Chris Clarke (Committed to Virginia Tech) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Chris Clarke (Committed to Virginia Tech)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Im so conflicted... if he was 2 inches taller hes a must sign. He's a 6'4ish small forward with no jump shot and questionable handle but has a relentless motor and crazy ups. Also hes certainty a 4 year player. Probably a good college player as an upper classman not an nba player unless he develops a consistent jump shot and can handle the ball in the half court.

Reaction Score
He kind of reminds me of Denham Brown. Similar body type, seems like sort of a "little bit of everything" type of guy.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He plays like Jeff Adrien in Denham Brown's body.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He plays like a "basketball player"…….one I would want on my team. Don't care about who he plays like or how big he is, he plays the game the way it's supposed to be played and you can't keep guys like that off the court!

I know others have mentioned it too but he's that prototypical Cincy or Marquette kid that drives opposing fans crazy.

Reaction Score
Looks like a versatile defender and great athlete. realllllllly needs to work on his shot mechanics/footwork/release, because he's all over the place and that is a longgg/hitchy release.

But if he can rebound i'd take him as a glue-guy in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
At 2:24 of the video the way he powers his way in and bounces that guy off of him, i love that part of his game. It's been a while since we've had people able to force their way to the hole.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Looks like a versatile defender and great athlete. realllllllly needs to work on his shot mechanics/footwork/release, because he's all over the place and that is a longgg/hitchy release.

But if he can rebound i'd take him as a glue-guy in a heartbeat.

He actually has a very good release and follow through, and he has perfect rotation on his shot. I agree though, it is ugly getting there, and if he ever wants to be able to get shots off quickly or shoot off the dribble, he needs to change his stroke.

Reaction Score
He actually has a very good release and follow through, and he has perfect rotation on his shot. I agree though, it is ugly getting there, and if he ever wants to be able to get shots off quickly or shoot off the dribble, he needs to change his stroke.

It's not a ton different than Rashad just lower and more side of the head……turns out to have a nice touch despite some ugliness maybe? if indeed he can get to the rim when he wants he will have more time to shoot the ball at times. ……looks like a player you just have to root for and wants to be real good. Having now seen what his coach is saying in regards to UConn and PT early if he does select UConn it makes him even better than I thought. All the others are showing him the court right away while they do see a crowd un his way at UConn. He seems to love a challenge and likes to win so we'll see…..

Reaction Score
http://hardwoodhoopscentral.com/this-is-our-summer-eybl-player-breakdown-part-3

Chris Clarke (2015 6’6″ 200 lbs. Cape Henry): If you had to draft a team just on intensity and going hard, Clarke would be hard to pass up number one overall. His motor is top notch and so is his aggression when he’s in attack mode– which seems to be every play. While we praise his motor, it will also be important for Chris to play more under control. Clarke is a skilled and athletic transition small forward who can either create above the rim or finish at the rim through contact. As quiet as it’s kept, he even showed some ability to find open teammates with some nice open court passing. He’s also willing rebounder who can help out on the glass. His shot is streaky at best and that must improve. He will also want to add a mid-range game that he can go to. Chris’ quickness and size at his position make him someone who can guard multiple positions and possibly even develop himself in to a lockdown defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom