Committee to American: | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Committee to American:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have to schedule reallytough OOC teams because the American will suck next year, Cincy won't be good, Memphis will be just OK

Problem: the NCAA doesn't care. You're better off being St Louis or Wichita St.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Harvard blows. Don't believe the hype.
Really? Their KenPom ratings scare me. Care to give a quick summary of how they play?

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
I have no issue with SMU not being in… all but the Bpi rankings have them in the 50's. They didn't take care of Houston and played no one outside of the league of any merit. I do have a huge issue with the 3 teams in the same regional. That is just bad management on the NCAA part. ACC set up Louisville and punished the rest. Trying to put the league down in "their rightful place". What a joke!

Reaction Score
I have no issue with SMU not being in… all but the Bpi rankings have them in the 50's. They didn't take care of Houston and played no one outside of the league of any merit. I do have a huge issue with the 3 teams in the same regional. That is just bad management on the NCAA part. ACC set up Louisville and punished the rest. Trying to put the league down in "their rightful place". What a joke!

Wow that right, they actually did the Ville a favor

pj

Reaction Score
And this is a reason why UConn might take it easy on the OOC side. Because the committee doesn't care if you schedule Florida, Maryland, Indiana, Harvard, Stanford, Washington, anymore. It used to be you were rewarded for scheduling a bunch of tough OOC teams.

Recruits care.

Reaction Score
You guys got a much better draw that Cincinnati. We have Harvard and then probably Michigan State. Yikes.

Not to mention you're being sent out West to Washington state. Rough draw all around.

Who cares about the # next to our name, we got a DAMN good draw in the first weekend.

Reaction Score
SMU was left out because NC State was just soooooooooo good

Reaction Score
There were huge consequences for the bottom 5 teams being so bad. They will need to step it up big time.
It's only going to get worse with Louisville leaving and the dead weight coming in

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Really? Their KenPom ratings scare me. Care to give a quick summary of how they play?
They were decent, but not as physical as UC. Might depend on officiating...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The seed is at this point a meaningless number. Were there really at least four better teams than us in 2004? At least eight better in 2011?

We have a nice draw in front of us. I don't see a game we shouldn't feel confident about until at least Madison Square Garden.

Reaction Score
No one really scares me in the East bracket until a potential Great 8 game with Michigan State – a physical team from a physical conference with a proven head coach who been to the Dance and won it. I think UVA is overrated and won over an overrated Duke team. I would have had slotted either Michigan or Michigan State with a 1 seed over UVA. I believe that St. Joe’s maybe more of a challenge than Villanova, who reminds me of Memphis a lot.

By the way, if UConn does make it to MSG to play Michigan St., I will be there, even if I have to dig my way up from Penn Station below.

That said, could be a lot worse. We could be Wichita State. For going undefeated, the Shockers likely get an underperforming; but, dangerous Kentucky in the second round. That will then be followed by Louisville, who we all know will be carrying a huge chip, in the Sweet 16 in Indianapolis, which is a 2 hour drive away from the Card’s campus and their fans travel well (it’s a 10 hour drive from Wichita). If they get past Louisville, they will likely have to deal with Michigan (over Duke), which played in last year’s final and will be playing just 4 hours away from their campus in the city where their conference championship was just held. If the Shockers make it to Dallas, they deserve everyone’s respect.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
No one really scares me in the East bracket until a potential Great 8 game with Michigan State .
St. Joe's and Villanova can both beat us. I think we're underseeded by 2 lines at a 7, and Nova is probably a seed line or two high, so that's why I feel better than I would if we normally had a 7. But make no mistake, we can lose to St. Joes, and we can definitely lose to Villanova.

That said, neither scare me. Iowa State does, though. And UNC is a tough team as well. They're not consistent, but when they play well, they're tough. They rebound.

Given our seeding, our bracket is a dream. But that doesn't mean I'm not scared as sh¡t for every game (unless we beat St. Joe's and play a 15 seed).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
St. Joe's and Villanova can both beat us. I think we're underseeded by 2 lines at a 7, and Nova is probably a seed line or two high, so that's why I feel better than I would if we normally had a 7. But make no mistake, we can lose to St. Joes, and we can definitely lose to Villanova.

That said, neither scare me. Iowa State does, though. And UNC is a tough team as well. They're not consistent, but when they play well, they're tough. They rebound.

Given our seeding, our bracket is a dream. But that doesn't mean I'm not scared as sh¡t for every game (unless we beat St. Joe's and play a 15 seed).

This is spot on. And there is no question that should we beat St. Joes, Nova and ISU, the winner of the top half, probbaly UVA or MSU, is very tough.
St. Joes isn't easy, but from what I see, it's a good matchup for UConn. No real size, not a pressing team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom