Clingan declares for the NBA | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Clingan declares for the NBA

Reaction Score
Fortunate to get some autographs and photos with him last year at the NIL event at Glastonbury's RED FOX Restaurant. Very pleasant and friendly guy.

Best of luck at the next kevel Donovan

Reaction Score
Rip was always my favorite UConn player, I think Donovan eclipsed him. Absolutely love our hometown hero and UConn legend.

He's going to be a really good NBA player. He's known for his incredible defense but people will find out more about his passing and shooting in the league. So happy for Donovan and his dad Bill!
USATSI_22961228.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm having trouble not using hyperbole here.

Per minute, likely the best player to ever play for UConn.

A local kid. An amazing story. A UConn legend.

Go dominate the pros so that everyone realizes how insane 2024 UConn was.

Reaction Score
Patrick Ewing was not an outside shooter in college and it was only after years in the NBA that his shooting range was extended. We know already that Clingan will develop that. He just never had the opportunity in our offense, which BTW was fine. If he plays on an NBA team with another monster he could play the 4.
I thank Donovan for coming here and making 5 and 6 possible for us! Best of luck to him.

Reaction Score
CT kid, two years, two titles, lottery pick, arguably the second most valuable player in the country at the end of this season. What a legend.

It's crazy to think he's already done in Storrs. It felt like we watched his HS highlights and anticipated his arrival for five years. I remember walking past him at the UConn/Memphis game at the XL Center (when Akok tore his Achilles). A mountain of a kid at 16. He exceeded expectations; no one really knew what we were getting because you never can tell with big men prospects. I wouldn't be surprised he winds up on the wall in a few years.

Reaction Score
No surprise, just glad he was quick in his announcement. He was our homegrown CT star that made his State University a powerhouse!

Mission Accomplished, now go get beat up learning the pro-game and get paid will making your mark. We all know you are CT/UConn through and through.

Future is so bright, sunglasses do no good.

Reaction Score
If you feel you're ready and you're a Top 10 pick, you have to go. Risk of injury before cashing in is too great and the money is too lucrative. Even if a Top 10 guy doesn't have a great career, they're set for life. I'm sure he's torn because he loves college and this team.

Edit: this also helps the staff with recruiting and portal moves. Omoruyi is on the clock.

Reaction Score
Always the only decision, of course.

However, the NBA game is the virtual antithesis of UConn. It's a business, selling star product to generate revenue. It's about individuals, not teams (with rare exceptions). Gotta get those "Top 10's" on Sports Center.

No more in evidence than the outstanding ESPN documentary on Bill Walton, "The Luckiest Man in the World," specifically his last years in Portland. For me, the NBA product is virtually unwatchable. Skip three quarters, watch the last 5 minutes, call it a day. At least from my background, growing up with the Frazier-Reed championship Knicks, present in MSG for the entire Jordan Bulls vs the Ewing Knicks series.

College, though, is a sort of idyllic environment, playing more for the love of the game, surrounded by peers on campus, shared experience in the classroom, away from the court. Competing priorities in pursuit of a degree (or at least academic qualification) in addition to a national championship.

Sort of a last shot at it, before it all gets real. Hopefull a long, healthy career, offering everything he's ever dreamed. But, also, no shade for those who exhaust their college eligibility for turning pro either.

Reaction Score
In a completely predictable turn of events, this has led to a massive influx of the world’s dumbest Facebook comments from people who have very strong opinions, yet do not remotely understand the NBA or seemingly the game of basketball as a whole.

Reaction Score
We really about to have two top 5 picks
I know this isn’t a great draft, but for all people who say UConn wasn’t as talented as other teams, 2 top 5 picks and likely all of the starting 5 will play in an nba game in their life. That’s rare.

Last time this draft was so bad Giannis and Jokic were in it. Just ignore draft niks as far as quality. It’s a deep draft, but no sure thing stars at top.

Reaction Score
In a completely predictable turn of events, this has led to a massive influx of the world’s dumbest Facebook comments from people who have very strong opinions, yet do not remotely understand the NBA or seemingly the game of basketball as a whole.
Did we get the “he’s not ready” mantra? Lol.

Poe

Reaction Score
Congrats! Warrior and two time champ. Thank you Donovan.
We’ve had two top 3 picks, so this is nothing. Just kidding, two top 5 picks would be incredible on top of the back to back championships.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom