CBS Sports way too early top 25 | The Boneyard

CBS Sports way too early top 25

Reaction Score
She must have pulled some of these out of a hat. Oregon State just lost a chunk of its team. And some other grenades in there too. Of course, the portal wars will change this even more.
Well, it is labeled as Way-Too-Early, so I think it’s okay for now.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I realize that Iowa loses a few players. Still, the team outside of Clark shot 53% for the past two years, before Clark there was Gufstason, and now there is Stuehlke, who was arguably the best player against UConn. I believe they have more good talent coming in.

Bluder always has been a good coach, Iowa’s offense usually performs well, and now they are consistently getting good talent. I see another sweet sixteen for them.

Reaction Score
I realize that Iowa loses a few players. Still, the team outside of Clark shot 53% for the past two years, before Clark there was Gufstason, and now there is Stuehlke, who was arguably the best player against UConn. I believe they have more good talent coming in.

Bluder always has been a good coach, Iowa’s offense usually performs well, and now they are consistently getting good talent. I see another sweet sixteen for them.
They lost a lot more that just CC. The Big Ten as a whole is going to be complete redo next season with new members and so many players leaving thru the portal and changing teams.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
They lost a lot more that just CC. The Big Ten as a whole is going to be complete redo next season with new members and so many players leaving thru the portal and changing teams.
Your first sentence restates my first sentence. I stand by my prediction. Do you live in the Northeast? Barring injury to Stuelke before season or rotation players during the season, which unfortunately must always be a qualifier now, would you like to bet me a large pizza that Iowa will not be ranked in the top 16 at some point next year?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
No way this is a current prediction. Oregon st. Mass Exodus, North Carolina, Louisville, key players lost should move all three from top 15 consideration. Duke, Baylor, Kan St. Should be top 10.

With so many injuries, Uconn ranked number 2 seems a little high.
This a prediction done in April but looking ahead to November. I'm sure she is taking in consideration that all injured players from last year, for all teams, will be all ready for the new season.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It would have been nice if the CBS Sports reporter, Isabel Gonzalez, had provided the basis for her projections. To me, some are head scratchers, especially since the portal is still quite busy with some impact players still deciding on their destinations. And who knows what might happen entry wise in the last days of the open (immediate eligibility) portal. (Personally I doubt that any more impact players will enter, but you never know.)
But on the other hand, it is her way too early guesses, so...

Reaction Score
No way this is a current prediction. Oregon st. Mass Exodus, North Carolina, Louisville, key players lost should move all three from top 15 consideration. Duke, Baylor, Kan St. Should be top 10.

Ummm.... Don't sleep on Louisville. They have a pretty good class coming in. And some pretty good portal players.

Reaction Score
The top eight look about right.........barring injuries, the NC will very likely go to one of those teams next season.....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

20231223_132157.jpg

I like the way you think.

Reaction Score
Something is wrong here. By "dominating" the portal and with their "elite" talent,Tennessee should certainly be in the top 10 !!!
Where is the blue font when you need it ?

Reaction Score
Ummm.... Don't sleep on Louisville. They have a pretty good class coming in. And some pretty goodp ortal players.
I knew Louisville lost some players but I didn't realize they had transfers coming in. Thanks for the heads up.

Reaction Score
The first 5-8 look pretty plausible. It tails off after that since the transfer hunger games are still going.

Reaction Score
I’m good with the top 8. Gets weird after that. Especially Oregon State. Without Beers? Not even no alcohol Beers. Just no.

Reaction Score
Don't see anyone, including the L'il Kims, challenging South Carolina. Will be interesting to see how Big 10 and ACC frequent fliers do toward the end of the season.

Reaction Score
I felt like Walz should have tried for the Tennessee job. I feel like he needs a change. Good coach and recruiter, but I feel like things have gotten stale for him there.

Wasn't he just in the final 4 a couple of years ago?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom