CG Myles Powell (Seton Hall Commit) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

CG Myles Powell (Seton Hall Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Scoring is hard to come by, and this kid give you that. There's obviously times where you won't want him on the court defensively because of mismatches, but there's also scoring droughts where he would be a godsend.

And if he develops his point guard skills, he could be a full PG as a junior or senior. I really want Powell.

Reaction Score
In a vacuum, I may not be as bullish because of the athletic limitations and lack of size. BUT, pair him with two outstanding penetrators in Alterique and Jalen, and he will be WIDE OPEN a lot. As someone mentioned above, even with last year's offensively challenged club, Omar and Sam Jr. had plenty of open looks but really struggled. With the composition of this roster and the way we play multiple points, I love signing a kid like this. He will get the chance to knock down shots.

Some other thoughts:

1) In a big class, you are not getting 6 megastars.

2) This kid is likely a 4-year player and guys that can make shots are at worst solid parts to a 5+ man class. He will be a stabilizing force as an upperclassmen and valuable role player early.

3) From the videos, he can clearly drive to the hoop with some success unlike a 'Shad. Not entirely one-dimensional.

4) Someone indicated he lit it up at elite events, so if he's scoring against the best that is very promising instead of Scottie Harrelson vs. inferior competition.

5) Kid loves UConn, so I'd like to think he fits the lunchpail/hardhat attitude we've been so successful with.

6) Get him with KO running him and his fitness will improve.

Kudos to TCF on this one, I would be thrilled to land this kid!!!

Reaction Score
That's possible, but he was 16 then, so I'd imagine any further growth would be pretty marginal. I'm not saying I don't want the guy, obviously - he's a top-100 guard who can shoot - I just don't think that assuming he comes in and produces like Rashad Anderson is reasonable.
True - I'd be interested to find where D1Circuit gets their measurements from. Probably unofficial, but they had Powell as 6'0 190 in 2014 and 6'3 200 in 2015.

Reaction Score
You don't pass up Top 100 kids who can shoot. I don't want to knock Flowers too much because I'm not too familiar with his game, but I automatically feel uncomfortable taking on kids without any other DI offers.

where would he play then? Three guard lineup with three kids 6'2 and smaller? Sometimes its about the fit especially when filling a role off the bench. We need a shooter but just don't see many minutes for him. And, like so many others who were suppose to be great shooters and didn't pan out what else would he bring to the table if he cant shoot? Seems like his handle, defense, and others skills are not great if he struggles with his shoot.

Reaction Score
where would he play then? Three guard lineup with three kids 6'2 and smaller? Sometimes its about the fit especially when filling a role off the bench. We need a shooter but just don't see many minutes for him. And, like so many others who were suppose to be great shooters and didn't pan out what else would he bring to the table if he cant shoot? Seems like his handle, defense, and others skills are not great if he struggles with his shoot.
I remember AJ, Dyson, Austrie lineups

Reaction Score

Gilbert and Adams gonna play 40 minutes a game? The team needs depth and is going to need multiple guard options going forward since we don't even know how long we're going to have Adams for. Nobody's predicting Powell to come in and start but you need guards behind Gilbert and Adams with the chance that Purvis decides to leave early.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
2) This kid is likely a 4-year player and guys that can make shots are at worst solid parts to a 5+ man class. He will be a stabilizing force as an upperclassmen and valuable role player early.
This! 1,000,000 times this!

It's crucial to have guys like this who'll be around, and who fill such a specific need.

He's not a "live or die" recruit, but this is a guy who will help us win games until 2020. Think about that.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Exactly - he doesn't need to be an All-American.

If he comes here and hits three pointers for the next four years, well, great.

I watched a highlight video from one of the summer camps - it was hard to tell what kind of player he is because all he did for the entire four-minute clip was hit three after three after three after three....there was no room for anything else.

I'm impressed.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I just hope he knows there isn't much playing time his first year. But having another zone buster is never a bad thing

Reaction Score
I just hope he knows there isn't much playing time his first year. But having another zone buster is never a bad thing
Why? Gilbert and Adams aren't playing 40 minutes a game.

Reaction Score

If Purvis leaves, this kid could be competing with Cassell for the first guard off the bench. Which is basically the same position Jalen Adams is in right now.

Reaction Score
yeah powell could earn as a lot of pt, i would hope cassell is cemented as the 6th man by 2016 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom