CBSSN ain't SNY | Page 3 | The Boneyard

CBSSN ain't SNY

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This is the sports package for Sling TV. If you get Fox, you should be able to stream SNY on a Roku or other device.

314236C9-7A9D-4BFD-B8DE-4A2C30E9F8C5.jpeg

Reaction Score
I am in FL and watch UConn women games streaming on my laptop via the FoxSports app. Men's games are usually on Fox or FS1 so never a problem with getting them. Women's games need to follow the men and move to Fox/FS1.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hulu live is about $83 a month. As part of the package I also get Disney+ and ESPN plus. ESPN plus is useful because it carries the men's hockey games, plus some away baseball games. Hulu live itself carries pretty much every channel you would get with a cable provider.

FYI

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I have Hulu Live and am able to livestream the SNY games using the Fox Sports App. My monthly cost for Hulu Live (65+ channels) isn't even close to $300/month. With Disney+ and ESPN+ included, the cost is currently under $80/month.
But I am not trying to argue with you, it is what it is. I just wanted to inform you of my individual circumstances concerning SNY games and the cost.

CL82

Reaction Score
I have Hulu Live and am able to livestream the SNY games using the Fox Sports App. My monthly cost for Hulu Live (65+ channels) isn't even close to $300/month. With Disney+ and ESPN+ included, the cost is currently under $80/month.
But I am not trying to argue with you, it is what it is. I just wanted to inform you of my individual circumstances concerning SNY games and the cost.
Under $80/per month? How did you avoid the recent price increase?

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Under $80/per month? How did you avoid the recent price increase?
I was basing it on the price currently advertised on the Hulu website.
I am not aware of any recent price increase but will ask the family CFO about it. :)

CL82

Reaction Score
Mine is $79.99/mo, which is technically under $80. :p
Those jerks are ripping me off for $3.01 a month!!

seinfeld jackie GIF

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
It turns out that Hulu Live doesn't carry CBSSN, at least in Sacramento. Fox Sports showed the countdown screen, but when it hit zero it went to the Box Score/Play-by-play page.

Guess I'll be thanking MJL again this evening.
My Hulu live does carry CBSSN. You probably have to add it yourself, thats what I had to do. Free for me. SNY is also carried by Hulu Live without using any apps. $93 with taxes plus Disney+ and ESPN+.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There is an add on for $11 a month that includes FS2

View attachment 96093
I purchased sling blue today however the game was not available on Fox Sports It took my Sling credentials and allowed me to watch FS1, Deportes, and a couple other sports channels. But streaming the UConn game, which was listed, was a no go.

I’m not complaining, guess I’ll have to contact Fox Sports to see what’s up.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I am in FL and watch UConn women games streaming on my laptop via the FoxSports app. Men's games are usually on Fox or FS1 so never a problem with getting them. Women's games need to follow the men and move to Fox/FS1.
The Big East has a contract with the entire league, so it would be impossible to televise all the women's games as SNY is doing. I had to change to Hulu+TV to get SNY, but it is well worth it.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I purchased sling blue today however the game was not available on Fox Sports It took my Sling credentials and allowed me to watch FS1, Deportes, and a couple other sports channels. But streaming the UConn game, which was listed, was a no go.

I’m not complaining, guess I’ll have to contact Fox Sports to see what’s up.
Your tv provider must offer your local Fox station and FS1 in order to livestream the SNY games via the Fox Sports App.
If your tv provider offers SNY, then you don't need Fox or FS1.
Games on SNY may show up on the Fox Sports App listing but that doesn't mean that Fox Sports will broadcast the game on one of their channels, just like the games listed in the App for broadcast on ESPN will not be broadcasted on a Fox channel. For example on today's schedule on the Fox Sports App, the Notre Dame vs Louisville game at 6PM on ESPN is listed. This game will not be broadcasted on any Fox channel.
The only way for (the vast majority of) out of market fans to watch the SNY games is by using the Fox Sports App to livestream the game.

Reaction Score
Does anybody know whether this newly announced streaming platform, about to be launched jointly by Fox, ESPN and Warner Brothers Discovery, might affect future ability to access live telecasts of all UConn games?

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Does anybody know whether this newly announced streaming platform, about to be launched jointly by Fox, ESPN and Warner Brothers Discovery, might affect future ability to access live telecasts of all UConn games?
My understanding is no. From what I read this will a subscription only streaming platform that will combine the "national" sports channels on a single platform.
The only games available will be games that originate on the Fox (Fox network, FS1 and FS2), ESPN (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN+, SEC, ACCN, Big12) and WBD channels.
Not sure why this platform is necessary but people smarter than me must think it is.

Reaction Score
Your tv provider must offer your local Fox station and FS1 in order to livestream the SNY games via the Fox Sports App.
If your tv provider offers SNY, then you don't need Fox or FS1.
Games on SNY may show up on the Fox Sports App listing but that doesn't mean that Fox Sports will broadcast the game on one of their channels, just like the games listed in the App for broadcast on ESPN will not be broadcasted on a Fox channel. For example on today's schedule on the Fox Sports App, the Notre Dame vs Louisville game at 6PM on ESPN is listed. This game will not be broadcasted on any Fox channel.
The only way for (the vast majority of) out of market fans to watch the SNY games is by using the Fox Sports App to livestream the game.
Excellent thanks. It’s the local fox station that goofs me up. Maybe I’ll try to trick Sling with a different zip

Reaction Score
Strange. Worked here in Syracuse! :confused: Streaming services are such a PITA.
Streaming may be a PITA for most consumers but that is the future not cable. Cable will be dead in another 3-5 years. It's all about the money - ours to them.

CL82

Reaction Score
My understanding is no. From what I read this will a subscription only streaming platform that will combine the "national" sports channels on a single platform.
The only games available will be games that originate on the Fox (Fox network, FS1 and FS2), ESPN (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN+, SEC, ACCN, Big12) and WBD channels.
Not sure why this platform is necessary but people smarter than me must think it is.
Because if it included CBS Sports and SNY, I would drop Hulu live ( or YouTube TV) altogether. For a lot of people sports are the only reason why they have those broadbrush streaming packages.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Because if it included CBS Sports and SNY, I would drop Hulu live ( or YouTube TV) altogether. For a lot of people sports are the only reason why they have those broadbrush streaming packages.
I would guess that the only way SNY goes "national" is if someone buys up a bunch of regional sports networks, like NESN, SNY, YES, MASN and other RSNs that have gone through various owners and name changes, and put them on a subscription only streaming platform, then we might see them.
But I doubt that this will happen especially since some RSNs only cover one or two sports.

Reaction Score
If you have Spectrum cable, it is channel 139. At least that’s the case in Dunedin. Don’t know if it’s different in other parts of the state.
I had the channel listed on Spectrum cable in my area of Conn, but no sound with the game!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom