Chris Webber picking Kevin Ollie | The Boneyard

Chris Webber picking Kevin Ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes those were his exact words, "I played with Kevin Ollie and I like him so I gotta go with Kevin Ollie."

WOW!!! Stellar insight from another hoopster turned talking head. I guess we can all breathe a huge sigh of relief.Chris was actually paying attention when Kevin, the team and several thousand Husky fans turned the Garden into Storrs South. ;)

GO HUSKIES!!!
BEAT THE GATORS!!!
555.jpg

84560701.jpg

Reaction Score
Yes those were his exact words, "I played with Kevin Ollie and I like him so I gotta go with Kevin Ollie."

Only problem is, I don't like Chris Webber. He ruined the Golden St. franchise for a few years.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
The more current and former NBA people that talk up UCONN and Kevin Ollie in particular the better. I realize he wasn't insightful, but he's a known quantity that likes Kevin and is rooting for him. Probably didn't hurt that we took out MSU.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
The more current and former NBA people that talk up UCONN and Kevin Ollie in particular the better. I realize he wasn't insightful, but he's a known quantity that likes Kevin and is rooting for him. Probably didn't hurt that we took out MSU.

I wouldn't mind making a team out of the non-UCONN guys sending Ollie congrats.

Put Iverson at point. King James at shooting guard. Kevin Durant at the 3. Webber at the 4. We just need Shaq to step up.

Reaction Score
Just dug up a quote from this article on the sixers from 06

"If Mo said Kevin Ollie is the point guard, I couldn't be happier," Webber said. "He just reminds me of the Kevin Johnsons, the Derek Fishers … he's the guy if you're picking a team in the park you wouldn't even look at him, but if you want to win, [he's a guy] you have to have. A great role player is way more valuable than a player that could be good on a talented team … Kevin Ollie's a leader, and I'll follow him."

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Webber's last comment says it all "Ollie's a leader, and I'll follow him." Interesting to me is that I get the feeling the team might say the same thing about Coach Ollie and the football team might say the same thing about Coach Diaco. Those are the kinds of people you want leading your teams and shaping young men.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
I'll be happy when THAT Chris Webber commercial is over! Do they really need to play it TWICE during EVERY commercial break? Annoying... Ugh...

But this is mojo because everytime it's on I'll think about how we will win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01