Committee to American: | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Committee to American:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A lot of back and forth on the Big East/Atlantic 10 vs AAC and whose better.

It's clear where the committee sided today.

UMass a 6th seed in their own tournament. A 6 seed in the NCAA's.

CREIGHTON A 3?!?! A 3!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
An empty MSG would be an embarrassment to the NCAA. Take note who they put in the East and who they didn't. Southern Canada U had the seed to be placed in Buffalo->NYC and they picked us and Nova. Suck on that juice for a moment.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
And if you're a disrespected 4, WSU (whp played who) is going to be feast.

I really like WSU and they deserved the #1, but the committee screwed them as well, setting them up against an angry Louisville team that will be out for blood.

Reaction Score
Advance against whom? UConn, Cincy and Memphis are in the same bracket with low seeds against tough teams.

The bracket is basically built to make the AAC fail. Louisville has to contend with Michigan, Wichita St and one other tough team I can't remember. Cincy and Memphis could meet early. UConn, if for some reason we get that far, will see them in the F8.

On the one hand, UConn beats St. Joseph's and Villanova, and the path may clear--but still.

Ah, but we could have 3 teams in the sweet 16 & possibly a lock for the Final 8/4. I think LVille will hold up their part...

Reaction Score
What time does UConn play here in Buffalo? I'd like to buy tickets.

Reaction Score
This wasn't just AAC disrespect, this was an atomic wedgie.

Louisville a 4?? SMU ranked in the top 25 last poll ousted? The rest of us (all ranked teams) crammed in the same region?

Wow. Guess we know where this conference stands in the pecking order of the twits on the committee. SMH

Reaction Score
Im seriously just laughing my ass off here over the fact that umass is a higher seed then us. But to be honest i am not that mad because i am extremely glad we have a chance at nova (overrated) in the second round. But wow a 7 seed it has come to this point huh? feel bad for smu hopefully the teams in the aac can do great in the tourny and shove it up the committees ass

Reaction Score
Not sure who I hate more..... the NCAA or anyone/anything affiliated with the ACC.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn can lose no more than 4 games if it wants a top 4 seed.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You guys got a much better draw that Cincinnati. We have Harvard and then probably Michigan State. Yikes.

Harvard blows. Don't believe the hype.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking under seeding of the AAC will be to our advantage. LVille will most likely come out of their region. UConn, Cinci or Memphis could come out of theirs. So possibly 2 Final Four teams. Virginia & Michigan State are the only challenges in the bracket... Nova nor UNCheat scare me.

Reaction Score
Committee Members:
LSU (and former Duke) AD Joe Alleva,
Utah State AD Scott Barnes,
Oklahoma AD Joe Castiglione,
Big Sky Conference commissioner Doug Fullerton,
Michigan State AD Mark Hollis,
Conference USA associate commissioner Judy MacLeod, Delaware AD Bernard Muir
West Coast Conference commissioner Jamie Zaninovich.
Wake Forest AD Ron Wellman - Chairman
Georgia Tech athletic director Mike Bobinski

Two Acc members, including the chairman. Nobody from the AAC. I'm sure the CUSA chairman is not a fan of SMU or Memphis.

http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com...chair-2013-14-ncaa-mens-basketball-committee/

Reaction Score
UConn can lose no more than 4 games if it wants a top 4 seed.

And this is a reason why UConn might take it easy on the OOC side. Because the committee doesn't care if you schedule Florida, Maryland, Indiana, Harvard, Stanford, Washington, anymore. It used to be you were rewarded for scheduling a bunch of tough OOC teams.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
And this is a reason why UConn might take it easy on the OOC side. Because the committee doesn't care if you schedule Florida, Maryland, Indiana, Harvard, Stanford, Washington, anymore. It used to be you were rewarded for scheduling a bunch of tough OOC teams.

Wrong. UConn has to dominate a tough ooc, then the AAC, and they will still get lousy seeds. If uconn sandbags their ooc, they will be just like southern miss and Toledo.

Reaction Score

Right, You can't schedule in the 300s, but go after the 75 - 125 range and you'll win those games if you are a NCAA tourney team. Then just take care of business in conference. No more Ville next year. We should have at least the same amount of wins in conference next year

Reaction Score
We have to schedule reallytough OOC teams because the American will suck next year, Cincy won't be good, Memphis will be just OK

Reaction Score
I really like WSU and they deserved the #1, but the committee screwed them as well, setting them up against an angry Louisville team that will be out for blood.

Agreed, Wichita's reward for going undefeated is being is being paired with a 4th seed that is ranked 3/4/5, defending champs, and on of the most dangerous teams out there (Florida, Louisville, Michigan St).

Reaction Score
Look on the bright side guys would you rather face st joes then possibly nova in the 3rd round or Michigan st in the 3rd round now that i think about it all is not bad

Reaction Score

It's the NCAA. One year if UConn schedules a killer OCC slate and has 10 losses with an RPI in the top 30 and does not get in because it's the losses that count. The next year, a weak OCC slate with only 4 losses and UConn does not get in because it's the RPI that matters. It happened before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom