Congrats Steve Addazio | The Boneyard

Congrats Steve Addazio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You did your home state proud today even while the dinosaurs in charge on the other side embarrassed themselves.

Loved Steve's fire after the personal foul v Temple for the helmet-to-helmet hit. Looked like the right call but Addazio's passion in arguing would be extremely welcome on the sunny side of the Rent

Reaction Score
You did your home state proud today even while the dinosaurs in charge on the other side embarrassed themselves.

Loved Steve's fire after the personal foul v Temple for the helmet-to-helmet hit. Looked like the right call but Addazio's passion in arguing would be extremely welcome on the sunny side of the Rent

Would love him to come home and take over this program.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
No. Absolutely no. I don't care where he's from, or how passionate he is- the guy cannot coach. Ask Florida people. People who know big-boy football. He isn't very good.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He looks like Vince Lombardi compared to the cast of Cocoon we've got in Storrs.

If nothing else, Temple adjusted after our third drive and turned off the small trickle of offense we'd previously managed.

Reaction Score
No. Absolutely no. I don't care where he's from, or how passionate he is- the guy cannot coach. Ask Florida people. People who know big-boy football. He isn't very good.

Oh we are "big boy" football? Look I would love Saban or Kelly too but guess what, they ain't coming. We couldn't even keep an Edsall.

zls44

Reaction Score
Oh we are "big boy" football? Look I would love Saban or Kelly too but guess what, they ain't coming. We couldn't even keep an Edsall.

There's a large gap between where we are and Alabama. Aim for that area. Addazio is well below it.

Reaction Score
There's a large gap between where we are and Alabama. Aim for that area. Addazio is well below it.

Says you. Where exactly was I comparing us to Alabama? My point is that just s most of you guys overestimate the talent of ths team you also overestimate the attractiveness of this job. Who are you thinking woud make sense? Plese share...

Reaction Score

zls, trying to read between lines on that one. . .all I know is he outcoached the guy on the our sideline today in a big way, although to be fair not a high bar to cross

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
zls, trying to read between lines on that one. . .all I know is he outcoached the guy on the our sideline today in a big way, although to be fair not a high bar to cross
True but ~ 1984-1985 the same could have been said about Roy Chipman (Pitt's HC) after a game against us.

Just because someone would be an improvement over the mediocrity we are currently stuck with doesn't mean we shouldn't aim higher when the day comes to replace our mediocrity.

Reaction Score

Lol... Dude Adazzio was the OC for Florida when they went to the championships those couple of years and he helped develop Tim Tebow those years! Adazzio is a great coach.. He has Temple at 3-2 (2-0) in the Big East I would rather have him coach our team than PP and Deleone!

Again his team is dominated by freshmen's and softmore's that says a lot!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Dave Wannstedt used to receive a ton of credit for the defense at Miami (the U) and Dallas when in reality, he was merely assisting Jimmy Johnson who was fully in charge of the defense. Wanny was exposed in Chicago, Miami (Dolphins) and Pitt with a number of whispers in the background stating that without Jimmy really running the show he couldn't run a defense.

Florida's offense (Utah's before that as well) was Meyer's baby. Addazio had the title but he was merely Urban's caddy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dave Wannstedt used to receive a ton of credit for the defense at Miami (the U) and Dallas when in reality, he was merely assisting Jimmy Johnson who was fully in charge of the defense. Wanny was exposed in Chicago, Miami (Dolphins) and Pitt with a number of whispers in the background stating that without Jimmy really running the show he couldn't run a defense.

Florida's offense (Utah's before that as well) was Meyer's baby. Addazio had the title but he was merely Urban's caddy.

Florida fans flat out hated Addazio. He has Temple playing well. Bully for him. If UConn can't do better we are done.

Reaction Score
"He's got the best leadership qualities of any coach we have on the team. He can inspire, motivate, and drive people like not many people I've been around."
- Tim Tebow on Steve Addazio

Thank you huskysuppoter! Nuff said

Reaction Score

Adazzio and Myer's had the same offensive philosophy and that's why Adazzio was hired at Florida buddy! The offense you seen at Florida is the same you see at Temple now prove me wrong!

zls44

Reaction Score
Lol... Dude Adazzio was the OC for Florida when they went to the championships those couple of years and he helped develop Tim Tebow those years! Adazzio is a great coach.. He has Temple at 3-2 (2-0) in the Big East I would rather have him coach our team than PP and Deleone!

Again his team is dominated by freshmen's and softmore's that says a lot!

Once he lost Tebow- probably the best college player of the last 20 years- he was exposed as useless.

He's better than P&D...but that isn't saying much.

Reaction Score
Once he lost Tebow- probably the best college player of the last 20 years- he was exposed as useless.

He's better than P&D...but that isn't saying much.

For the 1 to 2 years Florida wasn't doing so great Adazzio has been at Temple and Myers was out as well.

Reaction Score
He clearly had some "shake your head" calls today as well. He just had a better kicker today.

Reaction Score
He clearly had some "shake your head" calls today as well. He just had a better kicker today.

They came out with the W and again that team is full of Freshmen's and Softmore's! Adazzio is doing great his team is 3-2 (2-0) Big East play! and everyone in the country thought they were going to finish last this year, but I believe we'll end up in the bottom 2 and no one expected that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom