Conference Tournament Dates and Links | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Conference Tournament Dates and Links

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
South Dakota St. pulled away and claims the Summit Championship. Moot now, but were they potentially a bubble team and bid stealer if they had lost this game?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
South Dakota St. pulled away and claims the Summit Championship. Moot now, but were they potentially a bubble team and bid stealer if they had lost this game?
No, they had zero quality wins and no chance for an at-large.

Luckily for them you didn't post about how certain you were that they would win :D

Reaction Score
Northern Arizona beats Montana. Big Sky will be #1 vs #2 seed for the big prize.
Will be an uphill battle..... They ran in a year off the court last week.

Game on ESPNU so the exciting to see the Jacks

Reaction Score
After 8000 Zag fans at the Orleans there might be 2000 Reb fans here .....maybe they're waiting for the final tomorrow

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Looks like Colorado St. kept it interesting, but UNLV advances to Mountain West championship game. Are they safely in as an at large, or do they need the auto bid?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Looks like Colorado St. kept it interesting, but UNLV advances to Mountain West championship game. Are they safely in as an at large, or do they need the auto bid?
Safely in. All those SEC bubble teams are praying that you won’t declare UNLV the sure winner in advance.

I think the Mountain West and the Ivy League are the only potential bid-stealers left. Princeton is for sure at-large worthy; Columbia would be on the bubble.

FGCU has perhaps a remote chance with their one quality win over North Carolina, but very doubtful since a loss to Central Arkansas would be very bad.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Safely in. All those SEC bubble teams are praying that you won’t declare UNLV the sure winner in advance.

I think the Mountain West and the Ivy League are the only potential bid-stealers left. Princeton is for sure at-large worthy; Columbia would be on the bubble.

FGCU has perhaps a remote chance with their one quality win over North Carolina, but very doubtful since a loss to Central Arkansas would be very bad.
I have to amend this a bit, as I'd forgotten about Middle Tennessee, who I think would have a decent shot at an at-large bid even if they lose in the CUSA tournament. Creme currently has them projected as a 10 seed and they could possibly absorb one more bad loss and still be in.

Reaction Score
Rebs put up 100 on Aztecs in regular season. A loss would be the upset of all time.

BTW I love the Aztec gritty play. They really made the taller Broncos uncomfortable in last night's semi. That said, the final will not be close.

Reaction Score
WAC tournament opens with UT Arlington taking care of business against SUU.

The Thunderbirds intro video was GREAT-showed the team in the Aspens!

The Lady Mavs gave Cal Baptist a scare in the regular season.

Looks like the Lopes will draw SF Austin in the semi.

Fans behind me said Lancers have two players out?!?

Any Intel?

Reaction Score
Jacks v EWU tip at 2pm (PST) for the Big Sky on ESPNU

EWU led by former Sun Devil Jaime Loera.

Jacks need a big game from Emily Rodabaugh

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Rebs put up 100 on Aztecs in regular season. A loss would be the upset of all time.

BTW I love the Aztec gritty play. They really made the taller Broncos uncomfortable in last night's semi. That said, the final will not be close.
Gonzaga beat Portland 90-40 a few weeks ago. We all know what happened yesterday. Anything can happen.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I know @azfan was hoping for a different outcome, but I'm happy to see Eastern Washington about to claim the auto bid from the Big Sky. They've had a really good season and don't have many NCAA Tourney appearances in their history.

Many are speculating Portland will be making the short trip to Corvallis for a first round game, could EWU be taking a short bus ride from Cheney to Spokane for their opener?

Reaction Score
I know @azfan was hoping for a different outcome, but I'm happy to see Eastern Washington about to claim the auto bid from the Big Sky. They've had a really good season and don't have many NCAA Tourney appearances in their history.

Many are speculating Portland will be making the short trip to Corvallis for a first round game, could EWU be taking a short bus ride from Cheney to Spokane for their opener?
One.

The Jacks are the Bills of the Big Sky.....third consecutive loss in the title game.

And....in Vegas the score is tied at 20 at the half in the WM title game.

I love Aztec #32 Quezada's game......a real baller.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
And....in Vegas the score is tied at 20 at the half in the WM title game.
That must've been tough to watch. Looks like UNLV pulled away in Q4. I managed to not jinx anybody today.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'm sure the committee would love to do that (assuming Gonzaga is still a 4 seed, which is far from certain), but they're supposed to try to avoid rematches of regular-season games in the first two rounds.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
but they're supposed to try to avoid rematches of regular-season games in the first two rounds.
That was quite an early season battle between the Zags and EWU.

Reaction Score
I'm sure the committee would love to do that (assuming Gonzaga is still a 4 seed, which is far from certain), but they're supposed to try to avoid rematches of regular-season games in the first two rounds.
@Plebe. Plebe sorry to be dense but Creme has Arizona and Vanderbilt in the play in game. If that holds up what site would that be at and how would one get tickets

Reaction Score
Sitting on pins and needles in Vegas wondering if the Lopes can take Cal Baptist in the championship game on Saturday morning.

Looks like GCU will have to get past SF Austin to do so and I overheard fans yesterday saying that Cal Baptist has two players out.

Plebe

Reaction Score
@Plebe. Plebe sorry to be dense but Creme has Arizona and Vanderbilt in the play in game. If that holds up what site would that be at and how would one get tickets
Would be at the site of whichever top 16 seed is hosting that section of the bracket for the first weekend. Likely the home court of a #3 seed, since these "last 4 in" teams are usually #11 seeds. No way to know specifically until the bracket is unveiled.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Big upset in the SWAC with Alcorn St. taking out #3 seed Southern.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Anyone know why the America East takes such a long break between semis and Championship? Semis were on the 11th, Title game is on the 15th. The anticipation is killing me. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
In a game of quarters UTA wins the first and last to down Utah Tech and advance to the semi against Cal Baptist.. Lady Mav forward Avery Brittingham was DOMINANT, particularly in the first and fourth.

The Lancers split with the LMs winning by 2 at Arlington on a last second Webb layup.

10 minutes till SFA and Tarleton. Lopes head coach Molly Miller and staff are scouting. I am rooting for a 6 overtime contest.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
More big upsets today. Hofstra (3-15 regular season) over William & Mary (12-6) in the Colonial. Long Beach St. (8-12) over UC Riverside (13-7) in the Big West.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
More big upsets today. Hofstra (3-15 regular season) over William & Mary (12-6) in the Colonial. Long Beach St. (8-12) over UC Riverside (13-7) in the Big West.
I shockingly discovered it isn't the Colonial anymore. It is the "Coastal" Athletic Conference. Interesting change.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom