Congrats Huskies | The Boneyard

Congrats Huskies

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
it was looking awful, after the 16-4 start.
i think we were all very concerned.

uconn really dominated play, after that.
you guys had a great season.
you just ran into a Uconn Hurricane.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Uconn's Defense has won every game in this tourney, except for maybe st. joes.
but our defense, in overtime against st. joes,
was great.
and in every game after that.
has been Superb.

pj

Reaction Score
Thanks rofl. Florida had a great season and got the most out of their talent. They had a lot of heart. Lots to be proud of. In the end they didn't have quite enough talent. UConn is a bit deceptive, highly skilled team, lots of great shooters, 88% free throw percentage in the tourney and 40% 3 point shooting is not a fluke. We turned up the defense and have the best defense in the country now. No shame to lose to us.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Florida is a good team who had a great season. UCONN could have played the Michael Jordan Bulls tonight and won. It was just one of those nights that it didn't matter who we played or what was being called.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Lets not forget they played in the SEC… that could be part of the reason they had such a great year. Just saying!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I find it kind of amazing that some of the teams who had ridiculously good seasons, including Florida who was enjoying a 30 game winning streak (which would have been larger had they not lost to UCONN in December), suddenly lose because they "played a bad game". I want to give those fans a pass because their team obviously lost a game they all expected to win, but I find it hard to be that magnanimous.

Not to be a to the fans of the team who just lost, but your team did not have a bad game all by themselves. You had 3 assists and 11 turnovers and lost by 10 because Ollie had a brilliant game plan and UCONN played a terrific game, taking away almost all of the good things that Florida had done in the 36 other games they won.

Last edited:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm really trying hard to be a better person, but duck this guy and duck everybody else who claims we're beating these clowns because "they" played a bad game.

You played a bad game because we kicked your ass. Okay?

Agreed. We went on a 35 -15 run, but it wasn't because Florida was "bad". It's because we were damned good...

Reaction Score
Get the fluke out a here. Bad game my ass. You got beat by a better team. Target awaits you.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Good game. You're team is tough. We played a bad game but your team's defense certainly had something to do with that. Good luck moving forward. This was still a great year for our team despite the disappointing end. Go Gators.

I appreciate you stopping by.

You guys had a great season.

See you again next year.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I do have to admit - i went and perused the Florida message board. Tons of confidence before the game. Great start - fans ecstatic. Then the wheels fell off. Most fans said UCONN handed Florida their asses for 30 out of the 40 minutes of the game. I'm sure there are some over there who feel the only reason we won is because they played poorly. I'd expect that from the fans...

What I don't expect that from is the analysts and experts. I was stunned that for the last minute of the game on TBS, all we saw were close ups of the Florida team and their players/bench. All they talked about was how this was supposed to be Florida's year and how they just came up short today. Fortunately, when I flipped over to ESPN after the game, most of the analysts sounded like a UCONN commercial, at least from what I could see. Couldn't say enough good things about Ollie and what he's done with such a limited amount of college HC experience.

I wouldn't say that Florida had a bad game. I'd say the TBS announcers had a bad game... Now I live in San Diego and realize they were broadcasting simultaneously with either UCONN announcers or Florida announcers. Apparently I got the Florida feed...

Reaction Score
I do have to admit - i went and perused the Florida message board. Tons of confidence before the game. Great start - fans ecstatic. Then the wheels fell off. Most fans said UCONN handed Florida their asses for 30 out of the 40 minutes of the game. I'm sure there are some over there who feel the only reason we won is because they played poorly. I'd expect that from the fans...

What I don't expect that from is the analysts and experts. I was stunned that for the last minute of the game on TBS, all we saw were close ups of the Florida team and their players/bench. All they talked about was how this was supposed to be Florida's year and how they just came up short today. Fortunately, when I flipped over to ESPN after the game, most of the analysts sounded like a UCONN commercial, at least from what I could see. Couldn't say enough good things about Ollie and what he's done with such a limited amount of college HC experience.

I wouldn't say that Florida had a bad game. I'd say the TBS announcers had a bad game... Now I live in San Diego and realize they were broadcasting simultaneously with either UCONN announcers or Florida announcers. Apparently I got the Florida feed...

You should have watched the TruTV "Husky Version. . A lot less annoying with Donny Marshall on the call.

Reaction Score
Very likable coach and players too……best of luck next year with Alex Murphy too!! Played HS hoops with his dad……….glad he's away from K

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Thanks for the good words, FL is a great team.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I really wanna like the OP but I too am sick of hearing that we only won because Florida played a bad game. Does that mean they just happened to play two bad games against us this year? And Wilbekin getting hurt in both games is another reason why we won twice right?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Many in the media said that UCONN would have to play a perfect game to win. Florida made more shots that rolled around the rim than did UCONN. Niels missed open 3s. UCONN dug out of hole and was significantly stronger on defense than Florida was on offense, and played offense well enough against Florida’s quite good defense. Good teams, good game.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm really trying hard to be a better person, but duck this guy and duck everybody else who claims we're beating these clowns because "they" played a bad game.

You played a bad game because we kicked your ass. Okay?

I have $20 that says posters on many boards of one time conference mates (who have been so jealous of us for years it is ridiculous) are crying about how bad each of our opponents played this tournament. Maybe some day it will occur to a few of them that it is neither a coincidence nor luck.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I really wanna like the OP but I too am sick of hearing that we only won because Florida played a bad game. Does that mean they just happened to play two bad games against us this year? And Wilbekin getting hurt in both games is another reason why we won twice right?

I like him and can't imagine most of us being as gracious after a tough loss.

Reaction Score
Lets not forget they played in the SEC… that could be part of the reason they had such a great year. Just saying!
Ummm. We play in the AAC and should not cast stones. Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom