Conference semi-final game threads - AAC | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Conference semi-final game threads - AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Uh;;They will be better next season. I promise.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Things slow down because of the mix. If Kia, Lou, or Morgan were on the floor, things would look much better.

Reaction Score
My god the BENCH really frustrates me in this game. 4 points in almost 5 and half minutes in the 4th. Now I see what Geno means. You must earn it.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
image.jpg
Well folks wanted to see the bench players. Here they are, and it's pretty ugly.
You need to chang your avatar.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The leading scorers, as was the case yesterday: Lou and Morgan.

Reaction Score
Charlie Creme just said in response to a question about UConn always being on his list, "You just take out the sheet, write UConn at the top, and then go from there."

Reaction Score
post-game, Lou asked if she was a good defender before, she laughed: says she was definitely not a good defender before. Wow, she's gone from nowhere to being a great defender in the space of months....

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
post-game, Lou asked if she was a good defender before, she laughed: says she was definitely not a good defender before. Wow, she's gone from nowhere to being a great defender in the space of months....
She's drawn a surprising number of charges lately. Did not see that coming.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
With Stewie getting 9 Points and Moriah 2, would the Media not put them on the All Tournament Team? :) Still another game tomorrow most likely against USF. They have time to add to their scoring totals. :) KLS would probably like the opportunity to play against Laska to show the coaches they made the wrong selection on FOY

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Interesting comment from Brooke Wisebrough (sp) on ESPNU - to paraphrase her comment on South Carolina, 66 points is not going to win you a national championship. Oh how true!

Reaction Score
I was glad to see the starters get a well-deserved rest, playing less than 3 quarters each. I was also pleased to see the bench get to play the entire 4th quarter. Sure, their play isn't anything like the beautiful fluidity of the starters, but they work hard all year and they've earned that extended playing time.

My only gripe- I'd like to see Saniya and Ekmark (the Q4 backcourt for the entire 10 minutes) make at least a minimal effort to ball reverse and to create ball screens and work for a few open looks for Briana and Tierney. That never happened, and I think it should. Polly and Tierney are not able to create their own shots off the dribble, so they need their teammates to help them. That help didn't happen, even once, that I saw. They should get at least a few touches, but they don't. And that pisses me off. Sorry, had to get it off my chest.

I love everything about Tierney and Briana. They have shown themselves to be great Huskies.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Interesting comment from Brooke Wisebrough (sp) on ESPNU - to paraphrase her comment on South Carolina, 66 points is not going to win you a national championship. Oh how true!

Well…it's usually true. A few teams have won championships by scoring fewer than 66 points in the final—in fact UConn did so only last year! But if you're going to win that way, you'd better turn in a great defensive performance, hope your opponent has an off shooting night, or both. And that's asking a lot, since you're likely to face a good offensive team in that game. So yeah, I agree with the general point. :D

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score

It's been Dawn's concern, no doubt.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Is there another thread somewhere, or is it that no one is interested in the fact that USF is leading Temple 29-26 at the half? jes wondrin

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Owls can't make layups and the refs are calling every thing in USFs favor

Reaction Score
I think it's been overdone by a lot! A huge key is Morgan, but Lou is playing as well as Stewie did 3 years ago. Napheesa shows tons of promise. Gabby is very good and improving. Kia is solid and a great defender. Natalie has had ups and downs, but will be better. Crystal will be an impact player early on. She's like Moriah and Courtney Williams. We may lose a small number of games and we may not win the championship next year, but I'm not ready to concede anything.
What we'll notice next year will be the loss of Boykin. Her transfer will have a greater impact on the team than any other factor.

Maybe Crystal plays early and helps direct the offense, but we should be realistic about the way in which Geno uses freshman, especially freshman point guards. Mo (the definition of a great point guard) was worked slowly into the offense her first year, and expect the same for Dangerfield. But even the loss of MoJeff won't impact the team as much as not having another big body underneath.

I love Gabby, and Lou and Collier are both going to be stars and all three will spend time under the backboard next year but they are all wings of a sort and Boykin would have given us a tough presense underneath. Kyla has promise but as a freshman she will have to be forged in fire (like everyone else who takes the UCONN challenge).

I think that Kia will handle the point until Crystal is ready, and I think that Lou, Gabby and Phees will take turns lighting up opponents, but I'd feel better about things if we still had Boykin to compliment Natalie underneath.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
With Stewie getting 9 Points and Moriah 2, would the Media not put them on the All Tournament Team? :) Still another game tomorrow most likely against USF. They have time to add to their scoring totals. :) KLS would probably like the opportunity to play against Laska to show the coaches they made the wrong selection on FOY
It's not all about scoring, but Mo may not make it. Morgan and Lou are the leading contenders at the moment. Lou will make more all-tourney teams in her carer. I know I'm going out on a limb, but .... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom