Conference Schedule Pairings 15-16 | The Boneyard

Conference Schedule Pairings 15-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
image.jpg

Not breaking news but tells us who they aren't playing twice.

Reaction Score
This was the best case scenario for us. I kind of like how our schedule is shaping up for next year, our strength of schedule could be pretty good especially if we go far in Atlantis

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
we only have two rivalries in this league that go back more than 2 years and we don't play both those teams home and home? Outrageous!

Reaction Score
we only have two rivalries in this league that go back more than 2 years and we don't play both those teams home and home? Outrageous!
Huh? We play Cincy twice Home and on the road. I guess you are talking about USF which I don't care playing twice anyhow. We don't have a rivalry with ECU. LOL!

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I was talking about USF and I was just kidding. I couldn't care less!

Reaction Score
This was the best case scenario for us. I kind of like how our schedule is shaping up for next year, our strength of schedule could be pretty good especially if we go far in Atlantis
Agreed. At East Carolina is a tricky game so I am glad we avoid that. We only played Houston once last year so we were going to have to play them twice this year.

Reaction Score
I guess you are right and I was not very clear. This is why I usually get heckled when I try to tell jokes.

I thought it was great if for no other reason than that I knew it would lead to Boneyard posters not getting it and being confused. Seems I was right.

Reaction Score
I thought it was great if for no other reason than that I knew it would lead to Boneyard posters not getting it and being confused. Seems I was right.

I'll never stop being surprised at how dense people act on here sometimes. The post was clear and obviously a joke. At a board I used to post on, we had a rule that you owed someone a beer if you took their joke post seriously. Maybe we should institute that here.

Reaction Score
I'll never stop being surprised at how dense people act on here sometimes. The post was clear and obviously a joke. At a board I used to post on, we had a rule that you owed someone a beer if you took their joke post seriously. Maybe we should institute that here.
Well, lawyer up. Half the board will die from alcohol poisoning now.

Reaction Score
Its inevitable that we are going to lose some games. The non conference wins are pretty important from what we saw last year. Some Big East teams picked up a few good wins in Nov/Dec and because of that, the league had a solid RPI. Winning Atlantis would be a huge boost because of the strong field that it has. We just have to cut down on the bad losses vs teams with a 100+ RPI.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Make the NCAA tourney, and win the AAC.

Reaction Score
It's at least a 3 seed. I'm assuming your joking?
No. I assume he thinks--given how the AAC has been treated by the NCAA--that teams will always be underseeded.

There's no way a 30-4 team gets a 5 seed with UConn's OOC schedule unless they lost all their key OOC games and the AAC is worse than we're thinking. The bottom of the league should be better this year, and I think the league is more than serviceable. That will be the difference: 1-2 sub-200 teams rather than 5.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No. I assume he thinks--given how the AAC has been treated by the NCAA--that teams will always be underseeded.

There's no way a 30-4 team gets a 5 seed with UConn's OOC schedule unless they lost all their key OOC games and the AAC is worse than we're thinking. The bottom of the league should be better this year, and I think the league is more than serviceable. That will be the difference: 1-2 sub-200 teams rather than 5.
My thinking as well. Going into this past season there was a lot of evidence the AAC was going to have a down year with the better schools losing a lot of important players from the previous season. It looks to be the opposite next year. Of course the conference has to demonstrate things against the OOC opponents to support our opinion. I expect that to happen and as you point out the bottom should make a significant improvement from last season.

Reaction Score
S
My thinking as well. Going into this past season there was a lot of evidence the AAC was going to have a down year with the better schools losing a lot of important players from the previous season. It looks to be the opposite next year. Of course the conference has to demonstrate things against the OOC opponents to support our opinion. I expect that to happen and as you point out the bottom should make a significant improvement from last season.
so, what seed would Gonzaga get with the same profile? I say a 2 or 3 seed. Since we are a mid major now, we remind me of Gonzagas situation a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom