CONFERENCE TOURNAMENTS | Page 3 | The Boneyard

CONFERENCE TOURNAMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Big win for Duke - dominating performance against GT. Stopped the bleeding and keeps them as a #3 seed.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sitting here conflicted. The Two schools I despise the most. Who do I root for?

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score
Sitting here conflicted. The Two schools I despise the most. Who do I root for?

Follow State's rule Never, ever pull for UNC. Never. Not even if they were playing the USSR.

BTW, It was nice to see Duke play really well and look like they're having fun.

Reaction Score
ACC: 1 NDme vs 4 NCSt // 2 Duke_ vs 6 UNC__ /// ESPNU @ 5pm
SEC: 1 SCar vs 4 Kent // 2 Tenn_ vs 3 TxA&M /// ESPNU @ Noon
B10: 8 OhSt vs 5 Iowa // 2 MchSt vs 3 Nebra /// .BTN. @ 3:30
PAC: 1 Stan vs 5 SCal // 7 WshSt vs 3 OreSt - 11 Utah
A10: 1 Dayt vs 4 GWsh // 2 StBon vs 3 Frdhm /// CBSSN @ 11am

Big win for USC over fast fading Ariz St
St Joe's loss in A10 quarters dooms their chances

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Debbie Antonelli says Alyssa Thomas is taking one class so she will have time to work on her shooting. If DA is right, Thomas is ineligible, you must be a full time student to participate in sports.

Reaction Score
Good UNC-MD game. Up 3, somehow UNC let Alyssa Thomas get an open look, but she missed.
Heels win 73-70.

I say again: UNC is a very dangerous team.

Reaction Score
Up next for UNC is Duke for round 3. Hopefully both UNC BB teams will take care of business on Saturday.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Thomas had little help tonight, particularly down the stretch. On the other end, Maryland just could not get stops against UNC, and when it did UNC was there to clean up the offensive boards. Md is not a good defensive team but I was surprised by how many offensive boards it gave up.

Gray and Deshields were UNC's best players.

Reaction Score
Thomas had little help tonight, particularly down the stretch. On the other end, Maryland just could not get stops against UNC, and when it did UNC was there to clean up the offensive boards. Md is not a good defensive team but I was surprised by how many offensive boards it gave up.

Gray and Deshields were UNC's best players.

Ugly game. Maryland had 14 turnovers in the first half, and UNC had 3 consecutive turnovers late in the game. Then they missed 3 or 4 lay-ups in the final 2 minutes. UNC tried to give the game away.

Thomas had about 18 points in the second half, however she also had 8 turnovers, including a key turnover with under 20 seconds, and a chance to take the lead.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Very entertaining night session..... I was pleasantly surprised how easily Duke beat GaTech. I was really fearful of them and their press.... but luckily they shot horribly and could not really set it up like they would have liked on the inbounds plays.

Good UNC-MD game. Up 3, somehow UNC let Alyssa Thomas get an open look, but she missed.
Heels win 73-70.

I say again: UNC is a very dangerous team.

Great atmosphere for this game.... the first game had no buzz despite the Yellow Jackets playing... but the nightcap make up for the first game. Lots and lots of Maryland fans in red.... even more UNC fans in their hideous blue. Plenty of Duke and some ND fans in their horrible green.

I really was hoping UMD would win... ... i really really did. :oops: Its one thing to get swept by UNC and their freshman, but its even worse if you get swept AND you have to deal with the horde of obnoxious tarheel fans in the stands, on the way out of the arena... and in the parking lot after the game.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
UNC/Maryland boxscore

For North Carolina, Diamond DeShields scored 22 points while fellow freshman Allisha Gray added 17.
Xylina McDaniel added 10 points for the sixth-seeded Tar Heels (24-8), who led all but 5 seconds but still had to fight to put away the Big Ten-bound Terrapins (24-6) in what turned out to be their final ACC game.
UNC advanced to Saturday's semifinals to play No. 10 Duke.

Reaction Score
Today's sked:

ACC: 1 NDme vs 4 NCSt // 2 Duke_ vs 6 _UNC_ /// ESPNU @ 5pm
SEC: 1 SCar vs 4 Kent // 2 Tenn_ vs 3 TxA&M /// ESPNU @ Noon
B10: 8 OhSt vs 5 Iowa // 2 MchSt vs 3 Nebra /// .BTN. @ 3:30
PAC: 1 Stan vs 5 SCal // 7 WshSt vs 3 OreSt /// .PAC.
A10: 1 Dayt vs 4 GWsh // 2 StBon vs 3 Frdhm /// CBSSN @ 11am

Dayton with easy win over GW.
KY holding double-digit lead in 2nd half over SC

Last edited:

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Debbie Antonelli says Alyssa Thomas is taking one class so she will have time to work on her shooting. If DA is right, Thomas is ineligible, you must be a full time student to participate in sports.

..which, brings us back around to UNC - Cheat ....:rolleyes:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
No love for the Big12 tourney?
Baylor vs Kansas
OSU 67 vs ISU 57
WVU vs TCU

Reaction Score
Wondering if they pulled some mental gymnastics with a "senior research/independent study" type course credit. An independent study sort of thing might be arranged so her work doesn't really start until after the season ends. Add in a seminar or two, and you can finagle a "full time" schedule that has very little scheduled class time or work.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor is giving the committee a good reason to overlook the loss to KU.

BU over KU 33-9 with less than 8 minutes left in the first half.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor up 46-20 over KU at the half. Nina Davis with 18 points and 4 rebounds. She has a desire and the athletic ability to go with it. Talk about being underrated coming out of high school. I love watching her play. Her effort on every play is a pleasure to watch.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Even from the upper deck, coach Ivey is looking mighy fine :cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This is sad.. :( State wouldn't have a chance completely healthy, but down 3 of their top 7, it's ugly ugly ugly

Reaction Score
Wondering if they pulled some mental gymnastics with a "senior research/independent study" type course credit. An independent study sort of thing might be arranged so her work doesn't really start until after the season ends. Add in a seminar or two, and you can finagle a "full time" schedule that has very little scheduled class time or work.

12 credits ? hmmm sounds like getting credit for a no-show class

Reaction Score
12 credits ? hmmm sounds like getting credit for a no-show class
Well, if you've got a regular class that meets 3 times a week (or even 4 times, which is more credit), a seminar or two in which you have to show up but there's not really any work for 1 credit each, and then an "independent research/study" in which you agree with your professor that you'll do most of the work in April, then you can get a fair number of credits without a demanding schedule. I don't know how many credit hours are needed to be considered a full-time undergrad, but I only took three classes my first semester of my junior year. Plenty of students take light-load semesters, and senior year is the easiest time to do it.

It's not always cheating, it's the way the system is, and regular students do it, too (though I'm sure it's easier to pull this off when you're an athlete). Heck, I'm getting graduate credit for a "no-show" class this semester, because I'm registered for a seminar credit and there haven't been any seminars scheduled yet!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I believe there are, also, other conditions that apply so long as you are on track to graduate. She may have fulfilled enough summer courses to be in that position. Or else she signed up for transferable correspondence courses a UNC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom