Changing the starting lineup for Big East play.. | The Boneyard

Changing the starting lineup for Big East play..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As much as I love Omar, I think he is over his head right now. He is being overmatched and has made some foolish mistakes. That being said, with the big east schedule looming, I am thinking that a starting lineup of SN, RB, DD, TO and Wolf might work to our advantage. This lineup pushes DD to small forward, which is pretty much where he wants to play and pushes TO to play 10 to 12 feet outside where he is more comfortable. Wolf at center will help with the rebounding and he has the ability to pass out of the post. It just makes sense.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
DD doesn't have the quickness or handle to play the 3. He can be a real asset if he fully commits to the 4 with the ability to hit the open 3.

Reaction Score
As much as I love Omar, I think he is over his head right now. He is being overmatched and has made some foolish mistakes. That being said, with the big east schedule looming, I am thinking that a starting lineup of SN, RB, DD, TO and Wolf might work to our advantage. This lineup pushes DD to small forward, which is pretty much where he wants to play and pushes TO to play 10 to 12 feet outside where he is more comfortable. Wolf at center will help with the rebounding and he has the ability to pass out of the post. It just makes sense.
You are trying to create better rebounding with that lineup and we certainly need that. The problem with Wolf and Olander in the lineup at the same time is that they really limit offense and put even more pressure on Boatright and Napier to score. I think we really have to go with Omar and let him develop on the court. My second choice would be to start Wolf, Giffey and bring Olander off the bench; not crazy about playing Wolf and Olander together.

Reaction Score
DD doesn't have the quickness or handle to play the 3. He can be a real asset if he fully commits to the 4 with the ability to hit the open 3.
IMO he is just too thin and weak to play the 4.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He'll get stronger as he hits the weight room more. At this point he's going to struggle to box out certain PFs, but it'll get better with time.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If you analyze the Big East schedule, we will lose a lot of games just based on rebounding percentages. Cincinnati looks like we're playing a team of 8' giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom