Coaching Carousel and Rumors | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coaching Carousel and Rumors

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
loserville downfall continues
Sam Adams Atlas GIF by BostonDynamics
#KobelikestoWatch

Reaction Score
Oof.

I get all this, but the guy is only 41. Hurley was pretty much just starting out at that age. Plus, it's not like any of those jobs were all that desirable.

It'd be a risk to hire him, but he could also be the next Kyle Shanahan. It's hard to know with these things.

Reaction Score
If Huggy is sober and a changed man to a degree he’d be a good hire most anywhere.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Listening now to the Louisville ESPN station. 3pm Thursday press conference is scheduled. Kelsey with a 5-year deal is expected.

Terence Oglesby just guested, claiming it's actually sliding into a good hire, against the co-hosts who were all unconfident process producing bad optics all around, that the AD seemed like he didn't have everything lined up.

Main point is that stratospheric buyouts were not going to be paid, which foreclosed all big name guys (Oates, Pearl mentioned), except for if Drew had said yes, "They'd have found the money."

Reaction Score

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Charleston finished 100th at Kenpom, with an awful defense. This makes more sense than Pitino jr though.

Reaction Score
I don’t like the Charleston job opening up.

Oh boy. I would love this for Luke. Probably the only departure that wouldn’t ruin my
mood. It helps that it is my alma mater and favorite city but I think Charleston would be a great fit and would springboard Luke to a big time job real quick. Trilly mentioned hearing that CofC NIL is about a million which is very good compared to their peers. His dad lived there when I was going to school so I imagine Luke is very familiar with the city.

Reaction Score
Picking up a mid major coach is always a crapshoot. Lots of “cant miss” guys do. Especially guys that go from lower mid-majors. Guys have a couple og good years in the CAA or the MAAC and suddenly they are coaching in a power conference against Established coaches and you find it much tougher. Some guys can do it, but it really is a crapshoot.

Reaction Score
I get all this, but the guy is only 41. Hurley was pretty much just starting out at that age. Plus, it's not like any of those jobs were all that desirable.

It'd be a risk to hire him, but he could also be the next Kyle Shanahan. It's hard to know with these things.
More proof why it's good to follow DH's career path.
If you've never run a program, have limited head coaching experience, but get a big job because your last name is Pitino that path may not be the best.

Reaction Score
This keep playing and winning until everyone finishes their coaching search thing is proving to be highly effective. They can’t keep getting away with this!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom