CONFERENCE TOURNAMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Georgia should have stayed home today.

Reaction Score
but if they decide to include them, their starting slot position will be based on their RPI of 36.

There is no evidence that the committee ranks teams, even as a starting point, using the RPI.

[To my knowledge.]

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Syracuse was up by nine 48-39, at roughly the first media TO, and hasn't scored since. In the last five minutes, NC State has scored 18 consecutive points.

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score
Syracuse was up by nine 48-39, at roughly the first media TO, and hasn't scored since. In the last five minutes, NC State has scored 18 consecutive points.
State now up 64-49. But Gatling, who has a career-high 28 points, has a knee injury. She has headed to the locker room. Nooooooooooooo.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
For example, in Creme's Louisville bracket, Florida is on the bubble and just in. They are a ten seed. The 11-16 seeds are:

• [ ]BYU
    [ ]IONA
    [ ]FLORIDA GULF COAST
    [ ]UT MARTIN
    [ ]HIGH POINT
    [ ]ROBERT MORRIS
What, you are saying that Florida should be seeded higher than Iona? What nonsense.

Maybe you didn't notice that Iona beat Marist which beat Oklahoma which beat Texas which beat Texas A&M which beat Florida, so clearly Iona is a lot better than Florida. I don't know why guys like Creme have trouble keeping this all straight.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Now it's a 25-1 run. A pretty complete collapse for SU

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't pretend to have a decent understanding of how teams are seeded but it seems odd to me that for some teams who are considered on the bubble, if they are in, they come in as high as a 9 seed. It would seem logical that if a team is that close to being out that they are considered bubble material and one more loss derails them, they should be seeded somewhere from 14 - 16.

Any of you experts able to educate me on this?
That sounds logical, but let me see if I can explain why it is flawed. Seeds 14-16 are almost always (my guess is that the right word is "always") populated by the automatic qualifiers, who would not have a chance of making it if they simply chose the 64 best teams. So it seems slightly odd, but it is true that if you just barely make it in as an at-large qualifier, you are not looking at a 14,15, or 16 seed but something higher.
Exactly. The LIU's, the Coppin St's, the UL-Lafayette's of the world (or whoever wins their conference championships) get the 14, 15, 16 seeds.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Ohio State had a 25 point lead on PSU. PSU cut into it a bit but only down to 18, and running out of time.

Now down to 11. Enough time, but just enough.

PSU cut it to 9, but it is back to 12. More importantly, only 123 ticks on the game clock left. It can be done, but not easily.

Now 15 and only 106 seconds. The fat lady is warming up.

OSU wins going away. They aren't on the invite list, but after knocking off the top seed, they could run the table and get the auto bid.

Last edited:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Now it's a 25-1 run. A pretty complete collapse for SU

About eight minutes without a basket, only a single free throw for SU. They've woken up, but they now have a big hole.

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score
About eight minutes without a basket, only a single free throw for SU. They've woken up, but they now have a big hole.
But it's a little easier with Gatling out. That is now 3 seniors for State who have had their season end within the past 2 weeks because of knee injuries. It does not look good for Gatling. She couldn't even get to the locker room on her own.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just regained power in the house... ... checked my phone earlier and saw that Cuse was up by 9 with about 15 minutes to go in the game. Just got back online and checked the score... and was like :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

But it's a little easier with Gatling out. That is now 3 seniors for State who have had their season end within the past 2 weeks because of knee injuries. It does not look good for Gatling. She couldn't even get to the locker room on her own.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Reaction Score
Exactly. The LIU's, the Coppin St's, the UL-Lafayette's of the world (or whoever wins their conference championships) get the 14, 15, 16 seeds.

And the 13s, and some of the 12s. WCBB is severely stacked towards the power conferences; the auto-bids often are the bottom 20-22.

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score
State ends up winning 79-63, erasing a 10-point deficit. State outscore Syracuse 40-15 in last 15 minutes of game. But still no word on Gatling. She injured her knee when she tried to plant her left leg. She was able to walk off the court herself but her knee buckled as she headed to the locker room.

Gatling finished with a career-high 28 points. Kody Burke, who was named the ACC's Kay Yow Scholar Athlete of the Year, had 21 points and 16 rebounds.

If Gatling is done for the season, she will be the 3rd senior within the past two weeks for State whose season ended with a knee injury.

Reaction Score
Ohio State had a 25 point lead on PSU.
OSU wins going away. They aren't on the invite list, but after knocking off the top seed, they could run the table and get the auto bid.

Seems a lot to expect the #8 women's seed to beat the 1, 4, and 2.

The debate over #2 seeds got a bit easier - Penn St settles in at a 3. Two blowout losses in their last 3 games. Not good.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Despite the snow and ice all over town... its supposed to be 65 degrees tomorrow :confused: Hopefully the State fans will show up in full force to get behind their team. Im sure all the other neutral fans in the arena will be cheering for the Pack as well..... well maybe not the UNC fans ;) No offense to Syracuse.... while they probably would have provided a better game Saturday....... the atmosphere will be alot better with NC State advancing.

Meanwhile... i got 2 hours to clean off my car before headed down to the Coliseum.... just hope there arent any trees blocking the roads on the way :eek:

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score
Despite the snow and ice all over town... its supposed to be 65 degrees tomorrow :confused: Hopefully the State fans will show up in full force to get behind their team. Im sure all the other neutral fans in the arena will be cheering for the Pack as well..... well maybe not the UNC fans ;) No offense to Syracuse.... while they probably would have provided a better game Saturday.. the atmosphere will be alot better with NC State advancing.

Meanwhile... i got 2 hours to clean off my car before headed down to the Coliseum.... just hope there arent any trees blocking the roads on the way :eek:

I am torn about going tomorrow. They won today w/out me there!

Update on Gatling. According to Coach Moore, the x-rays came back and look good, but they are doing MRI, too. Hoping the x-rays hold up.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Despite the snow and ice all over town... its supposed to be 65 degrees tomorrow :confused:
Supposed to be up into the 40's - 50 tomorrow up here in MA/CT. Glad we skipped the latest couple of messes.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Mascot night at the acc tournament
IMAG0561.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
IMAG0564.jpg

I should have swiped his shell away and wished him good luck in the big 10 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Big game in ACC to see how Fuke is faring without Wells. A duke loss and I could see them fall to a 4 or 5.
Tied at 24 with 5 to go in 1st half.

Reaction Score
LSU off to a double digit lead with some hot shooting, but TN creeping back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom