Castle was incredible tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Castle was incredible tonight

Reaction Score
Just amazing. Great kid.

I would compare him to someone who played in the NBA, but I’ll wait for a few more games.

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
Any chance we need to be worried about the hard foul he took? If he was banged up from that would he have been in he post game presser?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He was great tonight. That foul from Ledee was very hard and he just got up and went about his business. He is much older than his age with his playing style. He was the X factor tonight

Reaction Score
If Illinois wins tonight, put him on Shannon, Jr and call it a night.
Yes and it will be a challenge but he’s so strong that him and Karaban could hold him down. Illinois has this #1 offense but ours looks better.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Gundy was gushing over Castle all game. I always find it interesting when NBA folks have to call tourney games. They are used to seeing things at a certain level. Gundy loved his pace, poise and strength.

The no look pass to Clingan for the dunk was a beauty. As Gundy notes, Castle knew he was making the no look to Clingan before he got the ball from Spencer.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I still don’t think we have seen his peak yet. I think we will though over the next 10 days. Good God I can’t wait.
To think he’s not even scoring outside of 5’ right now or playing his natural position.

Reaction Score
Huge tonight. If he ever gets a long range game he could be a future NBA all star.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The foul by Ledee would’ve killed an average man, Castle walked it off like nothing. He’s different.
Am I the only one who was thinking that if one of our players came flying in and leveled a player who pulled in a rebound it would have been called a flagrant foul?

Reaction Score
Yes and it will be a challenge but he’s so strong that him and Karaban could hold him down. Illinois has this #1 offense but ours looks better.
Their efficiency is very high, but outside of that, its odd that they don't do anything on the offensive metrics particularly well. At KenPom, UConn is actually #1, but they also are top ten in FG% (7), 2P% (4), and Assist Rt (5). And they're number 12 in OffReb%. Illinois' top metric if OffReb% at #17. Odd

Reaction Score
You could say Castle has filled the role of last years Andre as a freshman, and then pour on the scoring

Reaction Score
Van Gundy could not stop talking about how much he loved Castle. I feel like Steph is solidifying himself near the top of the draft and having a former NBA coach talking you up can't hurt. That touch pass to Clingan was beautiful, and the defense is so solid.

Reaction Score
I am just hoping we don't hear tomorrow that he's in concussion protocol.
I'm hoping he gets a serious look over. I wouldn't put it past a player with his drive and toughness to hide symptoms to keep playing, and head hits to the court aren't something to tough your way through. That being said, I'll be happy if it looked worse than it was and he suits up healthy next game.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping he gets a serious look over. I wouldn't put it past a player with his drive and toughness to hide symptoms to keep playing, and head hits to the court aren't something to tough your way through. That being said, I'll be happy if it looked worse than it was and he suits up healthy next game.

He popped up pretty quick, didn't seem dazed at all, and buried the free throws, so I am hoping it wasn't as bad as it looked as you said.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom