CBS 75 Years of March Madness-Ultimate Bracket | The Boneyard

CBS 75 Years of March Madness-Ultimate Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was just watching CBS Sports network and one of the specials they had for the 75 years of the tournament was a 75 team bracket of all the national championship teams. Each region was grouped by champions of the same era and the games were simulated by a computer that took into account margin of victory, number of all americans, team stats, etc. I know it means nothing and its just all random but its something the historians like to compare. I was interested to see the fate of the 3 UConn championship teams.

All of them were one and dones with the 2011 team losing to 2012 UK. 2004 lost to 2009 UNC, and 1999 lost to 2002 MD. I dont really have an issue with 04 and 2011 but there is no way the 2002 Maryland team could get the best of our 1999 team. Hamilton would easily outshine Juan Dixon. The 1999 Duke frontcourt with Elton Brand was a lot better then what Maryland had in 02 with Baxter and Wilcox but you saw how well we kept Brand in check. Idk...this type of stuff is fun to compare because everybody has their own opinions i guess.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
UCONN 2004, on their best day, could beat any ncaa title winner in history. They were by far , in my opinion, the best Uconn team of ll time. Not even close. Not saying they were the best team ever but they are the best Uconn team of all time

Reaction Score
I was just watching CBS Sports network and one of the specials they had for the 75 years of the tournament was a 75 team bracket of all the national championship teams. Each region was grouped by champions of the same era and the games were simulated by a computer that took into account margin of victory, number of all americans, team stats, etc. I know it means nothing and its just all random but its something the historians like to compare. I was interested to see the fate of the 3 UConn championship teams.

All of them were one and dones with the 2011 team losing to 2012 UK. 2004 lost to 2009 UNC, and 1999 lost to 2002 MD. I dont really have an issue with 04 and 2011 but there is no way the 2002 Maryland team could get the best of our 1999 team. Hamilton would easily outshine Juan Dixon. The 1999 Duke frontcourt with Elton Brand was a lot better then what Maryland had in 02 with Baxter and Wilcox but you saw how well we kept Brand in check. Idk...this type of stuff is fun to compare because everybody has their own opinions i guess.

Ricky Moore on Juan Dixon = ball game. Our 2002 team wasn't as good as 1999 (it had more raw talent, but was a lot younger) and almost took them down, even with Dixon scoring 28.

I'd put 1999 up against anyone in my fan years. We wouldn't win them all. We'd probably lose to the Jordan-Worthy UNC team, UNLV, Kentucky '96, Georgetown '84. And there would be some tossups - Florida's second team, Arkansas, Duke's second team with Grant Hill and those other guys, UNC '09.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom