Coaching Carousel and Rumors | The Boneyard

Coaching Carousel and Rumors

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Enfield seems to be on the way to SMU, heard some rumors this morning and now some are reporting it:

Let’s see that carousel move!

Reaction Score
Most of the semi-big moves happened after Dusty May went to UMich.

Still waiting on Kentucky to decide on Cal... And then there's Louisville

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Interesting…I mean, dad did win a title.

Reaction Score
Enfield seems to be on the way to SMU, heard some rumors this morning and now some are reporting it:

Let’s see that carousel move!

Enfield really stole a living off of Dunk City.

Also saw that Kyle Smith is going to Stanford. He must be a sucker for pain. Columbia, San Francisco, Wazzu and now Stanford is a hell of a career path.

Reaction Score
if you're a Louisville fan I don't know how you get enthused for this

Yeah. Tells you how far that program has fallen in esteem if that's where they have to go.

Chris Mack seemed like a slam dunk hire, and then it's just been mostly a disaster for the last 4+ years with real internal issues.

Good. Let Louisville continue to suck forever.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
loserville downfall continues
Sam Adams Atlas GIF by BostonDynamics

Reaction Score
As it should be. They have done a great job here and deserve the promotion and dollars. The Hurley coaching tree will continue to grow. Better to have guys that other teams want.
Good players are gonna leave, good coaches are gonna leave. Can't begrudge them their opportunity.

Reaction Score

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

As mentioned here on this thread, Charleston is exactly the type of job that would be a perfect first step spot for Young/Murray.

Passionate program and fanbase and they got the $$$ even though they are in the CAA. Kelsey's extension was from last spring was five-year contract worth 1.1 million in annual salary, which included 600k base salary and a whopping 500k from "private dollars".

Sounds like an awesome place to coach and a great place to live.

This morning WLKY-TV reported that UL was talking with Richard Pitino. Two hours ago, Pitino pulled his name out from consideration. In the same time frame, Kelsey's name was reinvigorated, as well as the reason given for Pitino to pull out.

A half hour ago, the city's lead newspaper Courier-Journal reported that Kelsey is "expected."

Other than it being my current local market, I don't follow things much, though a UL fan I asked yesterday said, "I do NOT want Huggins," and I hadn't heard his name up until then.

Also, reports said that the Indiana State coach was removed from consideration because he signed a Memorandum of Understanding that he'd being going to St Louis after the NIT was completed. He signed that MoU because he thought he was out of the running at UL.

Kelsey has seemed like the 3rd name through. Drew staying at Baylor, and May going to Michigan makes it more of an orderly process than some reports I've read...but has to be completed for that to hold.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom