CNNSI/Inside the head of a scout on the NBA draft | The Boneyard

CNNSI/Inside the head of a scout on the NBA draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting read - a couple interesting snippets regards JL/AD and some others. The guy has some interesting takes - credible from my standpoint.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../06/25/NBA-draft/index.html?eref=twitter_feed

Jeremy Lamb, 6-5 guard, UConn:
"That kid can really play. His facial appearance and body language makes it appear that he doesn't care, but he does. His body is no worse than Rip Hamilton's was. When he played for the under-19 team in Lithuania, it was a tough final game, and he was the best player on the floor. It wasn't even close. He had a tough year at UConn, but it's not his fault he had to play with Napier and Boatright."

That one didn't exactly sound so fond of our 2012 back court.

Dion Waiters, 6-4 guard, Syracuse:
"I'm a big fan. He's Dwyane Wade-ish. I don't know if he's pure enough to be a two, but he's just a baller. And he definitely has a little toughness in him. The only drawback is he's a little small, but he's thick, and he's a surly guy. He'll be an East Coast version of Rodney Stuckey. I would take him over Jeremy Lamb five times a day."

Reaction Score
I don't see Waiters being all that great in the league, shot isn't that great or consistent and it isn't as easy bumrushing to the rim in the NBA when you're not going against small college SGs. Rodney Stuckey isn't really all that good anyway, would be a 3rd or 4th guard on good teams, he's put up decent numbers on bad teams while shooting a low percentage.

Reaction Score
That's interesting. The quote on Lamb now leaves out the part about Bazz and Boat and concludes with "He had a tough year at UConn, but it's not his fault."

It's apparent that among last year's chemistry issues, backcourt friction between Lamb and Bazz was a big part. I wonder if it was more of an on-court conflict (who wants to take the last shot sort of thing) or an off-court deal (Bazz being a vocal, high-energy guy vs. Lamb being a chill, relaxed guy).

Reaction Score
Aceboon, I respect your NBA knowledge. Where do you see Drummond and Lamb going and how do you see them doing in the league?

Reaction Score
Interesting read - a couple interesting snippets regards JL/AD and some others. The guy has some interesting takes - credible from my standpoint.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../06/25/NBA-draft/index.html?eref=twitter_feed

Jeremy Lamb, 6-5 guard, UConn:

"That kid can really play. His facial appearance and body language makes it appear that he doesn't care, but he does. His body is no worse than Rip Hamilton's was. When he played for the under-19 team in Lithuania, it was a tough final game, and he was the best player on the floor. It wasn't even close. He had a tough year at UConn, but it's not his fault he had to play with Napier and Boatright."

That one didn't exactly sound so fond of our 2012 back court.

Dion Waiters, 6-4 guard, Syracuse:

"I'm a big fan. He's Dwyane Wade-ish. I don't know if he's pure enough to be a two, but he's just a baller. And he definitely has a little toughness in him. The only drawback is he's a little small, but he's thick, and he's a surly guy. He'll be an East Coast version of Rodney Stuckey. I would take him over Jeremy Lamb five times a day."

weird, I just read the article, the last line of the Lamb review ended with "its not his fault." the Napier and Boatright line must have been taken out..

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Maybe CNNSI realized it was a low blow to single out for criticism only two currently enrolled college athletes (both of whom, of course, happen to play for us).

Is it me or are those heights generous? Did Harkless really measure 6'9" with shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom