part of Virginia - the people who were screaming for UVa had no idea what they were talking about.

Michigan State is very good, but defensively, Virginia was a beast.

Best scoring defense in the country. Top 15 in rebounding margin and percentage defense - Michigan State allows ten more points per game than UVa does and they're not going to want to grapple hand to hand like UVa would.

Michigan State is as good as Virginia, but in terms of style, they're an "easier" deal for UConn than Virginia would have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom