Congrats, Huskies fans! | The Boneyard

Congrats, Huskies fans!

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I know the final seconds of the women's final four were a disappointing end, but I just wanted to congratulate you all on an outstanding postseason for your program. Geno and the WBB program has always done it "the right way," and Hurley seems like such an upstanding guy, surrounding himself with a great group of young men, and it's just so gratifying to see good teams win the right way.

Connecticut was my adopted home for almost half a decade, and whenever Stanford doesn't take home a trophy, it's always a great consolation when your Huskies do.

Excited for next season and to see what Geno can conjure up with (touch wood) a fully healthy lineup + Sarah Strong. In the mean time, thanks for hosting such an excellent fan board. All of us WBB fans are so lucky to have it.

Reaction Score
I will join TheFarmFan in his congratulations. I hope the voters of the AP and Coaches Polls will have learned a lesson this year. In the end, and when it matters most, UConn performed exactly as the computers had them ranked all year. Human, subjective opinion and in some cases downright bias was exposed as having less predictive value than objective systems.

Congrats on a very good year. By anybody's estimation except UConn fans, it was an excellent year. (yeah, I know final four is considered your norm). The committee made the same subjective decisions as the pollsters. They departed from the NET greatly in making UConn a third seed. Hope they learned a lesson.

Here's to a continuance of the annual SCar v UConn game. I hope that SEC expansion won't create a problem in our Spring Semester scheduling because I love the break from SEC monotony at that time of year.

Oh, and @TheFarmFan - I hope we can pick back up on our series despite your conference change. Go Trees. Winn the ACC. Learn proper pronunciation and Beat Clempsun. In everything.

Reaction Score
I will join TheFarmFan in his congratulations. I hope the voters of the AP and Coaches Polls will have earned a lesson for this year. In the end, and when it matters most, UConn performed exactly as the computers had them ranked all year. Human, subjective opinion and in some cases downright bias was exposed as having less predictive value than objective systems.

Congrats on a very good year. By anybody's estimation except UConn fans, it was an excellent year. (yeah, I know final four is considered your norm). The committee made the same subjective decisions as the pollsters. They departed from the NET greatly in making UConn a third seed. Hope they learned a lesson.

Here's to a continuance of the annual SCar v UConn game. I hope that SEC expansion won't create a problem in our Spring Semester scheduling because I love the break from SEC monotony at that time of year.

Oh, and @TheFarmFan - I hope we can pick back up on our series despite your conference change. Go Trees. Winn the ACC. Learn proper pronunciation and Beat Clempsun. In everything.
Congrats to you as well..

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I will join TheFarmFan in his congratulations. I hope the voters of the AP and Coaches Polls will have learned a lesson this year. In the end, and when it matters most, UConn performed exactly as the computers had them ranked all year. Human, subjective opinion and in some cases downright bias was exposed as having less predictive value than objective systems.

And congrats to you guys as well. Your undefeated season was an impressive accomplishment after losing all that fabulous talent.

I’m glad UConn and South Carolina can have a friendly/respectful rivalry. So refreshing after the vitriol of otherss

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I know the final seconds of the women's final four were a disappointing end, but I just wanted to congratulate you all on an outstanding postseason for your program. Geno and the WBB program has always done it "the right way," and Hurley seems like such an upstanding guy, surrounding himself with a great group of young men, and it's just so gratifying to see good teams win the right way.

Connecticut was my adopted home for almost half a decade, and whenever Stanford doesn't take home a trophy, it's always a great consolation when your Huskies do.

Excited for next season and to see what Geno can conjure up with (touch wood) a fully healthy lineup + Sarah Strong. In the mean time, thanks for hosting such an excellent fan board. All of us WBB fans are so lucky to have it.
You're one of the good ones, @TheFarmFan !

Reaction Score
Congrats to the Gamecocks too! I like your team and I like Dawn. Think she's terrific. Like Husky Nan said, hope to be playing you every year.

Reaction Score
And congrats to you guys as well. Your undefeated season was an impressive accomplishment after losing all that fabulous talent.

I’m glad UConn and South Carolina can have a friendly/respectful rivalry. So refreshing after the vitriol of otherss
I hope the mutual respect can continue. As Dawn has said, many of are fans can be crass. Hopefully, that applies mainly to twitterX. I think our fans are better on here and other forums and hope we remain so as the fanbase grows.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Thanks to both @TheFarmFan and @visitingcock, I hope that both continue to show that opponents can get along even when they beat the heck out of UConn or the Huskies do it to their team. An additional congrats on an undefeated season to visitingcock and may TheFarmFan have their team walk all over the ACC in their first year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom