Clearly UCONN is not thinking smalltime | The Boneyard

Clearly UCONN is not thinking smalltime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2012/10/donors-contribute-24-million-for-new-basketball-center-at-uconn/

I know that no matter what happens, change will not occur quickly enough for some of you. But the fact that this much money was raised this quickly (internally they thought it was going to take much longer) shows that a) they take key sports very seriously and b) they know how to fundraise.

I'm going to support the team no matter what, trusting that Warde and Herbst will get it right. They know that without success and excitement nobody will write checks.

Reaction Score
http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2012/10/donors-contribute-24-million-for-new-basketball-center-at-uconn/

I know that no matter what happens, change will not occur quickly enough for some of you. But the fact that this much money was raised this quickly (internally they thought it was going to take much longer) shows that a) they take key sports very seriously and b) they know how to fundraise.

I'm going to support the team no matter what, trusting that Warde and Herbst will get it right. They know that without success and excitement nobody will write checks.

That was fast. How come Hathaway could never move this ball forward. This is a big deal. I hope this gets out in the media,

Reaction Score
My first thought is what a shame it is that JC will never sit behind a desk or run a practice in this beautiful facility. We owe a lot to that man!!

Reaction Score
Awesome! But...our problem is not the round ball.

Guess Shenkman isn't going to provide the money for any buy-outs so some other sugar daddy better ante up. Not seeing Burton opening the checkbook either.

Reaction Score
Guess Shenkman isn't going to provide the money for any buy-outs so some other sugar daddy better ante up. Not seeing Burton opening the checkbook either.
yup, probably right.

Reaction Score
Maybe nobody has asked him yet. I believe that if the money were the only impediment it would get done. Unless anyone has "actual" information that the buyout is preventing Warde from making a change...in which case I'd like to hear it.

Reaction Score
I don't know the guy from Adam, but I think most guys in his position would enjoy the ego stroke of being asked to undo a mistake he predicted. Who knows if that would result in cash, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

Reaction Score
When has he funded a buy-out in the past?

I think he means with looking for a coach... And he doesn't like Paul Pasqualoni so I am thinking that he wouldn't mind funding the money to get him out of here!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
did burton foot the bill for cuse years ago?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Anyone wonder if UConn has decided to go all-in on bball and just let football run its course ala Duke? Yeah yeah, Duke is 5-whatever but it's a blip. This thread makes it sound like UConn knows bball is its strength and is happy to just have a FBS football team. I know PP won't get fired during the season but December will be a clearer viewpoint on where this university stands on it's sports programs. I'm hoping I'm getting the wrong feeling from all this.

Reaction Score
Anyone wonder if UConn has decided to go all-in on bball and just let football run its course ala Duke? Yeah yeah, Duke is 5-whatever but it's a blip. This thread makes it sound like UConn knows bball is its strength and is happy to just have a FBS football team. I know PP won't get fired during the season but December will be a clearer viewpoint on where this university stands on it's sports programs. I'm hoping I'm getting the wrong feeling from all this.

I think that changed when Herbst hired Warde since he is a football guy!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'd be curious on Mr. Burton's thoughts on the coaching landscape and who he would like to see in here. Because if he's going to kick in a large sum of money, he's darn well going to want the AD's ear when reviewing candidates. And that's not to say that Warde would ever blindly listen to Burton. But... he's going to want to be a part of the process...

Reaction Score
When has he funded a buy-out in the past?

Burton was willing to help with buyouts of existing coaches when Edsall left, in order to allow the next coach ( not Pasqualoni ) to have his own staff top to bottom. Our wonderful AD didn't return the phone calls...

Reaction Score
I'd be curious on Mr. Burton's thoughts on the coaching landscape and who he would like to see in here. Because if he's going to kick in a large sum of money, he's darn well going to want the AD's ear when reviewing candidates. And that's not to say that Warde would ever blindly listen to Burton. But... he's going to want to be a part of the process...

Burton wanted Addazio, doubt anything has changed.

Reaction Score
I think he means with looking for a coach... And he doesn't like Paul Pasqualoni so I am thinking that he wouldn't mind funding the money to get him out of here!

"Wouldn't mind" and actually ponying up a few mil are two didn't things. ,

Reaction Score
Burton was willing to help with buyouts of existing coaches when Edsall left, in order to allow the next coach ( not Pasqualoni ) to have his own staff top to bottom. Our wonderful AD didn't return the phone calls...

Source or speculation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak