Chris Clarke (Committed to Virginia Tech) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Chris Clarke (Committed to Virginia Tech)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Clarke's AAU teammate Justin Robinson just committed to VT, they were once rumored to be a package deal.

Somewhere, at a keyboard far, far away, Zags has a chubby as he furiously types stories about the "great time" recruits are having at all of the schools they visit.

caw

Reaction Score
Clarke pretty much cut VCU as soon as they asked. Had zero interest in VCU, VCU did want him though.

Reaction Score
He's picked up 12 VT predictions over the past 2 days. Now who knows if that means they all know something or if it's like the stock market where once a few flip in one directions the others pile on, so that their track record of correct predictions look outstanding.

I think this whole crystal ball thing is a bunch of BS most of the time. Now in this case, there might be something to it. If we find that he doesn't end up committing to VT anytime soon, we'll know that these predictions are more speculation than insider trading, so to speak.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Good motor on him but I prefer guys like Mack more in college. Always good to have a SF who can create separation and knock down a jumper.

I think Clarke is going to be a good hustle guy with great defense who will probably contribute in all areas in his junior/senior year. Would he cool to see him carrying VT into the tourney in 2017/18.

Reaction Score
Is the Boneyard Blog up to date on recruiting? Still have the entering class listed as 'verbal' vs on-board. No Clarke.

Reaction Score
He's picked up 12 VT predictions over the past 2 days. Now who knows if that means they all know something or if it's like the stock market where once a few flip in one directions the others pile on, so that their track record of correct predictions look outstanding.

I think this whole crystal ball thing is a bunch of BS most of the time. Now in this case, there might be something to it. If we find that he doesn't end up committing to VT anytime soon, we'll know that these predictions are more speculation than insider trading, so to speak.
Crystal ball is right more than they are wrong. Obviously it is a lot easier to be accurate with fewer teams seriously involved with a player and they change their votes at any whim. Would have liked to have had Clark but I prefer a SF who can score from the outside and I don't think Clark is that guy based upon the very little I've seen. Would love to say "welcome Tevin Mack."

Reaction Score
Not a big fan of Buzz but can't deny he's doing well so far at VT. If Clarke's reasoning for not attending UConn was based around playing time, this doesn't really make sense though. VT's 2014 class included 3 wing players all of which were highly rated and around the same size as Clarke (Ahmed Hill being one of them). Maybe he just wanted to stay close to home.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not a big fan of Buzz but can't deny he's doing well so far at VT. If Clarke's reasoning for not attending UConn was based around playing time, this doesn't really make sense though. VT's 2014 class included 3 wing players all of which were highly rated and around the same size as Clarke (Ahmed Hill being one of them). Maybe he just wanted to stay close to home.

Buzz is good, just not great. A school like VT could do a whole lot worse.

Reaction Score
I'm ambivalent about Clarke to VT. He seems like a hardworking kid with a high motor, but I think Mack and especially Jones have much higher ceilings and the latter two have seemed like more likely options throughout their respective recruitments. Mack is the board's flavor of the month but Jones is my preferred pick up; I think that KO can coach up anyone, so in a toss up between two similar players I'd rather have the more athletic one with a higher ceiling and just let KO work his magic.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
You all have a lot more faith in that there crystal ball then I do. A prediction does not a commitment make - even if there are a dozen of them. Granted, it may not look good, but until I hear something more concrete, I'm not counting KO out.

Reaction Score
Next
You may need to "next" him everyday this week. Some people just can't seem to grasp it the first (or second, or third) time.

Reaction Score
You all have a lot more faith in that there crystal ball then I do. A prediction does not a commitment make - even if there are a dozen of them. Granted, it may not look good, but until I hear something more concrete, I'm not counting KO out.
Dude the people on this board best tied into recruiting said it was over for us with Clarke a couple of weeks ago. It's more than just the crystal balls.

Reaction Score
His friend is wearing a Diaco bucket hat. Isn't that a Husky in there?

Reaction Score
Surprised he hasn't announced a decision yet, he wrapped things up a couple of weeks ago. You usually see guys pop relatively soon thereafter.

Reaction Score
If you just go by their rankings, they are "equal catches". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom