Chances of landing Megan Walker & other 2017 recruits? | The Boneyard

Chances of landing Megan Walker & other 2017 recruits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So what do you guys realistically feel are our chances of landing Megan Walker?

When will she most likely decide?

Any other 2017 recruits look promising for us?

BTW - we have such a special program to follow. It is undoubtedly the best ever (sorry VolNation - u guys are behind UConn now - #facts) & this has been such an amazing run! I am trying very hard to really appreciate what we have & not take it for granted. There will surely be times ahead where we will long for what we have now. Just keep that in mind. GOOOOOO UCONN!!!!!!!!

You guys make the boneyard one hell of a group.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So what do you guys realistically feel are our chances of landing Megan Walker?

When will she most likely decide?

Any other 2017 recruits look promising for us?

BTW - we have such a special program to follow. It is undoubtedly the best ever (sorry VolNation - u guys are behind UConn now - #facts) & this has been such an amazing run! I am trying very hard to really appreciate what we have & not take it for granted. There will surely be times ahead where we will long for what we have now. Just keep that in mind. GOOOOOO UCONN!!!!!!!!

You guys make the boneyard one hell of a group.
Welcome aboard. Lady Vols have been behind UCONN since 2009 not just now.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So Coco does UConn have a chance? Clearly Geno and his assistants are spending time watching her play. There's plenty of room here on the wing. She has a good relationship with Lexi. UConn and Geno teach you how to play and how to win. Monacan is a short plane trip to Storrs. The best practice facility in WBB. The best coach in WBB. The best family atmosphere in WBB. But Maryland will clearly make you the focal point of their offense. There you can be the woman. It's far closer to home. They too have a winning tradition and a fine and very intense coach. Their College Park center looks better inside than Storrs (come on UConn, at least a paint job). Notre Dame too has a fine coach and a great place to play. They've gone to see you play many times. There you'll have a little more creative freedom, and there's plenty of room on the wing and at the 2. They too are have a winning tradition. CC, how's the wind blowing today?

Reaction Score
So Coco does UConn have a chance? Clearly Geno and his assistants are spending time watching her play. There's plenty of room here on the wing. She has a good relationship with Lexi. UConn and Geno teach you how to play and how to win. Monacan is a short plane trip to Storrs. The best practice facility in WBB. The best coach in WBB. The best family atmosphere in WBB. But Maryland will clearly make you the focal point of their offense. There you can be the woman. It's far closer to home. They too have a winning tradition and a fine and very intense coach. Their College Park center looks better inside than Storrs (come on UConn, at least a paint job). Notre Dame too has a fine coach and a great place to play. They've gone to see you play many times. There you'll have a little more creative freedom, and there's plenty of room on the wing and at the 2. They too are have a winning tradition. CC, how's the wind blowing today?
As you stated, the schools mentioned all have something to offer her. My guess she'll go on her official visits in April and make her decision known shortly thereafter.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Geno is not one to waste his time. Geno still going to her games is a clear sign there is still a chance. There is a "Very Wise Woman" who occasional post on this board and when I asked a few months ago "Was UCONN still interested in Megan Walker? I got an affirmative one word response-music to my ears. I disagree with you a little about there being plenty of room at the wing at UCONN. Wing is actually the deepest position on the team with KLS, Gabby, Collier, and Gordon in the works. There is more room at the SG which Megan is perfectly capable of playing. Not that it matters, a player like Walker will make her own room.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Yeah you're right. As two BY's have said the longer it takes the less likely they will choose to be Husky's, and understanding the mind of a teenager is akin to reading tea leaves.

Reaction Score
Geno is not one to waste his time. Geno still going to her games is a clear sign there is still a chance. There is a "Very Wise Woman" who occasional post on this board and when I asked a few months ago "Was UCONN still interested in Megan Walker? I got an affirmative one word response-music to my ears. I disagree with you a little about there being plenty of room at the wing at UCONN. Wing is actually the deepest position on the team with KLS, Gabby, Collier, and Gordon in the works. There is more room at the SG which Megan is perfectly capable of playing. Not that it matters, a player like Walker will make her own room.
Being a wing to me is yiu can play them at multiple positions. Geno just puts players on the floor at there best positions and move them around. Recruiting Megan shouldn't matter if he has AEH or Lexi as wings cus Megan can handle shoot it play in the post. She has an all around game which is the type of players Geno wants.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Being a wing to me is yiu can play them at multiple positions. Geno just puts players on the floor at there best positions and move them around. Recruiting Megan shouldn't matter if he has AEH or Lexi as wings cus Megan can handle shoot it play in the post. She has an all around game which is the type of players Geno wants.
Exactly. If the kid can pass the ball, shoot from long and mid range, and drive to the basket, she's perfect for the UConn offense. Geno LOVES versatile players and rarely recruits a "pure" point or "pure" anything.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
As you stated, the schools mentioned all have something to offer her. My guess she'll go on her official visits in April and make her decision known shortly thereafter.

Seems like many/most schools prefer to do visits in the fall, often coinciding with a big football weekend. So anybody that intends on taking all 5 visits usually doesn't decide until September or October like Lauren Cox.

I'm sure there are counterexamples, but that's been my observation.

JordyG

Reaction Score
You are probably right. I've kinda seen Gordon playing the 2 guard with Gabby continuing to come off the bench as a 3 or 2 guard next year. I also kind of see coach moving to a smart and smaller team for 2018 even if Jade wears Husky blue. But time will confess all. And yes, Walker skews the table.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have never understood the charm of spending Thursday and Friday cooking, wrapping, storing then driving the chuck wagon to the free for all or your $ reserved chuck wagon slot, to then gorge and get blasted before the game, only to bruise your butt on those uncomfortable seats for 3-4 hours, slub out with 25-35K and do the midtown bridge on a Friday afternoon shuffle, BUT I understand that in many places this is counted as a supreme good time and kids who grow up in this culture find it hard to forsake for the sake of basketball.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Seems like many/most schools prefer to do visits in the fall, often coinciding with a big football weekend. So anybody that intends on taking all 5 visits usually doesn't decide until September or October like Lauren Cox.

I'm sure there are counterexamples, but that's been my observation.
UCONN is not big on that football weekend thing in the fall. As an alternative they hold NC parade in the spring- much more impressive IMO.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
UCONN is not big on that football weekend thing in the fall. As an alternative they hold NC parade in the spring- much more impressive IMO.

I get where you're coming from but I'm just stating the facts. If people expect a Walker commitment by May, they could end up disappointed if she holds out to visit other schools.

Reaction Score
I have strong feelings that Christyn Williams will commit to Uconn early next year 2017. She is really good friends with Lexi and is going to play on the same AAU team. She has a pic of Geno office with the 10 trophies. She followers of course Lexi Crystal Megan and AEH. Maybe mean anything but so far it's a good sign

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno figured out something a long time ago. He and his crew are better evaluators of talent than the wanna bes who are trying to make a living at it. The latter make HS AAs, the former make NCAA AAs. Something for those holding offers to think seriously about/on/under/around and through.

JordyG

Reaction Score
If you hear from VWW before me please try to get a little more from CD-MM-SR (VWW). It would be appreciated.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Maryland is going all in for Walker. She's basically the only player they're recruiting from that class.. they're not desperate for numbers so they'll be able to throw all of their resources at Walker. Considering that monster class that'll arrive in the fall.. you add Walker to that the following year and the Terps will be stacked.

They could have a class with just Walker and still be on track because of how well they're recruited the last few years.
I like Maryland here, but ND or UCONN wouldn't be total surprises. The usual suspects... what say you @TerpWomenFan?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Maryland is going all in for Walker. She's basically the only player they're recruiting from that class.. they're not desperate for numbers so they'll be able to throw all of their resources at Walker. Considering that monster class that'll arrive in the fall.. you add Walker to that the following year and the Terps will be stacked.

They could have a class with just Walker and still be on track because of how well they're recruited the last few years.
I like Maryland here, but ND or UCONN wouldn't be total surprises. The usual suspects... what say you @TerpWomenFan?
Though I had heard that MD was all in (leading) for Rellah Boothe who is also the same class as Walker.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Agree..UConn is strong at that position. It also has Andra Espinoza-Hunter coming in 2017, so there's a lot of talent at wing/shooting guard. Like you said, though, a player like a Walker will find a way to be on court and a coaching staff like UConn's will find a way to utilize her and others in the best way possible.

ND has Jackie Young coming in next year to join Arike Ogunbowale and Marina Mabrey and they're pursuing Walker for 2017 as well. I'm sure it would be a challenge Muffet and her coaching staff would love to have if Walker decides to go to South Bend.

As for where she'll ultimately goes, who knows what lurks in the minds and hearts of a teenager? (After the Lauren Cox countdown, I'll just sit and watch....)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Though I had heard that MD was all in (leading) for Rellah Boothe who is also the same class as Walker.

This is true. Completely forgot about Boothe. They have a good shot at her as well, now that I recall it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duke79

Top Bottom