CD Post-game | The Boneyard

CD Post-game

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Quick interview, but CD seemed very pleased with the effort tonight and how players stepped up.

Saniya was "out of it," first road game
The effort was relentless, particularly Moriah
Defense was really good
Banks played well
Hartley horrendous from the floor but defense was great, including on switches (not a Hartley strength in the past)
Hartley made play after play, did a great job and didn't pout after missing shots.
Team will travel to State College tonight and get ready for Sunday.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I disagree that Hartley was horrendous from the floor. She wasn't making her shots, but the shots she was taking were mostly good ones.

Reaction Score
Yes she missed a lot of shots , but almost all were wide-open looks which she normally makes.

Reaction Score
I disagree that Hartley was horrendous from the floor. She wasn't making her shots, but the shots she was taking were mostly good ones.
Hartley, Bria.......fg 4-21 3pt fg 0-11 Those numbers make it horrendous shooting even though they were good open looks plus some were early in the shot clock when they had a double digit lead. Make them and they are good shots but miss that many...horrendous. But other than shooting she was tremednous and we don't win without her overall play and leadership.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Uhhh, quite often 4-21 WITH MANY OPEN LOOKS is a horrendous shooting night period.

Loved the defense, tho!

Reaction Score
Hartley, Bria.......fg 4-21 3pt fg 0-11 Those numbers make it horrendous shooting even though they were good open looks plus some were early in the shot clock when they had a double digit lead. Make them and they are good shots but miss that many...horrendous. But other than shooting she was tremednous and we don't win without her overall play and leadership.
Agree, needs just a little arc.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In the Stanford game highlights, Bria's 3-pointer looked very good, with lots of arc.

Reaction Score
In the Stanford game highlights, Bria's 3-pointer looked very good, with lots of arc.
Agreed that the arc was better in earlier games. Maybe the minutes caught up with her tonight but she was rather stubborn for a couple of minutes there when she just kept hoisting the threes and they were not really close.

Reaction Score
It's not fair to say that Bria only hit 30% last year. Everyone knows she was never right after hurting her ankle, and she has always been willing to take the difficult shot. Remember Baylor her freshman year. So she missed a lot of shots. Stanford is what Bria will be like this year. You can count on her.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I thought the trajectory on her deep J was actually good tonight, much like Monday night.

She just couldn't get anything to fall outside of 8 feet......

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I thought the trajectory on her deep J was actually good tonight, much like Monday night.

She just couldn't get anything to fall outside of 8 feet......
That is just the way it is with one's shot some nights. What she didn't do was let it affect the rest of her game.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
That is just the way it is with one's shot some nights. What she didn't do was let it affect the rest of her game.

That's true, and unlike many others, I never yelled at the TV for her to stop shooting :) (maybe I should have). They all seemed like good looks. A couple forced shots on interior drives looking for contact but that's about it. I really had no idea how many she had missed until the final box score was being discussed.

I'll just say that even with all the misses, we needed her in there for the full 40, and she gave it to us.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
That's true, and unlike many others, I never yelled at the TV for her to stop shooting :) (maybe I should have). They all seemed like good looks. A couple forced shots on interior drives looking for contact but that's about it. I really had no idea how many she had missed until the final box score was being discussed.

I'll just say that even with all the misses, we needed her in there for the full 40, and she gave it to us.

Agree, and the worst thing for her is to stop shooting when the shot is in the flow of the offense. We know she's at least a 33% 3 point shooter and if she loses confidence in the shot, it doesn't help the team. Every shooter has bad shooting nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom