Carolyn Peck outdoes herself again... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Carolyn Peck outdoes herself again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My spouse?? Jewell Loyd is 7" taller than my spouse.
My spouse once sprained her ankle standing still at the other end of the court with no other players around her. I think I still have to choose her, though.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Hooping! Good to see you! Totally OT, but I just got back from New Mexico and got my first look at Rosy Finches! :)
Black_Rosy-Finch.jpg

Reaction Score
Not sure if Lobo is bending over backwards trying not to show UConn bias, but the numbers just don't support that opinion.

FG% 3FG% FT% Rebounds Assists TO Blocks Steals Avg. Efficiency
Stewart .540 .295 .822 7.1/game 100 62 83 52 17.3 1.38/shot attempt
Loyd .466 .337 .825 5.4/game 102 83 15 50 20.5 1.34/shot attempt

Jefferson .574 ..500 .826 2.8/game 154 48 5 86 12.0 1.45/shot attempt

Clearly she's not even the best guard, let alone NPOY player.
Why so you post such meaningless statistics given the conference UCONN plays in; if you are going to do a statistical analysis, at least post something other than the trivial case.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
More announcer nonsense: ESPNu desk jockey Steffi Sorensen, whose work is generally commendable, came up with this gem: " ...Aja Wilson could start for every team in the country."

Could she? I suppose so, if you translate "could" as something very different than "would likely." If UConn had been successful at recruiting her (and I have NO beef with her choosing whatever school she liked), who in the current lineup sits so that Wilson starts? Sorry about that.

She's a good player with good skills right now, and a great potential for elite status eventually. But broadcasters seem to like the powerful feeling of using superlatives as if they were bestowing knighthood. Tap the brakes, Steffi. She isn't even a starter for her own team.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
More announcer nonsense: ESPNu desk jockey Steffi Sorensen, whose work is generally commendable, came up with this gem: " ...Aja Wilson could start for every team in the country."

Could she? I suppose so, if you translate "could" as something very different than "would likely." If UConn had been successful at recruiting her (and I have NO beef with her choosing whatever school she liked), who in the current lineup sits so that Wilson starts? Sorry about that.

She's a good player with good skills right now, and a great potential for elite status eventually. But broadcasters seem to like the powerful feeling of using superlatives as if they were bestowing knighthood. Tap the brakes, Steffi. She isn't even a starter for her own team.

And if Tenn had forced her to go to the right instead of her dominant left, we might have seen different results.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Why so you post such meaningless statistics given the conference UCONN plays in; if you are going to do a statistical analysis, at least post something other than the trivial case.

Meaningless! Pray tell, what statistics would you consider non-trivial?

Reaction Score

Every team except UCONN...

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Oooooh, the AAC haters just want to hate! Nothing can get them out of those dark caves they hole up in.

Of course the other top AAC teams like USF (Sagarin #12), Tulane (#51), and ECU (#54) can't compete with even the dregs of the ACC even if the Bulls can hold the margin against UConn to 14 while it's 18 for ND and 31 for Duke. No of course ND's competition with teams like Clemson (#199) and Virginia Tech (#144) or the BC Eagles team (#125) the lowly Hokies recently beat must be eons above the competition that poor MoJeff and Stewie have to face.

Unless you're one of the ND fans like Choke who just come here to deride UConn's schedule with their brain-dead RPI-worshiping statements that Huskies have some 30+ SOS, you might look at the far more rational Massey SOS ratings that have UConn right behind ND for SOS, with the teams at #1 and #2. Then before you start spouting about "meaningless stats" and "trivial cases," it will allow you to look like you have the vestige of a clue before you post.

And it does make you wonder where some of the logic in certain posters is to be found. Of course MoJeff has way more assists than Loyd, because she's a PG and handles the ball more while Loyd is a SG. But then should she have a ton more TOs, instead of having way way less? Stats should cut both ways if you try to use them that way.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tennessee lost to Chattanooga. If UCONN lost to WesConn, would they still be a #1 seed?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Tennessee lost to Chattanooga. If UCONN lost to WesConn, would they still be a #1 seed?
No comparison. Chattanooga is a top 40 team, so though a #1 seed should never lose to a non top 25 team (unless you're ND or UTenn, who have special privileges), you can't say the Chat loss was really really really bad like a loss to a #101 Sags ranked Florida would have been, and UTenn easily disposed of the Gators by 8 points.

Plus the Chat loss was when star Izzy Harrison was out of lineup, and the Vols played much better when she returned and so . . . . ah yeah right, so yes she's out and gone, but the Vols have been on a roll recently putting up more than 73 ppg going into the SECT final where they scored . . . . oh right, 46. But hope springs eternal, and the Vols are FF bound for sure.

Just kidding, Vol fans. Anything can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom