Classic Highlights - 1996 Big East Final - UConn vs Georgetown | The Boneyard

Classic Highlights - 1996 Big East Final - UConn vs Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Enjoyed the highlights. Great game although it was as good as it gets for the Huskies that year. I thought I heard Dickie V. say at the end that it was our first Big East championship? If so, how could he have made such an error? I have always admired his professionalism ;)

Reaction Score
What Dicky V said was "their first BE championship with this group of people"...still a strangely constructed sentence.

Thompson really blew it in those late possessions by taking the air out of the ball and then depending on Iverson to go one on one with Ricky M. as the shot clock ran down...I'll never forget this game..I was watching it on our TV in the bedroom. My wife walked in as Travis fouled out and we fell behind by double digits. My wife said "what's wrong with them?"....the whole game changed at that point thanks to Ricky, Kirk.....and my wife. :)

Reaction Score
Ricky Moore was unreal in this game, he completely locked up Iverson and was driving to the bucket for hoops, Kirk King was also great. Still think we had a great chance of winning it all if Ricky didn't get hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom