Carolyn Peck | The Boneyard

Carolyn Peck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG

Reaction Score
While watching the South Carolina versus Kentucky game, Carolyn Peck
commented that if SC played the way they are today, there would have been a different outcome to the UConn game. What she fails to do, is appreciate the fact that Kentucky is not UCONN on the defensive or offensive end. I really cannot stand listening to her.

Reaction Score
Geno took his foot off the gas in the 4th quarter. Let's not kid ourselves, if UConn wanted to, they could have won by 20 or 30 and there's nothing South Carolina could do about it. South Carolina just doesn't match up well with UConn because they suck at putting the ball in the hoop something even a lot of AAC teams can do better than them.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Geno took his foot off the gas in the 4th quarter. Let's not kid ourselves, if UConn wanted to, they could have won by 20 or 30 and there's nothing South Carolina could do about it.

Reaction Score
The only thing SC guards could do to Uconn is carry the bags back to the bus for them!JMO Tiffany Mitchell is the most overrated guard in America.If she was a true AA Dawn wouldnt be saying pound it inside constantly.The 2 best guards in the country are of course Moriah and also Courtney Williams of South Florida.Who wins the Dawn Staley award this year?Mitchell should not even be an AA this year.

Reaction Score
Another thing I heard her say this tournament is her support for Holly Warlick.... saying she has only had one bad season..... Hey that is great.... maybe we will have Holly forever!! I hope so.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
To Peck the WBB world isn't right until the south rises again. She's Tennessee born and bred. What do you expect her to say? The SEC is a mediocre league that plays a brand of basketball best fit either for schoolyards or dusty textbooks? In truth SC plays the best imitation of Summitt ball extant in WBB. It's all Peck has left to hang her antiquated hat on. Perhaps her and Doug Gottlieb can have a pack of obsolete children together.

Reaction Score
While watching the South Carolina versus Kentucky game, Carolyn Peck
commented that if SC played the way they are today, there would have been a different outcome to the UConn game. What she fails to do, is appreciate the fact that Kentucky is not UCONN on the defensive or offensive end. I really cannot stand listening to her.

[Kaizen said: I think Carolyn was drunk. Poor woman drinks all day..LOL ]
PECK IS SO BAD, SO LACKING IN OBJECTIVITY AND IMPARTIALITY that I feel justified in repeating my previous post:

Seriously, speaking of really dumb things said...I'm watching the UK/SC game right now, with the absolute two worst announcers of all time- Caroline Peck and Paul Sunderland (hard to believe, but I swear, Sunderland sucks even more than Peck.)

But I disgress...In hyping SC and extolling their greatness and how Tiffany Mitchell was so incredibly key for SC, Peck tried to minimize the loss to UConn by declaring "Remember, Tiffany Mitchell didn't even play in the loss to UConn." Mitchell DID play in that game, for 39 minutes, you ridiculous homer, Peck. Peck is willing to make stuff up to compliment Mitchell- ohoh, better watch your back, Tiffany, ex-Coach Peck has taken an interest in you.

Wow! The nonsense gets better!!!!!!! Peck just deliriously declared...
"If Carolina played like this when they played UConn, there would have been a different outcome!" GET REAL You dummy, Peck- SC couldn't have played like they are playing today against UConn, because UConn would not allow them to, because UK ain't no UConn. Not even close, you silly twit.

Last edited: Today at 6:52 PM
Huskies Rule, Today at 6:40 PM Report

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The only thing SC guards could do to Uconn is carry the bags back to the bus for them!JMO Tiffany Mitchell is the most overrated guard in America.If she was a true AA Dawn wouldnt be saying pound it inside constantly.The 2 best guards in the country are of course Moriah and also Courtney Williams of South Florida.Who wins the Dawn Staley award this year?Mitchell should not even be an AA this year.
I am one of UCONN's biggest fans but, the things you stated in this post about Mitchell and Williams are not true, imo.

Reaction Score
YES! I'm glad other BONEYARDERS picked Peck apart! I'm yelling at the screen (when you;re 68 you can do that as normal) what about Stewie & Tuck you moron? And things WILL be different the next time they meet. If they meet in FF UCONN will win by 30+ THAT's DIFFERENT! Tiffany Mitchell should make honorable mention AA.
The SEC is so freaking overrated, hearing Mr. Bracketology, CC, say the TN loss to Miss St. won't effect their 7th seed, WOW! And 9 SEC make the 64. Only TXam, SoCar, KY, & Miss St. will get past the 2nd game!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
YES! I'm glad other BONEYARDERS picked Peck apart! I'm yelling at the screen (when you;re 68 you can do that as normal) what about Stewie & Tuck you moron? And things WILL be different the next time they meet. If they meet in FF UCONN will win by 30+ THAT's DIFFERENT! Tiffany Mitchell should make honorable mention AA.
The SEC is so freaking overrated, hearing Mr. Bracketology, CC, say the TN loss to Miss St. won't effect their 7th seed, WOW! And 9 SEC make the 64. Only TXam, SoCar, KY, & Miss St. will get past the 2nd game!

I don't think the SEC is overrated because I think most people recognize it for what it is: a conference with one very good team and then a whole slew of up-and-down "okay" teams. SC will be a 1 seed, and after that KY is a probable 3 seed, aTm a 4, Mississippi State a 5, Florida a 6, and so on. And especially with the top 4 seeds hosting the first two rounds, it will take an upset for more than 3 SEC teams to survive the 2nd round. But that wouldn't mean that the conference is overrated.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
25% of the Sweet 16 is nothing to sneeze at.

And there will still be cries of it being overrated... No idea why the SEC hate is so strong... it's not the conference with 3 teams in the top 10 (or 12)

Reaction Score
She didn't say they would win. She just said the outcome would've been different. A different outcome would've been any outcome where we didn't lose by 12... that includes losing by 30 or 5.

If you REALLY think that's what she meant, well...

Reaction Score
Saying Coates and Wilson are the most dominant inside force in women's basketball is the most ridiculous thing she said today. She must have forgotten about Stewie, and Tuck, who really are the 2 best front court players.

And she overlooked the box score of the SC/Uconn game in February. Coates scored 2 and Wilson 13, while Stewart put up 25 and Tuck added 16...

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
If you REALLY think that's what she meant, well...

The fact remains.. we have no idea what she meant because she never said it. We can only assume what she meant.

It's Carolyn Peck.. you go into those games with her already knowing what to expect. I don't see why there's a need to complain about the same thing over and over here. Obviously Peck enjoys being wrong a lot, so let her be wrong. You guys are fans of the #1 program in the sport. You're Goliath. You have to realize everybody is not going to like UCONN or have glowing things to say about them. Peck obviously has no love for UCONN so take it for what it is. There's no need to get upset about it every time she "ignores" UCONN, otherwise, you'd be upset a lot... and she's not worth it.

UCONN is #1 and the far and away favorite to win the title.. UCONN has nothing left to prove.. screw what Carolyn Peck says.

Reaction Score
Ugh. Too much vitriol, here.

Peck has a job to do. She can't espouse UConn when she is calling a game involving two other teams, especially when it is THEIR conference tournament, not ours. Yes, SC looked a LOT better against KY than they did against UConn; Coates was actually playing basketball, and Sessions was carving them up. That team WOULD do better against UConn. That is, until Geno and CD made the necessary adjustments. Wilson and Coates ARE the best post tandem in WCBB; Stewart isn't a post player. Their problem is that Coates isn't mobile enough to handle Tuck, and Wilson is still trying to figure out where she should be playing; she's a lot like Tina Charles was as a sophomore.

Let's get back to being our usual constructively critical selves. We're supposed to be the fan base with the highest basketball IQ, according to Geno; let's continue to prove him right.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I gotta say listening to some of these announcers makes me laugh. Some of their comments...well they just don't think before they speak. UConn can beat any team in WCBB by as much as they want if they keep their foot on the pedal. Geno lets up and calls off the press and fast break. He brings in non starters. He does a lot of different things to keep the score down. Now once we reach the regionals he will keep his foot on the gas. Don't expect much less unless its a complete blow out. He wants to keep his stars in good health and not wear them down.

No opponent has a prayer of getting within double digits of UConn throughout the NCAAs. Most will lose by 20+ and some by more then that. Some announcers do drink Kool-Aid and wish some team could beat UConn but the fact is you cant wish your way to the top and there is no team that can score enough points against UConns defense to beat them. I watched Stewie take the ball from one end of the court right to the hoop like a point guard and score. There isn't a big in the country outside of Katie Lou who can do that. None. With that said enjoy the games today and tomorrow. UConn will win easily and you will see a different level of intensity and focus for the next couple of weeks. Other teams are dreaming of going to the FF, some teams are hoping they get to the FF...UConn is going.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This was the SEC tournament being played on National television. This is still WCBB meaning a certain amount of hype and promotion is desperately required. That promotion would go down hill fast if you compare any of the teams to UCONN. South Carolina played well and the SC and MSU kids look like they were having fun. Epps shot her mouth off and her team couldn't back it up. I still like Epps swag and dislike KY but she was good promotion for the game.
Mitchell is not playing as well as she has the last 2 years, but Wilson is playing great so promote that. TN played OK first two games that was obviously over promoted. This tournament has very little to do with UCONN but all of WCBB doesn't have to.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Carolyn's job is to fill the airwaves with words. Since she has few, if any, real thoughts, she is obliged to babble. It is not her fault, it is the fault of her brain.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom