Career Night for Thabeet | The Boneyard

Career Night for Thabeet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Happy Hasheem had such a good night, it was a horrific night for all our other NBA alumni, Kemba will want to forget about tonight.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Hasheem on the double double. 13 and 10. Not Kembas finest hour tho

Reaction Score
Happy Hasheem had such a good night, it was a horrific night for all our other NBA alumni, Kemba will want to forget about tonight.

Rip dropped 30 on the Bucks:p

Does anyone know what was up with Kemba? Is he sick or battling a minor injury? Only played 20 minutes.

Reaction Score
The Bobcats were down 40 at halftime and Kemba was playing horribly, think the coach just sat him.

Reaction Score
The Bobcats were down 40 at halftime....

Ouch! That sounds like the Bobcat's of last year. It will be interesting to see how things play out this year, though I think they are improved.

So that's why Thabeet had a career game;)! I may have gotten minutes in this one;).

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Greta to see Hasheem perform well.
Caron also on fire with six three point shots in the third quarter.
Rough shooting for Kemba, BG and JLamb

Reaction Score
Greta to see Hasheem perform well.
Caron also on fire with six three point shots in the third quarter.
Rough shooting for Kemba, BG and JLamb

Caron finished with 33 points on 12-24 FG (9-15 3 3pt FG). To bad it was in a losing effort to the Hornets, but it wasn't Caron's fault , Blake Griffith had a horrible game (only 4 pts before fouling out). The 9 made 3's is a new career high, Caron's previous high was 5 made 3's. Also Caron was the first Clipper to go for 30+ this season......

Reaction Score
I tuned in late in the game because I figured Lamb would get garbage time minutes and wanted to see how he would perform. He hadn't yet checked in the game but as I was watching the OKC announcers were raving about Hasheem's development and the progress he's made since becoming a Thunder. As for Lamb when he did play he looked like a slob. I know it's garbage time but that's the time when you have to impress if you're going to get minutes in the future. For the first few minutes all he did was stand in the corner, no movement, much like what we saw of last year. When he did start becoming more active he was hoisting up garbage, he certainly didn't do much to impress. I've only seen him play 2x now but this appearance coupled with the early minutes he got against Detroit a week or so back were about the worst you could play.

Reaction Score
From a playing time perspective OKC was a tough place for Jeremy to land, minutes are going to be scarce playing behind Durant, Sefalosha and Martin unfortunately. If Brooks wants to keep a tight rotation, I can't see Jeremy seeing the court much this season. Hopefully a trade will open an opportunity for him.

Reaction Score
Jeremy's time will come next year as Martin is a one year rental, I just would've like to see him play with a little bit more urgency seeing as how his opportunities are limited. I know with his playing style it's probably always going to look like he's loafing but he seemed extra lackadasical last night.

Reaction Score
Definitely happy for him.

At the same time, though, I still have to laugh when I think of the Grizzlies taking him #2 overall. What the hell were they thinking?????

Reaction Score
Definitely happy for him.

At the same time, though, I still have to laugh when I think of the Grizzlies taking him #2 overall. What the hell were they thinking?????

It seems like an odd time for a comment like that...Thabeet's stock is on the rise playing for one if the best teams in the league?!?

Tyson Chandler was once a top 5 pick that for years was deemed to be over drafted also...no one says that anymore. Why can't we hope that Thabeet's career has turned the corner like Chandler's instead of assuming he's a lottrry joke like Eddy Curry.

Reaction Score
HT always struck me as fast straight ahead movement for big guy but slow in moving his hands and arms to get after the ball and grab it. Also, poor feel for the game re rebounding out of his area. Some of that can be improved my practice time and playing if you want to get better. Hope he is seeing the fruit of some serious efforts in getting better. If the big guy from Gtwn can make it, why not HT.

caw

Reaction Score
Thabeet will likely never be a star, but a 7'3 guy who can block some shots, dunk and hit his foul shots has a role in the NBA.

Reaction Score
It seems like an odd time for a comment like that...Thabeet's stock is on the rise playing for one if the best teams in the league?!?

Tyson Chandler was once a top 5 pick that for years was deemed to be over drafted also...no one says that anymore. Why can't we hope that Thabeet's career has turned the corner like Chandler's instead of assuming he's a lottrry joke like Eddy Curry.
hey, im happy for the guy. I hope he does well. Im just saying using the second overall pick on a quintessential project player may not have been the best plan, that's all.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
HT always struck me as fast straight ahead movement for big guy but slow in moving his hands and arms to get after the ball and grab it. Also, poor feel for the game re rebounding out of his area. Some of that can be improved my practice time and playing if you want to get better. Hope he is seeing the fruit of some serious efforts in getting better. If the big guy from Gtwn can make it, why not HT.

Hibbert is actually a good comparison. Hibbert has worked exceptionally hard to turn himself into the player he now is. He was not the same player at Georgetown; there, he, like Hash, relied principally on his size and good-for-his-size skills.

They're not the same player, but if Hash works as hard as Hibbert has worked, he WILL stick in in the NBA for a long time. He has shot-blocking skills already, and he has the body and skills to be a good rebounder and not an embarrassment on the offensive end. He will either work himself into a good NBA player or "not work" his way out of the NBA.

Reaction Score
hey, im happy for the guy. I hope he does well. Im just saying using the second overall pick on a quintessential project player may not have been the best plan, that's all.

Lol, I absolutely do get your point...But to be fair to Hasheem, there are MANY years where the available talent dictates that type of decision on such a high pick...ie. the Timberwolves drafting dude from Arizona with the #2 pick last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom