Congrats to Lyle McCombs | The Boneyard

Congrats to Lyle McCombs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Rutgers and Ville both had on OL named to the team. No other Big East skill players made it.

Congrats to Lyle. Surprised his body was able to hold up given the amount of carries he had as a Freshman. Hopefully he can add some weight and do even better next year.

Reaction Score
Even with some added weight, I think he will need a complement back to give him more rest. But i digress....Here's to a great debut season, he came a long way from being in the dog house in the spring. I hope he never looks back and becomes a more vocal leader over the next few years. Much deserved honor.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Congrats. He took a lot of heat on this board. Great freshman season, hope he can continue to progress.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
"Santa Claus would take heat on this board!"
Freakin' Santa missed my house again. The miserable elf probably knows that I'm Jewish. And he can't hold on to a pass to save his fat heinie.

McCoombs, on the other hand was just fine, especially given our weak passing game. Congrats to him.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Congrats to Lyle. Here's to bigger and better things next season.

Reaction Score
Congrats to #43, he earned every yard and every accolade.
I think we're seeing the kid grow up right before our eyes.
Sometimes it takes a little adversity to bring out the good in a man.

Now, anybody no how to fatten the pup up?

Reaction Score
Great. Now get back in the weight room.
Palatine, maybe you appreciate him a little if you realized it was not a miracle season for the kid.
He played hurt the whole season, and never looked to the sideline for rest.

Reaction Score
Even with some added weight, I think he will need a complement back to give him more rest.

i'd love to see him get a complimentary back, but after playing the season he had there's no doubts in my mind that he can carry the load if need be.

Reaction Score
i'd love to see him get a complimentary back, but after playing the season he had there's no doubts in my mind that he can carry the load if need be.
+1 every superhero needs a sidekick!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Palatine, maybe you appreciate him a little if you realized it was not a miracle season for the kid.
He played hurt the whole season, and never looked to the sideline for rest.
Don't take offense, Palatine will only throw out praise if it backs up one of his predictions/theories.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Just don't put on too much weight. We've seen players put on weight after having exceptional freshman seasons only to get slower during their second year after putting on more than they might need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Just don't put on too much weight. We've seen players put on weight after having exceptional freshman seasons only to get slower during their second year after putting on more than they might need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. He doesn't have the frame to put on weight, nor do I see how the extra weight would make him more effective. People are a little too concerned about height and weight in regards to running backs. Just not a huge deal in the college ranks.

Congrats to Lyle on a well deserved honor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom