Chicago Sky @ Atlanta Dream 7-13-2014 | The Boneyard

Chicago Sky @ Atlanta Dream 7-13-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That was a great game yesterday that went into overtime. Atlanta played well even though they had played the night before and seemed tired. Tiffany Hayes played a big part in the game taking fouls and making big shots. Shoni played sparingly but still got in a few minutes.

Chicago was playing pretty physically (probably trying to compensate for not having EDD or Vandersloot) and kept it close until the OT.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
rvwsleep said:
Interesting that with 12 teams in the league, only 3 are above .500.

I was just saying to somebody that I am enjoying watching the games more, and more I think the teams are closer in talent all though granted some have more than others.

The outcomes are not always obvious and there's been some pretty hard fought battles for the W. Injuries resulting in the coming and going of players are a huge factor as well. At the end of the day someone has to win and someone has to lose. noted that the teams that are losing are losing a lot of close games. That doesn't make them a lesser teams except that they need to learn how to close out a game.

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Really frustrating weekend for the Sky. Played Phoenix very close but faded down the stretch, thanks in part to turnovers on consecutive possessions by Quigley.

Last night Piph misses the would-be go-ahead free throw and then Syl somehow misses an easy layup at the buzzer.

If only Chicago had a premier scorer with a history of winning games at the buzzer, near-perfect free throw shooting, and, um two last names.

It's heartening to see that Chicago can compete without Sloot and EDD against two of the best teams in the league, but they've got to find ways to finish things out.

Reaction Score
Really frustrating weekend for the Sky. Played Phoenix very close but faded down the stretch, thanks in part to turnovers on consecutive possessions by Quigley.

Last night Piph misses the would-be go-ahead free throw and then Syl somehow misses an easy layup at the buzzer.

If only Chicago had a premier scorer with a history of winning games at the buzzer, near-perfect free throw shooting, and, um two last names.

It's heartening to see that Chicago can compete without Sloot and EDD against two of the best teams in the league, but they've got to find ways to finish things out.
I like Quigley's game. She's kind of like Tolliver in that she's capable of having big games. When and if EDD and Vandersloot come back then they could be a factor in the playoffs.

Any word on EDD?

Breland throwing that ball away on the last possession didn't help either.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I like Quigley's game. She's kind of like Tolliver in that she's capable of having big games. When and if EDD and Vandersloot come back then they could be a factor in the playoffs.

Any word on EDD?

Breland throwing that ball away on the last possession didn't help either.

Absolutely no word on EDD, sadly.

And yeah, lots of blame to go around, especially re the Atlanta game.

Reaction Score
Did you guys notice during that one point late in the game where Angel looked like she was going to start a tantrum and Celine yelled at her, grabbing her and pulling her into the huddle?

Reaction Score
I watched the entire game also and yes Tiff really is a terrific winner. She's aggressive and that's what every pro needs to be. As Geno said , it's a simple game. It's all about putting the ball in the hoop. That's why I get so mad at Kelly Faris. You can not possibly play eleven minutes and not take one shot. I'm not sure if she still has the college mentality but jeez how can you not be expected to be released. Next year there will be another 12 players that will take roster spots.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Syl really blew that one at the end, missing the shot from right under the basket.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Did you guys notice during that one point late in the game where Angel looked like she was going to start a tantrum and Celine yelled at her, grabbing her and pulling her into the huddle?
Interesting. Celine is very experienced and tough.

Tiff is not yet to an All-Star level of performance, but she's a key starter for one of the best teams in the league. She's playing really good ball.

Reaction Score
Interesting. Celine is very experienced and tough.

Tiff is not yet to an All-Star level of performance, but she's a key starter for one of the best teams in the league. She's playing really good ball.

Tiff has a long way to go until she reaches Shoni's level.

Reaction Score
I watched the entire game also and yes Tiff really is a terrific winner. She's aggressive and that's what every pro needs to be. As Geno said , it's a simple game. It's all about putting the ball in the hoop. That's why I get so mad at Kelly Faris. You can not possibly play eleven minutes and not take one shot. I'm not sure if she still has the college mentality but jeez how can you not be expected to be released. Next year there will be another 12 players that will take roster spots.

Hayes has the veteran experience so that's why she and Thomas are getting the minutes now. Hayes is the perfect shooting guard for this team. Making the drives and getting fouled (OK as long as she doesn't get injured) and sometimes getting hot with the three pointers.

I saw some bad shots taken by Douglas (they were three pointers and would've been good shots if she made them). Bone is missing shots right at the basket again. Faris needs to make some drives and at least get to the foul line when she's in there- especially at home games. The UCONN fans will get behind her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom