China League Streaming? | The Boneyard

China League Streaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Anyone know if any sites stream these games?

BG's team had six of its players suspended after refusing to practice as protest to reported abuse by the coach. Sounds like a bad situation for that team. Not sure if he knows that BG has a nice right hook.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Thought that BG would be dominating this league..but looked at her first games stats and she only had 9 points in 34 mins, and it looked like Syl Fowles schooled her too going off for 35 points, and 20 boards.

I thought BG would be doing what Liz Cambage is doing....Cambage's first game she had 43 points, on 19 of 19 shooting.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Hard to judge on this game as 6 of BG's teammates were unavailable for the game. Syl shot 30 times...BG got 8 shot attempts. Sounds similar to Phoenix where the guards and forwards want to do all the shooting.

I am truly thinking that BG needs to just become a selfish player and shoot every time she touches the ball like many other pros tend to do.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Hard to judge on this game as 6 of BG's teammates were unavailable for the game. Syl shot 30 times...BG got 8 shot attempts. Sounds similar to Phoenix where the guards and forwards want to do all the shooting.

I am truly thinking that BG needs to just become a selfish player and shoot every time she touches the ball like many other pros tend to do.
I think she needs to be on a well coached team - she will probably never again be on a team that so completely focuses on her offensively as Baylor did, because presumably her teammates will be more skilled in the pros than in college. But she does need to play in a system that works through her on most offensive sets. I do think Kim's/her failure to really work on extending her range to the foul line was a disservice to her transition to the pros - in the pros she will consistently be facing centers capable of strong defense if all they have to worry about is an 8 foot area around the basket.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think she needs to be on a well coached team - she will probably never again be on a team that so completely focuses on her offensively as Baylor did, because presumably her teammates will be more skilled in the pros than in college. But she does need to play in a system that works through her on most offensive sets. I do think Kim's/her failure to really work on extending her range to the foul line was a disservice to her transition to the pros - in the pros she will consistently be facing centers capable of strong defense if all they have to worry about is an 8 foot area around the basket.

I said the same thing for a long time. BG has many more skills than any coach to date has let her use. Can you imagine if all Garnett did was try to post up. BG has a very nice stroke from 15 in but has never been told to step out and just let it fly.

Maybe the new coach in Phoenix will try develop BG as a more all around offensive threat. No player past college is going to thrive by being a post-up only player.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Game two for BG in China she goes 12-16 from the field and scores 29 points. A little more like what I expected. Also averaging 6 blocks. The next best shot blocker has 2.5 per games after two games.

It really is simple...get her the ball and she will score. Hopefully her teammates will realize this and keep feeding her the ball.

Last edited:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Game two for BG in China she goes 12-16 from the field and scores 29 points. A little more like what I expected. Also averaging 6 blocks. The next best shot blocker has 2.5 per games after two games.

It really is simple...get her the ball and she will score. Hopefully her teammates will realize this and keep feeding her the ball.

That's more like it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc