'Confidence has risen': Ta'Quan Roberson seizing opportunity as quarterback for UConn football team (Hearst) | The Boneyard

'Confidence has risen': Ta'Quan Roberson seizing opportunity as quarterback for UConn football team (Hearst)

Reaction Score

Continue to make me eat crow Ta'Quan... First time you were out there as a starter this season I didn't see anything from you that made me believe you deserved the spot... BUT, you're showing a pulse... Keep proving me wrong about my initial thoughts... You were sling the ball a few weeks back... and running to daylight... Please continue... make me a believer... Because, guess what? We need you to be that guy...

Reaction Score
Continue to make me eat crow Ta'Quan... First time you were out there as a starter this season I didn't see anything from you that made me believe you deserved the spot... BUT, you're showing a pulse... Keep proving me wrong about my initial thoughts... You were sling the ball a few weeks back... and running to daylight... Please continue... make me a believer... Because, guess what? We need you to be that guy...
Imagine all the crow you’d be eating if he had started from day 1.

Reaction Score
If he stops staring down receivers and attempts to run a few more times per game (will come with confidence), he's going to be pretty darn good.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I do like the fact that Mora constantly talks about how a high scoring offense is essential in college football. He doesn't talk about how they need to grind out games or rely on the defense and special teams. He is stating the offense must be aggressive.

Reaction Score
I would love to see some more 50 yard TD completions. That play was legit. He has a great arm.
At least a few more deep pass attempts and if he hits a couple, that absolutely helps the run game become even more dominant.

Reaction Score
I do like the fact that Mora constantly talks about how a high scoring offense is essential in college football. He doesn't talk about how they need to grind out games or rely on the defense and special teams. He is stating the offense must be aggressive.
Having a good defense is rare these days, but having one helps.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Lies. Damn lies. And statistics.

Sorry, not sorry but no way Roberson was one of the 16 most impactful or efficient QB's last week. His WR's dropped too many passes and he had a killer fumble.

Reaction Score
Lies. Damn lies. And statistics.

Sorry, not sorry but no way Roberson was one of the 16 most impactful or efficient QB's last week. His WR's dropped too many passes and he had a killer fumble.

I know analytics guys, at least the NFL ones for awhile, grade things differently to account for what is the QB's responsibility, so maybe the drops don't count as much?

Reaction Score
Roberson is playing pretty well. The program has to remain positive about something. Just let it be.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
5 games left. If you can play in 4 only and retain redshirt why not let a back up play?

Reaction Score
5 games left. If you can play in 4 only and retain redshirt why not let a back up play?
Why is this not TRs ball? I'm not in love with the kid but this is silly. You're going to piss off that entire locker room to kick the tires? No.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He's getting his sea legs and has mostly been serviceable with his passing. He can zing it and can throw the long ball.

He's had a few "moments" which were self-induced but has been hampered by one of the statistically worst WR corps for dropped passes. Eye test says almost all those drops are WR fault, not QB fault.

If he stays healthy this year, and has a full off-season as the healthy starter, I am fine with him starting next year.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Why is this not TRs ball? I'm not in love with the kid but this is silly. You're going to piss off that entire locker room to kick the tires? No.
Because he’s butterfingers? Why not let ZT play when we get down 56-0 to the Vols in the 3rd? No rule one QB only has to take 100% of the snaps all season. Hell, Michigan played 6-7 QBs last year against us.

Reaction Score
Because he’s butterfingers? Why not let ZT play when we get down 56-0 to the Vols in the 3rd? No rule one QB only has to take 100% of the snaps all season. Hell, Michigan played 6-7 QBs last year against us.
That's because Michigan was creaming us. Stop justifying bad ideas.

Reaction Score
He's getting his sea legs and has mostly been serviceable with his passing. He can zing it and can throw the long ball.

He's had a few "moments" which were self-induced but has been hampered by one of the statistically worst WR corps for dropped passes. Eye test says almost all those drops are WR fault, not QB fault.

If he stays healthy this year, and has a full off-season as the healthy starter, I am fine with him starting next year.

Serviceable with a a few spectacular plays. Is a good description.

Hopefully he learned about securing the ball last game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom