Chol Marial #3 in class of 2019 (plays in CT) | The Boneyard

Chol Marial #3 in class of 2019 (plays in CT)

Reaction Score
ESPN came out with its Top 25 Class of 2019 rankings, and he's #3.

7'2 sophomore with an 8ft wingspan, 36in vertical (I'm little skeptical on this one tbh). He has a longer wingspan than anyone in the NBA.

Where's LaMelo Ball? And everything else to know about ESPN 25 rankings

He plays for Cheshire Academy and CBC.

I said I wouldn't be following recruiting anymore after Diallo, but I'm over it. I just won't get my hopes up too high. We should be in this one until the end. Long way to go, but will be one of the best players in the class of 2019. He is getting better and better.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
He would be crazy to go anywhere but Kentucky. Right?
Being originally from South Sudan, I'm of the opinion that Kentucky likely has less of a pull on him vs a similarly talented domestic player.

We need to sell the idea that African big men have a long history of coming to Connecticut and thriving, really only Georgetown that I see on his currently (probably not up to date) offers list can really say the same thing in that regard.

Reaction Score
Being originally from South Sudan, I'm of the opinion that Kentucky likely has less of a pull on him vs a similarly talented domestic player.

We need to sell the idea that African big men have a long history of coming to Connecticut and thriving, really only Georgetown that I see on his currently (probably not up to date) offers list can really say the same thing in that regard.
I'm pretty sure Wenyen Gabriel is originally from Sudan.

Reaction Score

South Sudan? Wow. Must be a tough kid.

Edit: Just to clarify, South Sudan is one of the most continuously war-torn countries in the world. And by "war-torn" I mean barbaric mass killings, genocide, etc.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
South Sudan? Wow. Must be a tough kid.

Edit: Just to clarify, South Sudan is one of the most continuously war-torn countries in the world. And by "war-torn" I mean barbaric mass killings, genocide, etc.

The Dengs, Ater Majok, the infamous John Riek, Thon Maker, there's been a bunch of kids coming out of South Sudan.

Reaction Score
The Dengs, Ater Majok, the infamous John Riek, Thon Maker, there's been a bunch of kids coming out of South Sudan.

Ah forgot about the Dengs being from there! I'd be interested to hear more about their basketball culture. Quite a pipeline they have there.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Ah forgot about the Dengs being from there! I'd be interested to hear more about their basketball culture. Quite a pipeline they have there.
Luol Deng has been heavily involved in bringing basketball to Sudan and England during his time off the court.

Reaction Score
The idea that losing Diallo to Kentucky means we should shy away from recruiting a kid who plays in CT is ludicrous. KO will be on the dude.
Sure, he should TRY. But if he didn't get Diallo, why think he has a chance here? If Kentucky or Duke gets involved, KO has next to zero chance. If given the choice between visiting this kid or the next potential Ray Allen, visit the next Ray. Remember the story about Ray's recruitment...

Reaction Score
Sure, he should TRY. But if he didn't get Diallo, why think he has a chance here? If Kentucky or Duke gets involved, KO has next to zero chance. If given the choice between visiting this kid or the next potential Ray Allen, visit the next Ray. Remember the story about Ray's recruitment...

Always worth a try, some kid and his family will eventually look the other way.

Reaction Score
The idea that losing Diallo to Kentucky means we should shy away from recruiting a kid who plays in CT is ludicrous. KO will be on the dude.

Yes, I agree he will be on this dude. However, he hasn't shown he can reel them in once a UK, Duke, UNC type gets involved and makes them a priority.

Reaction Score
Im not big on recruiting. Only time i get excited about a recruit is when hes officially enrolled. Great name though. Sounds like a character out of Star Wars.

Reaction Score
ESPN came out with its Top 25 Class of 2019 rankings, and he's #3.

7'2 sophomore with an 8ft wingspan, 36in vertical (I'm little skeptical on this one tbh). He has a longer wingspan than anyone in the NBA.

Where's LaMelo Ball? And everything else to know about ESPN 25 rankings

He plays for Cheshire Academy and CBC.

I said I wouldn't be following recruiting anymore after Diallo, but I'm over it. I just won't get my hopes up too high. We should be in this one until the end. Long way to go, but will be one of the best players in the class of 2019. He is getting better and better.

I know the associate dean of students very well over there at Cheshire Academy. I'm gonna give her a call to get the lowdown.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Might be the best player in the class, would be a dream to land him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom