Charlie Creme's Lastest Top 16 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Charlie Creme's Lastest Top 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Duke is one of those teams that always gets the benefit of the doubt. Unless they lose in the first round of the ACCT, they will be in, imo.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Umm maybe...

B7FnnZMCUAAhjRX.jpg:large
Studio Ball at its finest!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Quality wins: Fla St, @NC St, @Miami, vs Washington (neutral).
Bad losses: @UNC.

I think they definitely are in the mix for a 4 seed.

Definitely in the mix. The convincing win over Florida State was really big for them. I think it's really neck-and-neck between them and DePaul for the final 4 seed. DePaul gets the clear edge in quality wins (including a road win at Texas A&M) but is also heavier in the loss column. DePaul's stronger OOC schedule should help them as well.

Plebe

Reaction Score
1-9 against top 50 rpi. Not good. The committee will overlook some quality losses, but at 1-9, hard to make the case that it can win against NCAA quality teams.

They need some ACC tourney wins.

Especially not good since their only top-50 win is over Penn, a team that probably wouldn't get an at-large bid. After that their next-best win is over #65 Army.

To have any hope of getting in, Duke needs to get Azurá Stevens back and make a very strong showing against Notre Dame in the ACC tournament, AND hope that other bubble teams falter.

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...osses-shake-bottom-half-ncaa-committee-top-10

Who would have thought at the beginning of the year that both Kentucky and Syracuse would host games.
Wonder what the attendance will be like in Syracuse if they host?:)
Seeing what The Orange draws per game (752) Stewie alone could double that. If the match up should happen the UConn brand should easily make the number something of a love hate thing in their house.
Wow what a crowd we have tonight,....................... but they are all rooting for the other team. ;)
http://cuse.com/cumestats.aspx?path=wbasket&year=2015

Plebe

Reaction Score
Java, I was thinking the exact same thing..To see UConn matched up against Syracuse. Just to see how The Orange would try to weasel out of that one. To see Stewie get a Homecoming in spite of Syracuse not wanting to play The Huskies earlier in the regular season ; To see the interaction between coaches at pregame ; To see if , given the chance , if UConn pulls its starter late if up by a large margin.

Yep , this would be an interesting Regional if the pairings come to past.

I'm not aware of this backstory. Did UConn try to schedule Syracuse only to be declined?

Reaction Score
I like because UCONN would avoid FSU in favor of Syracuse and get Arizona State instead of Maryland.
Coco, not sure of how to word this as I don't mean anything cross. You are obviously a true fan. You have over 2500 posts in your first year here and you convey likes to many and often. Having said that I will say on this one we will have to agree to disagree.
There is NO reason a UConn team should care who they play next! We are 10 championships deep and way beyond the pettiness of hoping for a easy bracket to avoid a possible upset. That mindset is for losers, we are at the level of ANYONE ANYWHERE ANYTIME.
Sorry to yell but a cake walk to a NC is not what we or the game needs. That or the way one would want this to play out as a long time fan or even the team for that fact. Bring on FSU, Maryland and anybody else. The word avoid is not in the UConn vocabulary....Just say'n.....

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Seeing what The Orange draws per game (752) Stewie alone could double that. If the match up should happen the UConn brand should easily make the number something of a love hate thing in their house.
Wow what a crowd we have tonight,........ but they are all rooting for the other team. ;)
http://cuse.com/cumestats.aspx?path=wbasket&year=2015

I think I missed something; can you not play your first 2 rounds in Storrs because the Regional is in Bridgeport?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm not aware of this backstory. Did UConn try to schedule Syracuse only to be declined?
Yes. They wanted a homecoming game for Stewie. Syracuse turned them down. That's why UCONN ended up playing Colgate.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Coco, not sure of how to word this as I don't mean anything cross. You are obviously a true fan. You have over 2500 posts in your first year here and you convey likes to many and often. Having said that I will say on this one we will have to agree to disagree.
There is NO reason a UConn team should care who they play next! We are 10 championships deep and way beyond the pettiness of hoping for a easy bracket to avoid a possible upset. That mindset is for losers, we are at the level of ANYONE ANYWHERE ANYTIME.
Sorry to yell but a cake walk to a NC is not what we or the game needs. That or the way one would want this to play out as a long time fan or even the team for that fact. Bring on FSU, Maryland and anybody else. The word avoid is not in the UConn vocabulary....Just say'n.....
Sure we shouldn't be afraid of anyone, BUT, we've already played FSU and Maryland. Be nice to play someone different. Give other teams a chance to be in our presence. You know, feel the glow. :cool:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wolf perfectly OK if we disagree. I believe in this team and not afraid of anyone. But as Meyers points out we have already played MD and FSU. Both were relatively close games by UCONN standards.

Reaction Score

Yes UConn wanted to schedule a homecoming game for Stewie. Syracuse declined; Colgate accepted.

Much ado about little IMHO.

Consider the optics: local player doesn't choose you, has a brilliant career, comes back and brings hundreds of friends/family/curiosity seekers who come to see her stomp local team. I'm sure that will do wonders for recruiting. And yet everyone seems to think Cuse made a bad decision.

Reaction Score
I think I missed something; can you not play your first 2 rounds in Storrs because the Regional is in Bridgeport?

No. OP is confused.
UConn will play in Storrs and Bridgeport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom