CBS Sunday Morning on Uniforms - Edsall | The Boneyard

CBS Sunday Morning on Uniforms - Edsall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I watched CBS Sunday morning last night (leftover from Sunday 1/8) and they had a piece on college football unis first focusing on Oregon http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-57354505/a-gridiron-fashion-statement/. Then 2nd most highlighted school was Maryland and the uniform changes they made this season, including their odd runway show. There was an interview with Edsall during which he spoke confidently about the uniforms getting them noticed. Then the piece veered into more puffery with a fashion designer from Barney's evaluating different unis including an aburd moment critiquing Hawaii's "I need more tiki, subtle tiki is no tiki".

Then piece returned to reality stating that ultimately results on the field are what matters. They flashed back to Maryland and stated their 2-10 record. Final words were then, "It's one thing to look like a clown and win. Then you're a winner. If you look like a clown and lose, you're just a clown."

Can't imagine Randy liked that ending too much.

Reaction Score
Haha, and to think I was watching the Republican debate on meet the press. This is what happens when I watch 6 clowns juggling questions on a stage rather than a human (clowns are human, right?) interest story about one of the biggest clowns.

Reaction Score
The clowns line was originally used in a UniWatch piece on the impact of the uniforms I think. Got to agree with the concept, though.

Reaction Score
Oregon's uni combinations - not terrible. Maryland's OMG, some border on ridiculous - unless you want clowns. To be fair, a few combo's were OK, but ugly helmets?

Reaction Score
You just can't beat our Husky Unis and Helmets. Maryland Harlequins and Oregon Clowns will flash onto the scene and fade away-- like orange leisure suits in the 70's. Somehow, that gray pinstripe still thrives.

Reaction Score
Oregon does it right IMO. Maryland is a copycat and a poor one at that.

Reaction Score
You just can't beat our Husky Unis and Helmets. Maryland Harlequins and Oregon Clowns will flash onto the scene and fade away-- like orange leisure suits in the 70's. Somehow, that gray pinstripe still thrives.

I dunno, an alternate (for special occasions) helmet and an alternate jersey might not be all that bad. Many schools (Boise, Stanford, even ugly helmeted tOSU) are doing it. It can be done with class.

Reaction Score
Dogdeacon, this is deja vu. I posted this link on Jan. 9th. Maybe my title wasn't catchy enough. Congrats though, you have gotten a few more comments than me. Must be a really sloooooooooooooow day in football land. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom