Coach Calhoun are you available? | The Boneyard

Coach Calhoun are you available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

First, let me say I think Coach P is a decent man who respects the game of football. It was much easier criticizing Edsall, who I viewed as a phoney.

The poster who said last week that there was little offensive coaching on the sideline between possessions was correct. I sit on he press box side and for years I saw coaching of the opponents OL and never really paid attantion to the UC side. Yesterday I did. For a team that had almost no 1st downs after early in the second quarter - one would think they would get coached up after they reached the sidelines - for the most part that did not happen. They just went and stood at one end of sideline.

Another thing I have noticed all year at games - this team displays little emotion.

Solution - let Coach P go now - and bring in Coach Calhoun as an interim
- get him out of KO's hair. Just his emotion alone would win some games.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
This sounds ridiculous- probably because it IS ridiculous.

But if Jim Calhoun took this team over and let assistants (anyone but GDL on offense) determine strategy he would probably win just as many games as our current coach. I'm almost convinced of that.

Reaction Score
First, let me say I think Coach P is a decent man who respects the game of football. It was much easier criticizing Edsall, who I viewed as a phoney.

The poster who said last week that there was little offensive coaching on the sideline between possessions was correct. I sit on he press box side and for years I saw coaching of the opponents OL and never really paid attantion to the UC side. Yesterday I did. For a team that had almost no 1st downs after early in the second quarter - one would think they would get coached up after they reached the sidelines - for the most part that did not happen. They just went and stood at one end of sideline.

Another thing I have noticed all year at games - this team displays little emotion.

Solution - let Coach P go now - and bring in Coach Calhoun as an interim
- get him out of KO's hair. Just his emotion alone would win some games.
I would say the defense displays emotion most of the game, then loses it when they realize that the offense isn't gonna help them out

C

Chief00

I did see some emotion on the defense early on - the 4 and outs wear the defense down after awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom